Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Trolley

ocyen

Hi all.

I am looking for a pinball trolley as I may be moving a few machines in the next couple of weeks. Up until now I have been using nothing but a bit of muscle and my own determination to move machines around. Unfortunately both the muscle and determination are now in short supply :D

A few previous topics have suggested that Machinery House have the most useful pinball trolley around but they are out of stock until the end of the month. Does anyone know of anywhere else that sells something similar? I have looked at Gamemasters but $500 for a trolley seems a bit much. I would prefer it to be able to lift the machine off the ground.

Alternatively if anyone in Sydney is able to lend me theirs for a couple of days I would be more than happy to reimburse you with the beverage of your choice!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations :)

Edited by ocyen

I have the 150kg version of this. Absolutely fking brilliant. And it's only about 45kg itself so you can lift it. The popular red ones are 65kg and difficult to get into a truck on your own (for me anyway).

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/221659080163?nav=SEARCH

ALWAYS lower the backbox when moving on a trolley. Keeps the centre of gravity low and forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is lifting my WOZ behemoth no problem..

IMG_1091.jpg.d2221f29226671b559bb10f0fc7735d2.jpg

I had the red one and it caused me more back problems trying to lug it round than moving pinball machines ever did. I also toppled the red one down a couple of stairs and the steel holding the hydraulic bent out of shape rendering the whole thing unusable. Seemed like it bent up way too easily. Lots of people have the red one though, and of course it does work well, just hard to move around if you are moving the machines between venues and need to take the trolley with you.

Edited by TimeBandit

I picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PINBALL-MACHINE-TROLLEY-TABLE-BOARD-RAMP-DOLLY-MOVER-/271652709688?pt=AU_Business_Industrial_Farming_Agriculture_Farming_Agriculture_Equipment&hash=item3f3fc36538

Reasonably priced, and happy with it. Only issue is the design of the handle means you cannot get the trolley far enough under the cabinet without removing the handle. I intend to get a new handle made, but it does work fine without the handle at all. Also has metal locking pins to secure the trolley when loaded. Rated to 300kg. I spoke to the seller about these, he's a pinball collector himself.

not the only issue ... its too wide to go between the front legs of non widebody pins.

I have the same dimension trolley (810 x 500mm) as the one @swampy76 mentioned - mine was from http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/J050# - before they put the release lever on the handle.

I have never had any problems with it fitting non-widebody pins such as: DE Tommy, DE Jurassic Park, The Getaway HSII, White Water, Johnny Mnemonic). I have frequently seen people stating they don't fit, but perhaps they was a wider model? :unsure

For this size you just need to make sure that the platform is completely lowered first, and remove the handle. I've never used the handle and to be honest can't say I miss it.

Cheers,

Andy

Ah that'd be it then - only DMD's in my collection!

i measured a dmd pin - a 500 trolley would not fit at the top but would fit you lowered it down to 10cm below the cab base.

the trolleys i use on the other hand work fine at the top. this might be fine for 1 off moves but it would be a pita to use all day..

Just had to edit as I just measured it. 450mm wide is the go. Mine comes with handle. I haven't got around to handle mod or removal yet. I did remove the brakes on it as they don't cope with uneven surfaces. One got folded under the wheel.

I have the same dimension trolley (810 x 500mm) as the one @swampy76 mentioned - mine was from http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/J050# - before they put the release lever on the handle.

I have never had any problems with it fitting non-widebody pins such as: DE Tommy, DE Jurassic Park, The Getaway HSII, White Water, Johnny Mnemonic). I have frequently seen people stating they don't fit, but perhaps they was a wider model? :unsure

For this size you just need to make sure that the platform is completely lowered first, and remove the handle. I've never used the handle and to be honest can't say I miss it.

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by Timbo
Because I can

i measured a dmd pin - a 500 trolley would not fit at the top but would fit you lowered it down to 10cm below the cab base.

the trolleys i use on the other hand work fine at the top. this might be fine for 1 off moves but it would be a pita to use all day..

Each to their own I suppose. All I can say (to help Ocyen make an educated decision) is that the one I bought fits easily under all of my DMD pins, and is easy to use. Moved three pins out of my shed with it on the weekend with ease. In my opinion, it's a good trolley at that price. Good luck Ocyen!!!

