Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Driving cabinet with G27 suitable for Playstation or PC driving cabinet setup

I need to make some more room, so it's time to move on my driving cabinet.

It's a Sega "Initial D v3" cabinet that was originally part of a pair. I believe it's the same kind of cabinet used for various Daytona and Crazy Taxi machines.

Note it's just the cabinet, not the original arcade hardware (PCB, monitor, wheel setup).

I have mounted a surround sound Logitech system in the back of the seat & behind the monitor with a big subwoofer right under the seat. There is a Logitech G27 wheel & shifter mounted onto the panel (see pictures) and the pedals on the floor.

As a display I'm using an Asus VE208 LCD monitor. I installed a new fluro in the marquee.

The board behind the wheel, and the bezel around the display is very much improvised. Anyone wishing to make a neater conversion might want to put some glass in and/or source a more original control panel.

I'm looking for $500 for the lot which includes:

• Seat/cabinet
  • Monitor
  • Subwoofer/speakers
  • Logitech G27 wheel

Just add your own PC or Playstation as the 'brain'.

Take out the monitor and subtract $50. Take out the G27 and subtract $175, but the speakers stay with the cabinet.

If the buyer of the cabinet chooses not to take the monitor and/or wheel then I'll consider selling those separately (cab buyer gets first choice)..

Pick up from Woonona NSW.

unspecified.thumb.jpg.0c409876b09b4f93b98cdf0a0127d7ab.jpg

Edited by dmworking247

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still available @Zorn79

Will swap the lot for a Nintendo switch :)

@tas_tig3r It's a bit hard to show you without dismantling, but to describe it: the cabinet only has a thin metal sheet at the bottom of where the original steering assembly is mounted. I cut a 12mm thick sheet of MDF and slotted it into the cavity (screwing it in from the existing holes at the bottom). I then took the lower feet off the G27 and instead screwed the G27 securely onto the metal sheet/MDF from underneath (all original bolt holes on the cabinet/G27).

For the surround of the driving wheel, since I wanted it to be reversable, I cut another thinner sheet of MDF around the shape of the G27's steering assembly, and I wrapped it in a leather-like vinyl. This was then secured to as the control panel facia using the original CP bolts onto the cabinet.

Lastly I got a thick steel plate which I bent (with a vice) into the right angle, the back half of it was screwed onto the CP face, and the other half was screwed into the underneath of the shifter. The result is that the wheel and the shifter are rock solid.

• 1 month later...

Looking for $380 for this if sold this weekend (excludes monitor, but includes speakers & G27). Just need the space. Otherwise listing on facebook sites but would prefer it to go to a hobbyist.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qxdz4zsfb...VFrnxPcea?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qxdz4zsfb...VFrnxPcea?dl=0