Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aristocrat MK6 Emulator

Based on what you guys have been doing, I have managed to get Maximus Arcade working with the roms, it comes out great.

As you have to press ESC to exit the games, I was wondering does anyone know if there is a way to change the maximus arcade exit command of Ctl-Q to ESC?. This would simplify the number of buttons that require mapping.

I'm at work... but from memory

Go into maximus preferences - controller- then there are a few Tabs - i think the Menu tab has the mapping for Ctl-Q ,

just click in that box ( its ok if you leave Ctl-Q there aswell) and then press the button you want to use.... and click save

hope thats close by memory ..

I'm at work... but from memory

Go into maximus preferences - controller- then there are a few Tabs - i think the Menu tab has the mapping for Ctl-Q ,

just click in that box ( its ok if you leave Ctl-Q there aswell) and then press the button you want to use.... and click save

hope thats close by memory ..

Cool, thanks for that.

I'll check it out when I get home from work.

Cool, thanks for that.

I'll check it out when I get home from work.

I checked under the controller option and there is a menu tab, but there isn't any reference to an exit or Ctl-Q.

I had a look at the other tabs and I didn't see anything mentioning MA exit?

I checked under the controller option and there is a menu tab, but there isn't any reference to an exit or Ctl-Q.

I had a look at the other tabs and I didn't see anything mentioning MA exit?

Ok had a look .... in setup 2 there is a quit frontend. Map your button in that blank space and save.( best to rename so you don't screw up default maps)

just double checking.... you want to quit maximus back to windows desktop right?

Ok had a look .... in setup 2 there is a quit frontend. Map your button in that blank space and save.( best to rename so you don't screw up default maps)

just double checking.... you want to quit maximus back to windows desktop right?

Yes, exit to desktop.

Found it, thanks, right in front of me.

Unfortunately it looks like you can only use each key only once. As I already had the ESC key defined for the emulation exit I can't also have it for the MA exit. When I enter ESC in one, it removes it from the other, bummer:( I will have to think of another way to do it.

Thanks for your help

have you got a arcade cabinet? if so you can put in multi button press maps Eg: Player1 + B1 together (whatever buttons you wish to use) will exit to windows.

I gave that a try and it seems to be working, I'll muck around with it a bit more but it should be the solution.

Thanks for that.

use the mouse to click on touch screen Bet panel to set the bets .... then click the Play button on the other panel

has anyone got cashman tonight working? i can select denomination, and go into the game but the buttons for the lines and bet x have no numbers in them?

still cant do it, i can bet minimum 1 line, but there are no boxes for me to select how many lines, like the graphics are missing, also on the game menu the actual numbers from the 1c/2c denomination boxes are missing, but boxes are there

- - - Updated - - -

cashman.JPG.3d5d8c7fd007596b90c78b05ee23c38c.JPG

this is what i see on all 4 games

still cant do it, i can bet minimum 1 line, but there are no boxes for me to select how many lines, like the graphics are missing, also on the game menu the actual numbers from the 1c/2c denomination boxes are missing, but boxes are there

- - - Updated - - -

this is what i see on all 4 games

I don't see the 1 & 2 cents on the game menu either but I do have the option when the games starts.

Have you tried deleting the save files i.e. Cashman Tonight.epm & Cashman Tonight.srm file in the save directory, then try again?

yeah i deleted it all and tried again, must be a game issue if your having the same problem too, i can play the games, just at 1 line $0.01 bet thats all, never mind, i was told that a few games are glitchy

It works fine for me, when you choose game you can select 1c or 2c by pressing those buttons on the game title. Left is 1c, right is 2c. It doesn't make a difference what denomination you choose though, the max bet still stays the same. If you get it to work on 2c, it just means the credits per line get halved so the max is still $3 a spin.

It works fine on both on mine though. All 4 games.

I'm making a bit of progress on making the mk6 emulator work a bit more seamlessly in an arcade machine and I thought I would pass on my progress if anyone was interested.

I am running the MK6 game shortcuts via Maxmius Arcade, as previously discussed, but once the game is launched, I have to manually maximise the main window then pass control back to the buttons window in order for the arcade machine buttons to work. I then move the window to the bottom of the screen to be able to see the full screen, but making sure that the buttons window retains the focus.

I have found that by using an AutoHotKey (ahk) script that I am able to perform a few of the tasks automatically. i.e. maximise the main window & move focus to the buttons window. The only thing I am still trying to work out is how to move the buttons window to the bottom of the screen. As I have only just found the AutoHotKey program, I am still learning how to use it properly. There seems to be commands to do what I want to do, I just have to work out how, a lot of trial and error. Anyone used this program before?

The ahk script that I have written only seems to work once, so I have set it up to run as a pre-launch job and that seems to work fine.

I have found that by using an AutoHotKey (ahk) script that I am able to perform a few of the tasks automatically. i.e. maximise the main window & move focus to the buttons window. The only thing I am still trying to work out is how to move the buttons window to the bottom of the screen.

