Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

I've been enjoying Elite on the C64, but sometimes no matter what I do, I get swamped by ****ing pirates. And then you practically have to use 'push up' strength to making these type of controllers work.

This is the end result. I had actually bought this for my 2600, but it arrived in the mail after I got the C64. Never did plug it into the 2600...

Photo0105.thumb.jpg.812640b3cd72f5b107d953b4409feef4.jpg

Hehe I broke so many joysticks on my c64 thanks to Summer Games and having to wiggle the joystick left and right to row or do circular motions for the cycling i think it was. Mega Drive control pad ended up being a solid replacement later on.

I remember raging on a few of my C64 controllers back in the day. They would take such a beating (but amazingly continue to work).

You should keep that carcass around as a stern reminder to the rest of your controllers of what happens when they fail you :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
I never could make the step up from "Deadly" to Elite. Nobody could confirm if it was just kills I needed or if there was a secret mission that I was missing.

Bloody Elite!

Same. I either couldn't play enough of it or I was missing something.

Brad

That look damn good! I also swear by the Tac 2 though

Brad

Ah yes, but I just can't bear to pay so much for it

I never could make the step up from "Deadly" to Elite. Nobody could confirm if it was just kills I needed or if there was a secret mission that I was missing.

Bloody Elite!

Well, I haven't even become 'mostly harmless' yet :lol

My solution. 23 bucks of parts (about the cost of just the freight for a classic controller!) (",)

I'll eventually do a write up of how I built it.

This. The best thing about older computers and consoles is that their joystick ports are often direct-wire, meaning you don't even have to hack an old controller to make your own.

• Administrators
Ah yes, but I just can't bear to pay so much for it

Well, I haven't even become 'mostly harmless' yet :lol

Thargoids in hyperspace are the key to advancement once you have enough firepower to kill them.........and hundreds of hours playing time too :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...