Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 28 - Scoreboard

The background image here is from a Funspot Space Invaders tournament circa BITD.

Very good pick up Max ... it's a great photo ... with players chuffed to receive a great Space Invaders T-Shirt and a massive trophy (over a foot long!)

What makes this photo a little more special is look at the great smile on the only female winner on the right ... great stuff! ... too bad we can't get @Amy back in the MGL!

By the way how far away are you from Laconia in your state?

You must have been to Funspot in the last few years, would you mind doing a small write up and post any pics of your adventures? ... :024:

Very good pick up Max ... it's a great photo ... with players chuffed to receive a great Space Invaders T-Shirt and a massive trophy (over a foot long!)

What makes this photo a little more special is look at the great smile on the only female winner on the right ... great stuff! ... too bad we can't get @Amy back in the MGL!

By the way how far away are you from Laconia in your state?

You must have been to Funspot in the last few years, would you mind doing a small write up and post any pics of your adventures? ... :024:

The photo is fantastic and captures the true excitement of the era. You can see it on all the competitors faces.

The fast answer is yes, I could put something together though not necessarily readily.

The longer answer is I need to think of a creative approach and find some time to get up there (40 minute drive from where I'm at). I mean, I can't just post Stocker pictures...

I have a few ideas.

After 2 games have been completed, Rat leads the pack going into week 3 ... and Foot and Snjspiteri are both in 5th place with 184 points each ... and how appropriate, Barra and smkrogman are both in 9th place with 178 points each ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGL28SBafter2_zpstufzw5c5.png

7 games to go ... :035: :035: :035: :035: :035: :035: :035:

I'm ahead of @Barra - stop the competition right now :) I tried my best to sneak a few more points out of Galaga - but bugger me, that game frustrates the hell out of me - had to stop before I busted either my hand and/or computer in frustration.

I'm ahead of @Barra - stop the competition right now :) I tried my best to sneak a few more points out of Galaga - but bugger me, that game frustrates the hell out of me - had to stop before I busted either my hand and/or computer in frustration.

You win this round!!! BnJ is much more frustrating than Galaga. I'm sure many agree with me :lol

You win this round!!! BnJ is much more frustrating than Galaga. I'm sure many agree with me :lol

It's not often we play two games that MGLers have WRs on at once....especially less common that I enjoy both games.

I have gained a greater appreciation for both games and both champs and possibly gained a PB on both games.....faaark I should break my hip more often ;)

John your BnJ scores are impressive, awesome effort :)

Barra you make 3+mill look easy watching the video, trying to emulate that is harder but thanks for the tips I think I can :)

Defender will smash the #$%^ out of you ;) try playing that on the fa%^in keyboard :D I keep getting distracted from MGL by defender which is just as well no-one else is gonna save you.

Defender will smash the #$%^ out of you ;) try playing that on the fa%^in keyboard :D

I agree with all of this :D

Have played on keyboard, PS4 controller and control panel. Smashes me every time!!! Your Defender efforts are far more impressive than my cheapo Galaga scores

LOL you can tell how drunk :tequila: I was when I posted that because I got all sweary :077:

Actually @Barra I think you would smash Defender if you had a Control Panel and decided to put in the practice time as you have demonstrated in previous games such as Star Force that you have excellent firepower speed, much faster than mine. Fire power can make the difference between a good player and a master, I don't think I will ever be a master as clocking it on red roms default difficulty seems to be really stretching my physical abilities. I am working on trying to get to a skill level that I can clock it whenever I want, I hope to get there, but ATM I can only do it if I can really get in the zone.

The masters can easily clock it at default and there is at least one player who can clock it at maximum difficulty :sm1:

Barra you make 3+mill look easy watching the video, trying to emulate that is harder but thanks for the tips :)

This is interesting. I did watch a good solid chunk of Barra's 3 mil game and concluded that hey, Galaga is not that difficult. Just hammer out the entry bugs, then pick off balance. Barra's essentially doing EXACTLY what I'm doing so it's just a matter of repeating board after board. I watched for a few tip and strategies then assured myself that while I would not get a 3 mil score, I would be able to significantly increase my existing score by just simply hammering out a few rounds extra. Just do it!

With renewed confidence, I loaded up Galaga and promptly was beaten down...

I shall let Galaga rest for a good while knowing that I indeed put in a decent effort towards improving my score.

Yeah the difference between Galaga being easy or hard is all in about 4 accurate shots to reduce the swarm before they fly down, I just need to be slightly more accurate with a couple of shots and end up with about 6 bugs in the formation rather than the approximate 10 that I sometimes find myself battling now. Sounds easy, looks easy watching Barra do it, but it takes reliable accuracy and skill.

I watched (in awe) parts of Barra's game and was surprised to see him getting the ship captured. I only ever used to do this for fun and giggles and am enough of a muppet to miss picking up the 10k perfect shoot bonus due to one miss - yes it's hard to do with double firing power, but I can manage it :rolleyes - then I get clobbered quickly because my two man width base is too fat.

After 3 games have been completed, this is one of the closest MGLs for the Top 25 that I have ever seen ...

outrun86 and Sawys are tied on 17th place ...

bigredbird, CWK and Snjspiteri are all tied for 9th place ...

magrinder, RMacauley and smkrogman are all tied for 4th place ...

Rat and SoltyD are tied for 1st place ... and that's not counting all the others not tied for places in the Top 25! ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGL28SBafter3_zpswby9fqdb.png

6 games to go ... :026: :026: :026: :026: :026: :026:

:)

After 4 games have been completed, and we are not half way yet, this is the state of the scoreboard ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGL28SBafter4_zpsxmrh5bqb.png

The spread is very fine, and a better result here or there will make a huge difference ... 5 games to go ... elevate your game to jump into another trio of mysteries ... :026: