Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cocktail Cab - 3 Sided.

I'm doing the prep work first.

Was looking to buy this flatpack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111664020676

I already have a suitable PC and monitor.

Was thinking of getting two lots of these to use as joysticks/buttons

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Arcade-DIY-Kit-Parts-USB-Encoder-to-PC-HAPP-Style-Joystick-10-Long-Button-MAME-/191562654244?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2c9a062224

Though this is a bit cheaper, but also looks it...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111664020676

They also sell versions of the above one that light up at twice the price approx which would make it look cool.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Arcade-DIY-Kit-For-MAME-2-LED-USB-Enocder-2-Joystick-20-LED-Lit-Push-Buttons-/181497190671

Though would like some feedback on these if someone has experience. It's a lot cheaper than going down the iPac + joysticks/buttons path and it seems relatively simple to setup.

The next challenge after putting it together will be getting the menu's to work both vertically and horizontally depending on the P1 controller being used.

Anyway, I thought it prudent to get some thoughts before purchasing. Will post photo's once I have the plan right and made purchases.

for the 3 sided cocktail you'll need 4x controls and 20 buttons + any frontend command buttons (maybe 3 smaller sized buttons)

so from the above link u are up for about $200.

An IPAC4 , 4x controls and 20 buttons + any frontend command buttons, would cost close to the same.

1 Ipac4 would be way easier to map than the other option.

I would love to hear from anyone who has a 3 sided HDD image with save high score i would grab that in a flash and Build one myself.

Good luck on the build Dumpstar, would luv to see the progress pics

for the 3 sided cocktail you'll need 4x controls and 20 buttons + any frontend command buttons (maybe 3 smaller sized buttons)

so from the above link u are up for about $200.

An IPAC4 , 4x controls and 20 buttons + any frontend command buttons, would cost close to the same.

1 Ipac4 would be way easier to map than the other option.

I would love to hear from anyone who has a 3 sided HDD image with save high score i would grab that in a flash and Build one myself.

Good luck on the build Dumpstar, would luv to see the progress pics

Just Remember that if using an ipac you don't need extra front end command buttons due to the shift function on the encoder.

[/quote

I already have the plan to use to 2 versions of mame. One for Vertical games and one for Horitizonal games so they can be configured easier for the different controls, as well getting the monitor oriented the right way. I bookmarked a few threads to play around with options later.

Main focus on the moment is getting controls. I think I will get all the stuff from ozsticks. Some stuff is cheaper elsewhere, but overall it's about the same.

[/quote

I already have the plan to use to 2 versions of mame. One for Vertical games and one for Horitizonal games so they can be configured easier for the different controls, as well getting the monitor oriented the right way. I bookmarked a few threads to play around with options later.

Main focus on the moment is getting controls. I think I will get all the stuff from ozsticks. Some stuff is cheaper elsewhere, but overall it's about the same.