I have now sorted this part out as well now, so when MA launches the games, the buttons window is moved to the bottom and arcade buttons work straight away with no manual intervention.:)

A strange thing that I have noticed is that if I play a mk6 game through MA, any changes I make to the machine setting, like change from 1c to 2c, or the amount of money in the game, the setting are not retained. So when I launch the same game again, it goes back to the previous config. But, if I play the game outside of MA, everyhing I change carries forward.

Not sure if there is some sort of read-only setting in MA causing this?

I have now sorted this part out as well now, so when MA launches the games, the buttons window is moved to the bottom and arcade buttons work straight away with no manual intervention.:)

A strange thing that I have noticed is that if I play a mk6 game through MA, any changes I make to the machine setting, like change from 1c to 2c, or the amount of money in the game, the setting are not retained. So when I launch the same game again, it goes back to the previous config. But, if I play the game outside of MA, everyhing I change carries forward.

Not sure if there is some sort of read-only setting in MA causing this?

I think that will have something to do with the closing of the game. It appears to write out the settings as you close the game, it doesn't keep a running update written to disk as you change settings. Possibly the way in which MA terminates the game.

Just seen this and have started to download the ones I don't have, any chance of anyone seending?

Someone was seeding but that seems to have stopped.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Some members have asked for the AutoHotKey (ahk) script that I wrote to maximise the screen etc, here it is. You have to rename it the by removing the .txt from the end i.e. the file has to end with ahk. And of cause you have to download the autohotkey program to run it :)

Let me know if you need help running it.

Edited by thejudge
  • Like 1

Just seen this and have started to download the ones I don't have, any chance of anyone seending?

Someone was seeding but that seems to have stopped.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Some members have asked for the AutoHotKey (ahk) script that I wrote to maximise the screen etc, here it is. You have to rename it the by removing the .txt from the end i.e. the file has to end with ahk. And of cause you have to download the autohotkey program to run it :)

Let me know if you need help running it.

Just leave the download running, I'll turn mine back on when I get home later if no one else has jumped on.

All done, thanks for seeding. I'll leave mine running if anyone still wants the roms.

Thanks again

Just had a quick try of the roms and they don't seem to work, they cause the program to crash.

Is there so something that you have to do to get them to work?

In a test, I downloaded one that I already have working and it looks like the roms within the zip files are named differently.

So, I suppose to get them working we will have to rename them correctly, any idea where you can get the correct roms names from?

Anyone managing to get these roms working or am I doing something wrong?

I worked it out, it was me. Looks like the ROMS have to sit in the directory called ROMS directly under the MK6Emu.exe otherwise they doesn't seem to work :)

Edited by thejudge

All done, thanks for seeding. I'll leave mine running if anyone still wants the roms.

Thanks again

Just had a quick try of the roms and they don't seem to work, they cause the program to crash.

Is there so something that you have to do to get them to work?

In a test, I downloaded one that I already have working and it looks like the roms within the zip files are named differently.

So, I suppose to get them working we will have to rename them correctly, any idea where you can get the correct roms names from?

Anyone managing to get these roms working or am I doing something wrong?

I worked it out, it was me. Looks the the ROMS have to sit in the directory called ROMS directly under the MK6Emu.exe otherwise they doesn't seem to work :)

Correct! I worked that one out the hard way as well, you cna have them inside a sub folder inside the roms folder but not outside of it.

The new batch has some cool games in it, I still can't find a single place to grab the roms from outside of here.... I've been using all my google-fu skills and nothing!

I opened up the game.xml with notepad and found it has the games list i noticed some of them were denoted with a # or ##.

I'm fairly sure the ones denoted with the hash/s are not working as i tested them and they all glitch on me.

I've put the list up on a pastebin with the # not working.

http://pastebin.com/DhJLV79d

Some of the games on that list that are denoted as not working actually work.

For any of the games that error when you have the first spin and give you -44543434534 credits (or somethin in that range) here's what to do.

1. Start game, play 1 spin so it errors.

2. Press F4

3. Tick Audit, then Main-Mec then Main-opt

4. Press Q and W at the same time on your keyboard. (this should perform a memory reset)

5. Untick Main-Mec, Main-Opt and Audit.

6. Coin up and PLAY!!!

This doesn't work for every not working game, but it does for every game that has the error when you first spin. It won't work again after you restart the game either, you will need to perform the above every time you start it, but after you've done it once or twice it takes seconds. There's a few games in the latest batch uploaded that have that problem so there's an easy way around that.

- - - Updated - - -

I also found a really easy way to clear al the credits too. Much easier than my earlier hex edit post.

Just hit collect or take win, then it will trigger a machine payout.

Press F4, then tick and untick the Jackpot box and it will clear credits! So if you start a game and want to change the game settings from say 9 lines, but you don't want to play through the 10K credits it gives you by default, just do the above and then you can change the game settings.