Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball repair course.(Brisbane)

The book along with the machine's manual has been of help to me. If you're a pinball lover it's a good to have resource. I enjoying reading it.

Hey mate,

Where is the best place to buy these books online?

I have a GnR and Indy which have both been out of action for 18-20 months due to lack of time working

two jobs, plus no idea. Would these books be a good place to start for someone like me.

Cheers

Adam B.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate,

Where is the best place to buy these books online?

I have a GnR and Indy which have both been out of action for 18-20 months due to lack of time working

two jobs, plus no idea. Would these books be a good place to start for someone like me.

Cheers

Adam B.

I will ask Norbert tonight when I see him. There won't be direct reference to the GnR DE system, but many principles and explanations will be relevant.

You can order a book here:

http://www.pinballhq.com.au/#!how-to-fix-pinball/c10ob

Edited by 1.21 Gigawatts
Added link

Ok the wheels are in motion and everything has been organised (a big thanks to @Nick64 ) The last peace of the puzzel we need to sorce is a stern pinball 2006 or later that has the SAM operating system. This is where we are relying on the generosity of someone who would be willing to loan there pin for a weekend. So if you have or know of somone who has this and are willing to help us out please either contact myself or @Nick64 so we can organise and make arrangements.

Cheers.

@Andyj965 @JoeSoap @micky @BioBa @Savage @lfrenchy @saber007 @flashy88 @Sbaird @john17a

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Ok eveyone. I now know there are only 2 places left for the Pinball repair course here in Brisbane.

So if you are thinking of doing this course you need to act now!!!

After this course has run there are no confirmed dates for any future courses here in Brisbane and it is not likely another will run any time soon. If you are sitting on the fence and are undecided don't let this opportunity slip through your fingers. Contact Norbet and register your intrest via the link in post #28.

Get in quick !!!

• 3 weeks later...
I agree so much more confidence when working with them and being able to know how to test without blowing the board. If you're someone looking to fix with little idea of how I'd recommend his course.

Huge thank you goes out to Norbet. Such a gentleman. His course was conducted so well. He has so much knowledge he is only to willing to share. Explains everything so everybody can understand and only to happy to repeat it until everyone has grasped the concept he is trying to convey.

A big thanks to all those who attended as well. With out you it would not have eventuated. Great bunch of guys.

Finally biggest wrap goes to Nick for hosting, enough can't be said for your generosity. Thanks mate.

All in all highly recommend this course to anyone thinking about it.

P.S. Thanks Andy a massive thank you to vett (joe) for the loan of his machine for the weekend especially as he didn't even attend the course.

Edited by Silver Surfer

Pinball repair course.(Brisbane)

Thanks to everyone that was involved in organising the weekend. It was an amazing 2 day course and I learnt heaps. Going to be busy next weekend tinkering with my machines.

Was also great to meat so many AA members in person.

Thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks again to everyone who made this course possible and double thanks to nick and his wife for opening up their home to a bunch of pinheads.

For anyone considering this course in the future I would highly recommend it. The material is intensive and you will walk away with a ton of skills and info. More importantly you should have a lot more confidence to actually work on a pinball table. Yesterday I was able to come home and identify and trace an issues on one of my boards even though this was not specificly covered by the course, the knowledge you gain extends to all parts of pinball and even electronics in general.

Norbet is an excellent teacher and an all round great guy. He made everyone comfortable regardless of our skill level.

It was also great sharing the experience with a bunch of guys that all have a passion for pinball.

Thanks to everyone that was involved in organising the weekend. It was an amazing 2 day course and I learnt heaps. Going to be busy next weekend tinkering with my machines.

Was also great to meat so many AA members in person.

Thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trav, just remember if you need any practice, you are always well to come and tinker with my machines.

Great to see the course went well. Can also say that I was hesitant at first with the cost of the course but defiantly did not regret doing the course one bit. As Norbert points out the money you save yourself in tech fees quickly repays you back for what you pay to do the course.

If pinballs are your hobby than this course is great fun informative and could also prevent you from injury so if it comes around again definitely give it a go.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Thanks Vett for the loan of your Stern pinn for the course so we could learn about the SAM system , very kind of you to to loan the game must add it's in great condition .. Thanks to all who attended and made it a great leaning experience. . Also to AndyJ for picking up and taking back Vett's machine , to Anthony for getting the ball rolling on this and of course to Norbert for expanding my knowledge about pinns ..