Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Package of 416 VP9 2screen tables and db2s backglasses to match, ready to play

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Part of the magnent link was converted into a smiley face :)

I've corrected it and copied into a text file here:

torrent.txt

Open the text file, copy everything, and paste into the "enter web link" option of your favorite torrent client.

Marty/Brad, are you guys able to seed?

Cheers,

Scott.

• Administrators

Cheers,

Scott.

Unfortunately I'm on limited bandwidth, especially with teenagers and a teacher who are all on holidays. I have 1 week left and only 15% on our downloads left. With uploads being counted for Telstra Cable I cannot afford to seed =(

Cheers,

Brad

Part of the magnent link was converted into a smiley face :)

I've corrected it and copied into a text file here:

[ATTACH]70060[/ATTACH]

Open the text file, copy everything, and paste into the "enter web link" option of your favorite torrent client.

Cheers,

Scott.

Thanks Brad, no problems.

It's found some seeders now :)

Unfortunately I'm on limited bandwidth, especially with teenagers and a teacher who are all on holidays. I have 1 week left and only 15% on our downloads left. With uploads being counted for Telstra Cable I cannot afford to seed =(

Cheers,

Brad

Cheers,

Brad

I am in the same boat Brad hit my limmit resets in 6 days so will go full steam ahead then I am also seeding the XXXX in 1 image when my reset happens

• Administrators
I am in the same boat Brad hit my limmit resets in 6 days so will go full steam ahead then I am also seeding the XXXX in 1 image when my reset happens

I'm about to hit go on upgrading my plan to 500Gb a month. That should ease the burden somewhat and lets me increase the quotas I've inflicted on the teens via router policies ;)

What I need to do is tweak the quota rules that limits how much youtube they can view within their allocated quota's.

Cheers,

Brad

• Administrators
I must upgrade my router to allow me to set quotas stupid big pond modem Thompson modem

I still use the bigpond modem but its only the gateway now, no wireless. You read my post on installing a TP-Link in-between and running gargoyle from memory. Total cost to you $60.00

Cheers,

Brad

• Administrators
@Brad do you enforce quotas per network mac address ? So get the mac address of teens phone, laptops ? Teenage bandwidth abuse is chronic in my household too!

The wireless network has DHCP enabled with 2 allowable ranges. I couldn't be bothered with VLans and that's overkill for my requirements.

Range 1: Internal Network Only

Any device can join the network using the WPA key and they are automatically assigned to a DHCP range that whilst accessing the network (my mediastation library etc) cannot pass thru onto the internet. My only concern is my ISP allotted bandwidth after-all. I DO have QOS running on that as pretty much every device in the house is wireless and it can get quickly choked especially if 2-3 people are streaming movies or tv shows.

Range 2: Internet Access

Range 2 allocates a static IP via Mac Address from the secondary DHCP range. I'm fully aware that spoofing a mac address is child's play to those in the know. Fortunately my kids are clueless so no biggie. I then allocated a quota per device. The quota system can be set for time/downloads at intervals of minutes, hours, days, weeks or months and you can even set maximum speeds.

For my son who is 20 I allocated him a limit of 40Gb per month timed to our ISP's monthly quota rollover. Note this is Internet access only not internal network traffic. I then got him to install a download counter on his PC so he can keep track of it. Basically told him I don't care how he uses it but it's HIS responsibility to manage it and I don't want to hear about it anymore. As soon as he hits 40gig, when he attempts to access an internet site of any type he's presented with a "no way jose" page and proceeds to whimper a little at his irresponsibility.

For my daughter who just turned 13, I initially put on a monthly quota as well, however she found herself incapable of managing it effectively due to a drug like addiction to youtube. She frequently went through her quota within 2 weeks and had no internet access for the next 2. I actually found this beneficial for her but after 4 successive occurrences I took pity and suggested that maybe we divide her quota into days instead. She thought about that, accepted it and now she uses all of her quota daily but the next day she's back on.

