Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Forum Updates

Great to see the forum changing not that there was anything wrong with it. Change shows an active forum. Used to be the editor on another forum where it was my job to write a story about a post on the forum that appeared on the front page and it stayed there for a month till I wrote another for the next month. ( I had spell check working in those days).

The story was quite a successful idea and would get many responding to it and attacted a lot of interest especially to the thread I wrote about.

Not saying to go with that idea but more a forum that changes, even if it is once a month promotes interest.

Keep up the great work. What you are doing is working quite well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I've got a weird issue that might not actually be an issue. I keep seeing that the monitor and chassis repair help subforum has new posts (the icon is blue) but when i go in, there's only posts from February. Have i set something wrong?

• Administrators
No its a bug with their software they either refuse or can't fix. which is something that's often complained about. This why they hid the "Mark all read" down the bottom of the site.
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

@buttersoft Did your posts return in those thread's we discussed that went missing during the VB5 "downgrade"? I'm curious. 🙂

Anyway.

Upgraded accounts have been restored except Sponsors. Your subscriptions can be managed in the drop down under your username at the top right of the site. You can also buy subscriptions through the store now. Every cent helps keep this site up 🙂

I've also changed the names from $5 upgraded account etc to Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Members.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-08-12T07-08-04_559Z.png.1e95cb8ee44ac41e58b94ca60424abe6.png

You'll see this in your profile. I need a graphics designer to whip us up some nice images to go in there.

@felixthadog I worked out how to get the prefixes for State and Country showing up in posts. You can edit them in your Account Settings or just click HERE

@VON That DOB issue sorted.

Damn I love this forum software.

• Like 5

@Arcade King IDK, sorry. I checked a few threads, that crosscode review in particular, but i edited that OP when it looked like the old version was never coming back. So now the edited version is there. I can't think of any more threads to try. There were a few with empty posts, but i can't remember which ones 😕

• Administrators
9 hours ago, buttersoft said:

@Arcade King IDK, sorry. I checked a few threads, that crosscode review in particular, but i edited that OP when it looked like the old version was never coming back. So now the edited version is there. I can't think of any more threads to try. There were a few with empty posts, but i can't remember which ones 😕

Hmm maybe I'm thinking of somebody else :classic_blush:

Somebody wrote some tutorials and bits of the post went missing when VB5 was converted from Latin 1 to UTF8MB4 char set.

Hi again - is there a way to wiew an activity feed from a particular section of the site? For example recent activity in all of the 'arcade' categories? I used to do this sometimes in the previous setup by simply clicking Arcade in the site menu.

I might be missing something obvious - if I click or tap on Arcade now I see the sub categories with the single latest post in each but no other recent activity, I would have to click on every sub category to see all 'Arcade' activity, for example.

If I go to Activity I can narrow the results by tags or other filters but not by category, likewise with activity streams. It seemed a useful feature, a quick way to get a more concentrated activity feed. The same applied to selecting other catgories, pinball, console etc.

Not a complaint, just wondering! Thanks, John

• Administrators

I've started looking at different looks. Personally I much prefer a dark theme but I find the default hard to read as its all the same colours just different shades. So I've started with a basic sub-theme for the default. I personally find this much easier to read.

Feedback and requests definitely taken into consideration. This is still very much a WIP. You can select it now if you like

image.thumb.png.e47c635579ffe232e36b7b4d11ab5129.png

image.thumb.png.59c9ffbc5a068564dce50c5ace8b5b22.png

image.thumb.png.c7936482f9b82c216d82eb184cda9810.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Arcade King said:

@buttersoft Did your posts return in those thread's we discussed that went missing during the VB5 "downgrade"? I'm curious. 🙂

Anyway.

Upgraded accounts have been restored except Sponsors. Your subscriptions can be managed in the drop down under your username at the top right of the site. You can also buy subscriptions through the store now. Every cent helps keep this site up 🙂

I've also changed the names from $5 upgraded account etc to Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Members.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-08-12T07-08-04_559Z.png.1e95cb8ee44ac41e58b94ca60424abe6.png

You'll see this in your profile. I need a graphics designer to whip us up some nice images to go in there.

@felixthadog I worked out how to get the prefixes for State and Country showing up in posts. You can edit them in your Account Settings or just click HERE

@VON That DOB issue sorted.

Damn I love this forum software.

Thanks AK, but I still can’t see the State & Country of users in any posts. Could you please take a screenshot so I can see what I should be seeing? The link you posted takes me to an error page with this message:

Oops!

You are not allowed to edit this profile
Edited by felixthadog

40 minutes ago, felixthadog said:

Thanks AK, but I still can’t see the State & Country of users in any posts. Could you please take a screenshot so I can see what I should be seeing? The link you posted takes me to an error page with this message:

Oops!

You are not allowed to edit this profile

Matt.bmp

on the left is that what you are talking about on the screen shot mate?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, JustAnotherRat said:

I think all of my posts returned as required.

Just wondering if the ability to embed Google Sheets will be returning.

Talk about slave driving. 😆

I've sent you a pm with instructions but for everyone else I've installed a plugin that allows Google Docs, Spread sheets to be embedded into posts.

• Like 1