Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Space Fever restoration

• Administrators
SNIP....

Now the PCB is going to get fixed and my parts came out of the tumbler looking great (and not the mention all the 2c coins in the machine, I'm rich)

.......SNIP

Hahaha, I bought 10 or a dozen 19" Hankin uprights at auction for $10 each in about 1996 or so. Varying states of disrepair but they all went together pretty well in the end and I made up 6 or 7 games. I was pissed to find that all the doors were locked and I had to drill them out. I was less pissed off when I found most of the games still had a few coins in them and one even had $26 odd!

I got over half the cash back from the coins :)

Back to the restore....holy shit! That job is amazing, a truly magnificent effort,. Well done!

Dave

So here is what I came up with as future reference for anyone doing a restoration.

there was no exact match for Laminex or Formica laminates, I didn’t hold my hopes high. I found one that seems close in tonality though a few shades lighter.

Laminex Flax 372, it is a little more creamier or yellow than the pic shows though.

I suspect that over 40 years the tops would likely yellow or darken over time and no longer match the out of the factory colour exactly; I would be satisfied with this as a near as replacement as you are going to get.

I could be wrong about the yellowing over time and if this worries you I have provided the paint colour code referenced from the original sample. The triangle is a piece of MDF I painted for example.

Depending on the state of the top, I would probably replace with the Laminex flax veneer (or plain white) and spray the paint match on to that and seal with a clear. With painting the end result is all about prep, but finishing is a whole different topic that I’m not about to delve into the detail here.

hope this helps someone out on their project.

274C973D-F263-46CD-ACCB-39834866EBC1.jpeg.5a84507add1d50cd8968e9de0574f8ff.jpeg

4EE6DC1C-1F23-4931-83B4-1A8AF9D04951.jpeg.fc03e871ba59a9faba5fc66f3ceb46b5.jpeg