IGNORED

demo man switch issue? ALL FIXED!

skitz

Question

just picked up my demo man from a mates house tonight and found a little issue. 3 stand up targets don't work along with the right outlane and right loop switch? was working fine 3 days ago... I have checked the j207 plug all good, replaced u20 and u14 with another still the same.. any suggestions? regards

Anthony

Edited by skitz

5 answers to this question

In my limited knowledge, looks like on the switch matrix pic row 8 is out, check all those switchs, wire may have come off, something touching or shorting out, 1st go into test, switch mode & test/check them, lastly check transistors

Someone else may have more info to add.

image.thumb.jpg.ba7821923fe91fd014331c96484529fb.jpg

Isolate the problem to the playfield or the MPU board first.

Get into switch edges test, then unplug the switch row and column plugs on the MPU (209 and 207), then use a wire to simulate a switch closure by touching the pins on those plugs - ie: pin 8 of 209 and pin 1 of 207) - if the switch test works doing this, then the problem is on the playfield or wiring, if the test doesn't work here on those same switches, it is an MPU problem.

You mentioned all the other switches in row 8, but not 88 - check if it works, and of so, i suspect a wire may be off at that switch or the one next in the chain.

It may also be possible that you have a bad connection on one of your connectors to MPU, if it was working prior to transporting the game.

Try reseating your connectors and see if that fixed the issue.

If not, then @robm suggestion is spot on.

thanks guys problem resolved. my board was repaired a while ago due to battery damage and I was advised to replace the plugs as well. anyhow, since it worked when I reinstalled the board I didn't bother doing the plugs. turns out 1 of the plugs had burnt pins inside causing the problems. stupid mistake on my behalf. thanks to robm, banana boat and sparky for the help. cheers