I also put her on her very own schedule called "Claudia's sleepy time". This disables all internet access on all of her device from 9:00pm until 6:00am. I did this years ago to my sons Xbox stopping him from trying to own BF, Halo and COD n00bs at midnight ;)

All up I've been using this system for about 18months and its been fantastic and would highly recommend. The only issue is there sheer amount of kids friends or wife's friends who come over and simply assume they can jump on our connection and use it. They're always a little taken aback when I say no.

Kids do not like an I.T. literate parent ;)

Incidentally I allocate all of their devices a quota. Kids smart phones and my daughter also has a tablet I allocate those devices much less data allowances as they're just not needed.

Cheers,

Brad

• Administrators
Get a draytek router

Great products but expensive at around the $200-$300 mark dependent on model. However this IS the best way to go if you don't want to do a little work yourself. You still need to set devices and quota etc though.

I got a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND for $58.00 and flashed the gargoyle router management utility for free from:

https://www.gargoyle-router.com

At that price point I could have bought 4 for the price of a draytek

Cheers,

Brad

For my son who is 20 I allocated him a limit of 40Gb per month timed to our ISP's monthly quota rollover. Note this is Internet access only not internal network traffic. I then got him to install a download counter on his PC so he can keep track of it. Basically told him I don't care how he uses it but it's HIS responsibility to manage it and I don't want to hear about it anymore. As soon as he hits 40gig, when he attempts to access an internet site of any type he's presented with a "no way jose" page and proceeds to whimper a little at his irresponsibility.

For my daughter who just turned 13, I initially put on a monthly quota as well, however she found herself incapable of managing it effectively due to a drug like addiction to youtube. She frequently went through her quota within 2 weeks and had no internet access for the next 2. I actually found this beneficial for her but after 4 successive occurrences I took pity and suggested that maybe we divide her quota into days instead. She thought about that, accepted it and now she uses all of her quota daily but the next day she's back on.

I also put her on her very own schedule called "Claudia's sleepy time". This disables all internet access on all of her device from 9:00pm until 6:00am. I did this years ago to my sons Xbox stopping him from trying to own BF, Halo and COD n00bs at midnight ;)

20, kick him out and tell him to get a job ;) Our kids are 15 and 17 and the boy (17) is very addicted to minecraft online + FB, interestingly 15 y/o girl never uses FB at all (it's old hat and full of FREAKS she reckons :lol) but does use G+ and snapchat etc, plus youtube. She isn't so much a leech but the boy uses a lot of torrents and can't just tryout a show has to download 5 seasons before he even watches one episode, something I've put a stop to. I do control the media server utorrent bandwidth but I would far prefer to do as you done on a p/device basis. Way BITD (late 80's) I was a network and hardware tech (software nowadays) but have lost track of modern protocols and my knowledge is limited to pretty much basic router setup and limiting overall bandwidth - so thanks a lot for these tips, these little leeches are about to meet their DOOM :D

25 people ? I guess the problem with a public link is that it is open to anyone who gets word of this ie even non-AA members, which slows it down for everyone here. Can't do much about that though.

Could be that post / USB could even be faster than a torrent for some...

The final pack once Brad has worked his magic on with all the front end bits and pieces + xml it is going to be a lot bigger then 8GB too.. maybe and extra few GB at least with the video and images etc

• Administrators
25 people ? I guess the problem with a public link is that it is open to anyone who gets word of this ie even non-AA members, which slows it down for everyone here. Can't do much about that though.

Could be that post / USB could even be faster than a torrent for some...

The final pack once Brad has worked his magic on with all the front end bits and pieces + xml it is going to be a lot bigger then 8GB too.. maybe and extra few GB at least with the video and images etc

Yep, I quickly sorted the files into appropriate folders yesterday. I now need to go through it and grab matching media files, then hyperspin/pinballx files to suit and then test. Should actually take too long except for the testing part ;)

Cheers,

Brad