Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Price check: N64 carts

Hi all.

I have the below loose N64 carts and have spoken to a new local "Retro Gaming Store" who may be interested in buying them. Can anyone give any advice on the price of the below carts either individually or as a bulk purchase? I would like to support a new local Retro store - as there are not many around anymore. However, I also want to make sure I have a bit of an idea pricing beforehand to ensure they are not going to rip me off!

The N64 prices on eBay/Gumtree seem a bit inflated by pro sellers and I am not sure they are realistic. I also can't really be bothered with postage etc.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Group 01

Front of carts

Back of carts

007 The World is not Enough

1080 Snowboarding

Airboarder 64

Banjo Kazooie

Blastcorps

Donkey Kong 64

F1 Pole Position 64

F-1 World Grand Prix

Forsaken 64

Goldeneye 007

Goldeneye 007

Hotwheels Racing

HSV Adventure Racing

International Superstar Soccer 64

Jet Force Gemini

Killer Instinct Gold

Group 02

Front of carts

Back of carts

Killer Instinct Gold

Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)

Ken Griffey Jr Baseball

Mario Kart 64

Micro Machines 64 Turbo

Mortal Kombat 4

MRC Multi-racing championship

Nascar 99

NBA Courtside

Pokemon Snap

Pokemon Stadium

Roadsters

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Super Mario 64

Group 03

Front of carts

Back of carts

Super Mario 64

Tetrisphere

Top Gear Rally

Top Gear Rally

V-Rally 99

Wave Race 64

WWF Warzone

What BLKTGR74 said, but allow say 20 bucks each for the following if in good condition. And the ones that are highlighted are a bit rarer. HSV adventure racing is the Aussie version of Beetle Adventure Racing and thus possibly the rarest out of these.

Blastcorps

Donkey Kong 64

Goldeneye 007

HSV Adventure Racing

Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)

Mario Kart 64

Super Mario 64

That will still give you a good bulk price and allow that shop to apply a useful markup.

Edit: A few of the games I listed were more common than I thought!

Edited by danny_galaga
some carts are cheaper than I thought!

So after speaking to the Retro store again, it now seems they are no longer interested in purchasing these N64 games. :unsure

So I guess I get to keep them for a while longer!

Edited by kryptonyte
crap grammar

So after speaking to the Retro store again, it now seems they are no longer interested in purchasing these N64 games. :unsure

How lame! You were offering an 'instant collection' to them at a great price. I guess they would rather spend countless hours and petrol money trawling through garage sales to get them cheaper :unsure

how much were you asking?

Unless they can pick them up for $3 ea most retro stores would rather sell bobble heads. Gametraders are a classic example of this. Hold on to them mate no point giving them away.

Sent from my SM-N9007 using Tapatalk

How lame! You were offering an 'instant collection' to them at a great price. I guess they would rather spend countless hours and petrol money trawling through garage sales to get them cheaper :unsure

Yeah who knows why they changed their mind? Their loss I guess!

- - - Updated - - -

how much were you asking?

I was just asking $400 for all 39 games ie ~ $10.25 per game. Yes I could probably sell them individually on eBay and make more money as some of those games sell for $50 a pop, but not interested in the effort and not out to make a profit on these.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless they can pick them up for $3 ea most retro stores would rather sell bobble heads. Gametraders are a classic example of this. Hold on to them mate no point giving them away.

Sent from my SM-N9007 using Tapatalk

Oh definitely won't be giving them away any cheaper than the $400 for the lot I was asking. I'm not desperate, so I can wait if need be.

This was a brand new store "retro" store run by a couple of locals and not affiliated with any of the bigger players like Gametraders etc. I do wish them well as we need more stores like this, but I guess they weren't interested in a bargain!

thats a pretty good deal for that shop, very silly indeed to turn that down, I might be interested, but you said you wont post?

Jason I am happy to post to a fellow AA member for $400 plus postage. To be honest I would prefer that these games go to a member, rather than to a retail store.

I can get you a postage quote if you like. What is your postcode in QLD ?

Jason I am happy to post to a fellow AA member for $400 plus postage. To be honest I would prefer that these games go to a member, rather than to a retail store.

I can get you a postage quote if you like. What is your postcode in QLD ?

are these all Aus carts and loose carts? Id be keen if they are all working and aus Pal carts dont mind they dont have boxes as long as they are all working

Edited by jason1

are these all Aus carts and loose carts? Id be keen if they are all working and aus Pal carts dont mind they dont have boxes as long as they are all working

Jason, yes they are all AU PAL carts and all working. I tested them all the other day on my N64 in preparation to sell to the local retro store. Checkout the games list and pics of all the carts (front and back) in my first post in this thread.

That shop is beyond stupid $10 a game is what they ask for if found at a garage sale where the people don't know what eBay is and don't know the prices

Sent from my HTC_0PFJ50 using Tapatalk

That shop is beyond stupid $10 a game is what they ask for if found at a garage sale where the people don't know what eBay is and don't know the prices

Sent from my HTC_0PFJ50 using Tapatalk

Yeah mate I totally agree. They missed out on a good bargain. Oh well, it will take them a lot of effort to amass the 39 games in this list for less than $10 each!