IGNORED

Head to Head Battle Pinny

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle Pinny Fly ball Guards.( this thing will have more fly balls than Ghost Busters :lol ) I have to design fly ball guards because as you can imagine I can see a ball launching from the opposite side and smashing in to opposite players displays at the lock down bar. This would be very very bad :o. So i shall have a shatter proof polycarb to protect it and deflect the ball back onto the playfield. So with my cardboard cut outs I have now designed it up in AutoCad and will send the file off to @nmercury to make me a few. But then I will have to install a full size oven to fit this in so i can bend it to suit the apron plate ! This will make the missus very very happy...

20180116_194212_resized.thumb.jpg.b83d58cc810580d513d9ba46a75a8da1.jpg20180116_194205_resized.thumb.jpg.9a00f4fa6ed4613f6a451d5e2eb97003.jpg

Maybe a couple of "trip wires" across the playfield just after the ramp to deflect the balls down?.

Height of the wires would be critical but a tight wire across each playfield 1/4 the ball's size down from it's airborne location so the wire strikes the ball around the top 1/4 of the ball and defects it down to the playfield before it is properly in flight.

Might be easier to achieve the same outcome. Just a thought.

Getting somewhere now, it starting to look like a real machine ! Finished the 95% fit off off the Red Playfield today. Both playfields where then put into the main body....first time in 16 months since I have even seen it like this....Still a fair bit to do, but having holidays has certainly pushed this along. Also I have attached a pic of the playfield in the service open position. Early in the piece it was suggested I make a single piece playfield, i can tell you know, i would not been able to lift it ! So two half's is fine. And yes @OzBlackKnight you have some more fun CNC'ing to do ! But now that I have mounted more stuff I will have to change the designs I just sent you....argh

20180118_153650_resized.thumb.jpg.a48eaeaecc264b610310ca9564247337.jpg20180118_153711_resized.thumb.jpg.3779c5f3a484f967d9c53b249406700b.jpg20180118_154050_resized.thumb.jpg.bb740c0490fb707153638c6b4d00db49.jpg

Bloody hell, the Chinese are trying to copy my design ! :blink: Space based head to head pinball !!!! I've got bloody star fields and space warriors on mine already ! ( that may or may not look like Halo Characters ). Now the race is on to finish so I can sue them for copy write infringement... Mind you, the flipper buttons on top that you must whack with your thumbs is different :D

1821920087_pingpong.jpeg.a9397eb53e309d636c795c5225f9398c.jpeg

The copying BASTARD even appears to have my light channel above the playfields ! I'm going to question every Chinese person I see until I find the BASTARD this is doing this ! :realmad:

Pure coincidence. :blink:

I bet it doesn't have massive EMF generators ( magnasave coils), in the playfields like yours does that can blow up a nearby TTTE pinball at 10 paces. :lol

I'm thinking you should offer your machine on loan to the Chinese leader to settle disputes with North Korea's Dear Leader and the moment one hits the magnasave, Korea's nuclear arsenal will explode from the EMP generated and the world's problems will be solved.:blink:

How the hell is it that i've never seen this thread before?? This looks AWESOME!!

Having seen BIGtrev's thread and now this one.. I'm now wishing i'd kept MY homebrew pin in one piece that i built 20 yrs ago!!

I parted mine out a few years ago but i kept the playfield as wall art for the game room, still have pics and videos of it somewhere.

Bloody hell, the Chinese are trying to copy my design ! :blink: Space based head to head pinball !!!! I've got bloody star fields and space warriors on mine already ! ( that may or may not look like Halo Characters ). Now the race is on to finish so I can sue them for copy write infringement... Mind you, the flipper buttons on top that you must whack with your thumbs is different :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122795[/ATTACH]

Don't know about using your thumbs ... think you'd get RSI pretty quickly and you don't have the same reaction time in your thumb compared to your finger (this is why you use your index finger on a stopwatch at athletics). I think they are more expecting people to slap it or play like an arcade game - certainly would be very different for us to play.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

How the hell is it that i've never seen this thread before?? This looks AWESOME!!

Having seen BIGtrev's thread and now this one.. I'm now wishing i'd kept MY homebrew pin in one piece that i built 20 yrs ago!!

I parted mine out a few years ago but i kept the playfield as wall art for the game room, still have pics and videos of it somewhere.

HomeBrew is cool. No one expects them to be perfect but it's excellent to see different ideas coming out.

I see pinball HomeBrew like hotrods are to the car industry. Full of new ideas others refuse to try.

TNA is a perfect example of what can be achieved through HomeBrew.