Cheers,

Andy

I have the J048 from the same place, I bought it as the table width is only 440mm, i have used it OK on williams sys 6, 7 9 and 11 without any issues.

As well as a couple of early SS stern games

I have also used it on a wedgehead and am pretty sure it went under the front OK, but it was a few years ago so not 100% sure.

As others have said I just took the handle off, not sure what you do with the new ones with the lowering cable on the handle though :unsure

Hi All,

A newby to this forum and pinballs. I have just recently bought Whitewater and NBA Fastbreak (actually have 2 NBAFB now - long story involving Luc Longley!!). Anyway, I desperately need a pinball trolley asap...

I am able to source a trolley (J048-red one) as discussed earlier from Machine House in WA but have noticed the new design with the release lever on the handle. I've noticed this on other trolley designs too. I was going to collect it tomorrow as I've been waiting a month for it to arrive but concerned about dramas moving the release lever (as the handle will need to be removed). Has anyone tried moving it on this or similar trolleys? Or maybe cut the handle down low enough so it does get in the way?? Any ideas/thoughts before I buy it? (i tried uploading a pic below - hope it's visible)

2_Rear-View.jpg.e74ddfd2c60365dafcbb3b8b4dc6779d.jpg

Hi All,

A newby to this forum and pinballs. I have just recently bought Whitewater and NBA Fastbreak (actually have 2 NBAFB now - long story involving Luc Longley!!). Anyway, I desperately need a pinball trolley asap...

I am able to source a trolley (J048-red one) as discussed earlier from Machine House in WA but have noticed the new design with the release lever on the handle. I've noticed this on other trolley designs too. I was going to collect it tomorrow as I've been waiting a month for it to arrive but concerned about dramas moving the release lever (as the handle will need to be removed). Has anyone tried moving it on this or similar trolleys? Or maybe cut the handle down low enough so it does get in the way?? Any ideas/thoughts before I buy it? (i tried uploading a pic below - hope it's visible)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74329[/ATTACH]

Welcome to AA Dave.

Hi all.

Thanks for the great info - a few good trolleys posted here. I think the red trolley (J048) from Machinery House fits the bill pretty well as it seems to be able to fit underneath most pins with the least hassle and won't be a pain to store. It is only for home use and moving pins around the garage so I don't need anything excessive. The price just went up on them by $10 but I hear they have a sale in March so hopefully it will come down a bit again.

Would also be interested to know how to remove the trigger and line which is now attached to the handle. Does this control the raising or lowering of the trolley?

Hi all.

Thanks for the great info - a few good trolleys posted here. I think the red trolley (J048) from Machinery House fits the bill pretty well as it seems to be able to fit underneath most pins with the least hassle and won't be a pain to store. It is only for home use and moving pins around the garage so I don't need anything excessive. The price just went up on them by $10 but I hear they have a sale in March so hopefully it will come down a bit again.

Would also be interested to know how to remove the trigger and line which is now attached to the handle. Does this control the raising or lowering of the trolley?

The pedal at the bottom pumps it up and the trigger on the handle drops it back down.

I would just cut and possibly bend the handle outwards and leave the trigger there as it's just like a push bike brake cable.

The bolt that grabs the cable at the lever (under the platform) is positioned in such a way, that you could put a threaded rod through the hole so you end up with a foot lever under the platform on the side. The lever movement would be forward/backwards parallel to the ground. The issue is the bolt hole is around 1/4" - 6mm so a strong enough rod would be the issue. But you could weld a lever to the bracket that pivots for a stronger solution?

Haven't done it as yet, just observation.

• 6 years later...
On 04/02/2015 at 2:53 AM, DieselDave said:

Hi All,

I want to know the long story involving Luc Longley.

Does anyone else have issue when lowering the trolley (only when pinball is on it) that it will suddenly drop down despite how softly I squeeze the trigger.

Seems to happen every 4 or 5th time when lowering pinball machines, it will suddenly drop rather than lower slowly?

Is there a way to adjust the trolley to prevent it dropping down suddenly? Its a afco LT-227 - Hydraulic Lifter Trolley as pictured below

trolley.jpg