Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 28 - Game 2 ~ Bump n Jump ~ [FINISHED]

Well done on the new PB!:041:

Thank you @bigredbird. I took a different approach and received a different result!

To be more specific, I noted the comment from @John73 about luring them all towards you while in mid air, then moving hard to one direction to shake them off. That helped a great deal. That and jumping a bit earlier when approaching those small islands.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made it to pattern 5 but only a small increase in score. Now need to have a game where I get the bonus on the first 4 patterns and then figure out how to get by 5.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94325[/ATTACH]

162K is pretty good for pattern 5. Bonus 4 patterns is 200K plus whatever you can learn to navigate in the later stages.

Like John73 says, if you can get used to 5-8, you will do great ...

27,367 - 100k seems a very long way down the road for me. I keep alternating between a round where I try and smash everything and get between 10 and 20k and then go for a no hit drive, but hit one car by mistake and get nothing :cry

bnj0000.png.158efe3b71adccf76956f32110d78ef5.png

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94362[/ATTACH]

Getting a start on this one... I remembered it being a smoother game then it actually is but I think I only ever played it on Commodore 64.

I only started playing it again on MAME since the it came up in this MGL. I tried on both .106 and .150 - and it seems to be smoother on .150 to me - but I could be imagining it :unsure

I tried on both .106 and .150 - and it seems to be smoother on .150 to me - but I could be imagining it :unsure

I am not an expert and don't really play in anything above .106, however I agree and do notice that the graphics look slightly better and smoother on the higher versions than .106.

not really sure how to play this game?? Ha ha do i need to get to check point fast or is smashing as many cars the object of this game?? Thx

Check out John73's tip in post 21 on this thread and more ... you'll be over 50K in no time ...

http://i.imgur.com/O7m24JX.jpg

Why does the first level not have any music and a weird jumping noise? But the second u finish first level it's normal sounds..

Think i just figured it out. appears if u credit up and start a game too quick after loading the game. it has that weird glitch.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing this! It was doing my head in. Made it reaaaaally annoying to play. I'll try the workaround tonight.

Hello! I got a message to come play here and I know a couple of you already so I thought I'd come join in the MGL tourney for fun and at least say hi in the forums. Here's my first submission for Bump 'n Jump - 209,820

bnj209820.thumb.png.4bae5ce7f5523d3c17cda0891999e3ae.png

And here's the link to the Twitch highlight:

https://www.twitch.tv/soltyd/v/71597509

Edited by SoltyD
Added Twitch highlight link

56,496 - used all my luck having a kill no cars drive. It's a bit annoying when an enemy car crashes into the dump truck load and you score a hit because of it. I guess it's me putting them into that situation?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94438[/ATTACH]

I assume by this you mean that you've bumped a car and it then runs into the rocks that the dump truck has dumped? Enemy cars that run into loads of rocks of their own accord do not count towards your car kill.

0000.png.3e27bd3ddb714c79ee7e4c554e15a36d.png

0001.png.3671c862f313aab8b4900c0ede8f0cb5.png

Decided to have an early morning game since I've been awake since 4am :headbuttwall:

Started about about 6:30a I guess and conditions outside weren't ideal - cold weather (for Brisbane) made my hand cold. Then the sun comes up to warm my hands, but it's almost directly in my eyes :rolleyes Lots of silly mistakes, if I can find the time and energy I'm sure I can break the MAME WR on this one.

Got it going on Wolf 150 too. Had to slightly modify the record.bat file so that it stopped moving the .cfg file.

77,644 - slowly getting better.

bnj0006.png.970fe23f99c9962f11931c9c89e8878e.png

I assume by this you mean that you've bumped a car and it then runs into the rocks that the dump truck has dumped? Enemy cars that run into loads of rocks of their own accord do not count towards your car kill.

Yeah look to be honest I don't know what I mean - sometimes I would swear that I never crashed another car only to get to the end and see I've hit one bloody car - grrrrr.

Seems you need to know which cars to pick on too - blue seem fast and dogged in their pursuit, but are easy to bump. Greens are ok too, some of the bulldozers don't seem to move and I often fall for the trap of clipping the very front of the load dumped by the tip truck.

Yeah look to be honest I don't know what I mean - sometimes I would swear that I never crashed another car only to get to the end and see I've hit one bloody car - grrrrr.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. This single sentence probably represents the most frustrating part of this game for me. You make your run confident that you've not ticked any car whatsoever, and that's not so easy as we all know, then I look up and the game tells me I've smashed one car. Here's your 300 point bonus! grrr indeed.

I know the 2 mil is modest for you @John73, though I too have to add - nice score!

This is a tough game.

Seems you need to know which cars to pick on too - blue seem fast and dogged in their pursuit, but are easy to bump. Greens are ok too, some of the bulldozers don't seem to move and I often fall for the trap of clipping the very front of the load dumped by the tip truck.

Knowing how each car reacts is pretty important. I can give a brief guide, but playing the game and getting to know each enemy is the only way you'll really learn.

bnj.png.1d436e0738450773591177fcbcad4bff.png

From top and left to right (and this is from memory and by no means scientifically tested) the basic weight of each enemy is:

1. Medium 2. Light 3. Light 4. Heavy 5.Medium

6. Very Heavy 7. Heavy 8. Dump Truck (a simple touch will kill it, be it your car or you nudging another enemy into it) 9. Light 10. Light

Your car can be considered light.

The game uses a very basic version of Newton's Third Law of Motion - For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. So if you run full speed directly into the back of a tank (no 6) you are going to lose a lot of speed and you will do next to nothing to the forward momentum of the tank. Do this to one of the lighter enemy cars and you won't lose much forward speed, but you will also pass on a lot of momentum to them and risk send them to their death.

The heavy cars can be used to your advantage if you need to quickly gain speed, get along side them and nudge the front of their car with the rear of your car. Being heavy, they will not move so there is little risk of them then crashing into a wall and because this is like being hit from behind it will cause their heavy forward momentum to be transferred to your car and give you an immediate boost in speed - more acceleration than is possible by just pressing up on the joystick.

Hope that makes some sense to someone. :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

I know EXACTLY what you mean. This single sentence probably represents the most frustrating part of this game for me. You make your run confident that you've not ticked any car whatsoever, and that's not so easy as we all know, then I look up and the game tells me I've smashed one car. Here's your 300 point bonus! grrr indeed.

I don't get caught too often smashing a car and not noticing, but I do get plenty of times when I've 80-95% completed a pattern and then get into a situation where I have to smash a car or die. You're right - it is frustrating, you've just played about 3 minutes and scored probably 1500-2000 points :lol

This is where I think getting the 10mil goal I'm after is going to be so hard. The game gives you about 10 seconds break between levels, so you just can't play this game forever. Every time you stuff a pattern up, that is like scoring say 5k in 3 minutes (or 100k per hour scoring rate) - 10mil scoring at a rate of 100k per hour would take 100 hours (not possible to play this long for anyone).