Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

3 sided arcade cocktail supplier in Victoria?

Hi all.

I'm looking for something like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96756[/ATTACH]

So far I can only find one in another state with hundreds of dollars for shipping plus of course potential issues should I need support.

I have found a few suppliers of machines in VIC but none with a 3 sided machine in this orientation.

cocktail.JPG.77cf8915bc1287143f6407fe36ef0b9b.JPG

I would maybe look a little more sideways rather than restricting yourself to ONLY this style of machine??

I will add that these are usually the ones with very dodgy wiring, built using used motherboards and HDDs and you are very likely to end up with a pile of junk within 12 months (just my opinion of these).

I had one similar to that it was the first cab I bought. I hated it, too cramped and the game board was not configurable. All the games were on the most difficult settings possible and there was no access to dips. Some of the emulation was poor also, but you get that with most multiboards.

I spent more time hacking the hdd to run an up to date mame and frontend than I did playing. Then I still didn't like it. Sold it and moved on.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

You see so many of these things being flogged off on Gumtree, not working or partially working.

The cabinets themselves are generally solid, if they have been wired to Aus standard (some have, some haven't) but as people have said, the PC based multiboards are usually pieces of crap. Glued in RAM, shitty old processors, crappy JAMMA connectors, failing hdds, the list goes on.

Do you NEED a 3 sided cocktail? You can buy flatpacks or even completed machines from Arcadeworx. Sure, much pricier, but they will likely be much, much better. If you can settle for a vertical cocktail, or even an upright cabinet with monitor switching between vertical and horizontal, you will open up your options significantly.

Playing 2 player games on a horizontal cocktail is not great IMO. Weird, cramped positions and does not replicate the true feel of playing side by side on a stand up cab. Vertical cocktails are fine, as they were what existed for so many vertical games in the past.

I appreciate the opinions on the likely quality but I'm not interested in building something (I don't have the time, the skill or the inclination) so I just want something that's plug and play. I don't want to be fiddling with switches and settings. I've tried all that with MAME on several platforms.

I have tried out a few of these types of machines and this is the best configuration I've seen. I want the flexibility to be able to play both portrait and landscape with the screen displaying in the correct orientation. I tried one machine where it displayed everything in landscape and it was awful. No way round that though if you don't have controls on 3 sides?

Not sure what you mean by vertical cocktail - you mean upright? Not too fussed about two-player in landscape, I just want controls in both landscape and portrait modes. I'm not interested in an upright machine - I'm too old to stand :)

So far the only supplier I've been suggested for the 3-sided machine is Mr Pinball but he is charging over $2k whereas the one I found in NSW is $1550.

I checked out Arcadeworx. Their equivalent is $2795:

http://www.arcadeworx.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=56

plus whatever it costs to ship from Perth.

Admittedly it does look nice but I can't find any details on their site about what hardware is in these. Presumably its something that justifies the extra cost? Anyway I have emailed them for more details.

Happy to listen to alternative suggestions for any other ready-built machines, hopefully a bit cheaper?