IGNORED

Batcave Masters Payment and Attendee List

sleazius

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sleazius Just confirming that payment was received all good and that Jack H is me?

@hutch I couldn't remember your user name at the time, then I remembered it and just forgot to update. All good.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Leigh,

Sorry, but I have to bail. I had to transfer my flights and accommodation to my girls, they both made their Dance Nationals :023:

All good. You hadn't paid yet anyway so that makes it easy :)

Quick sum has 42 confirmed attendees of the original 70 who initially indicated interest - and less that the desired 64 players for max point.

Not that it really matters for me - but i thought it interesting.

There were over 80 originally, I pruned the list more than once - currently 43 confirmed with another payment waiting.

It won't matter for the majority as the quality of attendees mean that 1st place will pay around 30 points x 3 events. Its a shame as it could have been 40 x 3.

Not going to lie though, I am disappointed. Especially when so many people whinge about there not being enough large comps run. If I can be stuffed running something like this again I'll make the payment cutoff 3 months out, if there aren't enough attendees I'll cancel the event, pretty simple really ;)

Regardless I'm looking forward to the weekend - we'll still have big prize money on offer (although not as big as before) - nice trophies, and it'll be good to catch up with people. Its also been a hard slog as always to get this many games in tune, it will be nice to play a comp with a big variety of games.

Absolute stellar effort and despite cancellations (which happen) I for one am very excited about this, my first ever event of this scale.

For me, the time to get away from daily pressures and relax with like minded people is reason enough, the points are just a bonus.

Thanks for putting this on and to those involved/supporting, great effort! Thanks!

Edited by Lazarus

Not going to lie though, I am disappointed. Especially when so many people whinge about there not being enough large comps run. If I can be stuffed running something like this again I'll make the payment cutoff 3 months out, if there aren't enough attendees I'll cancel the event, pretty simple really ;)

Regardless I'm looking forward to the weekend - we'll still have big prize money on offer (although not as big as before) - nice trophies, and it'll be good to catch up with people. Its also been a hard slog as always to get this many games in tune, it will be nice to play a comp with a big variety of games.

I gotta say it. I have been watching all the people pulling out over the last few weeks and I was pretty disappointed as well.

People... If you put your name down for something, make the effort to show up to it.

As Leigh says, it's a lot of effort running something like this (I know...!) and for people just not to bother coming, that's all a bit of a bummer.

Same with the Expo last year, I was reading people from Sydney saying Penrith was too far for them to travel to. What's with that bullshit? Probably the biggest collection of machines ever in one place at one time in the Southern Hemishere, and you can't drive 30 mins to check them out? Weak.

My 10c worth.

rd

Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's not long to go now before this event begins. As usual, it's been hectic and tiring trying to get this event ready. Almost like expo but on a smaller scale with all the dramas behind the scenes and all the problem solving along the way. But we're as good as ready. Well......., almost. :)

My hat off to Leigh once again to put his hand up to host an event in the spirit of putting on an event for his mates and all the people who love and, are so passionate about pinball and the fun competing brings to the best game in the world. I was so proud to have hosted the expo with him last year and was 100 percent behind him in supporting him with this line up of games and the three events he wanted to hold. We like to enjoy this sport with the friends we've made over the years and those who are just finding out what we've all known all along.

Most people wouldn't know the time and effort it would take to stage a pinball event, be it a simple comp, a weekend tournament or a whole expo. We won't even go into the money side of it. It can be quite overwhelming at times. I deal with this sort of stuff every day with seasoned and new Tournament Directors' wanting to hold an event. Again, I have nothing but praise for them and try and help most as much as I can.

This will be a great weekend. We hope we don't have many hiccups but they are always expected, no matter how hard you try and bullet proof and cover everything. Thank you to all of you who have made the effort to come along and enjoy yourselves with the rest of us this weekend to support this great hobby of ours. You don't know how much it means to us knowing that you appreciate the effort we have gone to and what we are doing to try and give you the tournaments and the enjoyment you want and expect. Again, thank you and I look forward to seeing you all having just as much fun as I will be.

I have been doing this for some time now and nothing surprises me when hosting events or advising others. I warned Leigh early on about not relying on the numbers that he originally had posted up here. Over time you will see one excuse after another. Legit or otherwise, I don't really care. It's not for me to worry about. My concern is always for the people who make the effort, hail, rain or shine. They are the ones that matter and who we will do our best to give them a great weekend of pinball.

Happy flippin' guys and gals. See you all soon.

Edited by Fair Dinkum Dan

Cheers to Leigh for putting this on. I cannot wait till Friday. Kudos to Dan, Edy and anyone else behind the scenes. I know the time it takes to get ready for the comps I have held and am thankful I didn't have to contend with builders, machines in storage and the fun of getting all the games working setup and levelled. Cheers guys. See you soon.

Just engrave the biggest trophy now with my name on it. Hahaha

• Super Moderator

Picking up a couple of the Kiwis tomorrow night. Sorry to say it, but if they mention the Rugby World Cup they might only make it as far as the nearest drainage ditch or possibly the closest bucket of water that their heads can be fully submersed in.........

:p

Dave

Can we get an address please so we know where we are going tomorrow.....

I sent a PM a min or two ago to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone should have PM with the exception of:

Naoimi - knows where I live

Matt V - knows where I live

Hollie M - coming with lfrenchy

Zack F - already has my address

Patrick N

Luke M

I don't know the user name of the 2 above, please send me a PM so I can forward you the message.

Also forgot to send it to Furbs ... whoops :)

Picking up a couple of the Kiwis tomorrow night. Sorry to say it, but if they mention the Rugby World Cup they might only make it as far as the nearest drainage ditch or possibly the closest bucket of water that their heads can be fully submersed in.........

:p

Dave

Cant wait to catch up bro LOL