IGNORED

S.O.S IJ start up problem

Silver Surfer

Question

I went to start my IJ and to my distress it did not boot up. When you turn the power on under the cabinet the speakers make the normal hum but that is it. Where as normally it would continue to boot up with lights and the sounds etc I just have the continual hum of the speakers and nothing else. Is this a problem I could address myself or should I get my tech in to sort it. Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Thanks Homepin. Will attempt your suggestions and see what I can come up with.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks WOKA. I read your post. Cant say I understood it all ( I am a extreme novice) but I am keen as mustard to get stuck in and learn more about what goes on under the hood of these beasts....

• Super Moderator

Look at the picture I posted and identify that big board in the back box. Around the edge of the board (Power Driver Board) you'll see a whole load of connectors and a few ribbonn cables. Systematically remove each connector and reseat.

Cross your fingers and try again.

BINGO !!!!! I don't know what magic you guys weaved but it has worked. Thank you so much for your time and help. Not only have you saved me a few $ in a call out fee. You have given a great sense of self accomplishment in a world that I am completely new to. I cant thank you enough.