IGNORED

What's going on in the pinball world ??

Silver Surfer

I'm seeing a lot of dealer pricing with pins here lately. Surprised some of them have sold for the asking price. Must be noobs snapping them up or something, dunno.

Hmm I havent seen anything really that overpriced lately? Unless I've missed them?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I havent seen anything really that overpriced lately? Unless I've missed them?

Wouldn't be cool for me to rattle them off. Suffice to say people can ask what price they want for them, and more power to them if they get that price :)

Wouldn't be cool for me to rattle them off. Suffice to say people can ask what price they want for them, and more power to them if they get that price :)

That's OK. Hopefully I'm not one of the noobs overpaying haha.

I guess the op is like me. When you see collectors selling their entire high end line ups you start to wonder whats going on or coming. Now @jukeola sellling entire LE collection? Someone know something we dont?

sorry @Hashman my LE collection is not for sale - only shit stirring :D, it’ll keep going until stern close the doors or they stop making LE’s

My take is the collectors have been watching prices slowly disintegrate (although still high) and I think that when they see people struggling to get big $$$ on *keeper assets* maybe they decide to "move the collection" on, people.always have tendencies to hit the panic button sumtimes, maybe a few key players had inside word that stern was opening the doors for the mmr mob and thought, *shiyat, that weren't sposed to happen, that projects meants to failsz* must be done in some form of cheezy accent to be truly appreciated, lol, who knows, speaking from my own experience, sometimes we get bored and wanna move sumthin on, u gotta remember, our generation (ithink im x) likes new and shiny and sometimes old an worn, new gen seem to like a bit of everything, but the habits we have formed in the last 10 or so years has been *out with the old and in wiv sumthin new baby* so it stands to reason y there is such a merry go round. Personally, its like a luv/hate relationship, luv when they're up fs, hate when theyre sold :( but its givin a lotta peeps opportunity to become *part of it* and thats real good for the hobby and industry, all in all, as many have said in this post and many times prior, they'll pay what they'll pay at the time, sometimes that price is *high* sometimes its too low, I recall bagging out the tron le that sum1 sold (or mentioned that it had sold) for 14.5k, but theres a market for *the now* and it was repeated recently (albeit around 2k less) but it shows that theyll pay, and then theres the basic ones that just sit and sit and sit, cos the price is .....meh, then u have to ship/insure it, and then, is it really worth that? I can just keep on saving and surely theyll either drop, or ill get closer to buying somthin new, buyers market sumtimes, sellers market sumtimes, just thoughts an opinions is all, brain out, :)

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

My take is the collectors have been watching prices slowly disintegrate (although still high) and I think that when they see people struggling to .........................either drop, or ill get closer to buying somthin new, buyers market sumtimes, sellers market sumtimes, just thoughts an opinions is all, brain out, :)

Shortened your comment, but you had better hope that Homepin doesn't read it or you are in for detention in English:lol

I think the MM remake will rattling the price for this title at least. So you get a new and I feel improved MM (which is the best pin made apparently) for about $10K landed in OZ. Thats got to lower original MM prices below 10K i reckon. Then what is the next title to be remade?

I think the MM remake will rattling the price for this title at least. So you get a new and I feel improved MM (which is the best pin made apparently) for about $10K landed in OZ. Thats got to lower original MM prices below 10K i reckon. Then what is the next title to be remade?

Hope its Kingpin :cool:

This happens all the time.....we get bored with one, or as you say another we want comes up and we sell some thing to make room. Not sure what you mean prices starting to disintegrate. Having watched prices slowly rising now for the last 4 years I would say its basic economics of supply and demand. Sometimes we (and I am including myself) have paid a premium for a Keeper only to find out years later that someone else is happy to pay a premium so hence the sale. All good in the pinball world as far as I can see. B/W titles were always going to dry up as more and more ( it's what we wanted ) people have joined the hobby and become COLLECTORS so titles become harder to source and the price rises. As for the remakes that remains to be seen what it does. Seeing as most people I know are COLLECTORS they will go into their homes to be enjoyed.......might not make much difference at all.......But then again it might ;) !!!!

Sent from my iPad somewhere!!!

Best pin or not, the truth is thats subjective( or is it objective, its gettin late and my brain checked out a few hours ago, lol) the other truth is, people (fools lets call em) and their money can sometimes easily be parted, some are happy to pay the xk, others will attempt to get a "bargain" or lowball as some would phrase it, its all about what it means to you, example, I paid 10k for my Metallica LE, my grail, could have put 12k on it I still would have paid it, but if its so called value dropped to 1 cent, I couldnt care less, its mine, and what I paid is what I paid, if u were able to score it for 1 cent, then kudos to you, (noone specific btw, im generalising here, dont anyone get offended please) likewise, a lot of us place a $$ value based on x y or z (ive done this, its been that etc etc) I really dont care sometimes, it just makes me realise that in a material world, everything has its price. Some traders believe in ratings, so an afm can be x dollars and an mm can be y $$, but remake it and, its not the original this and your remake is just that (pissing on each other) dont care man, "u jealous cos i have 1 too now" (comment is not directed at any1 btw, generalising my thoughts/words in a somewhat simulated environment) but it is fun to hear the arguments/discussions, let the games go on, all is fair in luv an pinball, my rambling afterthought thoughts :)

Edited by IAMWZL

Maybe that is where I differ, although I collect them, i consider myself more of a "gamer" as long as there is game, im happy, fwiw, I cant stand some of the top rated pins, (afm, lotr to name 2) but that's just me, and 1 mans opinion is just that, an opinion, im luvin the trading that goes on, there are still lots of "collectors" that love parting wiv their toys, to other "collectors" for what I call "peanuts" luv their work, thats not sarcasm, thats real, brain......just about dead...lol...must...stop....foruming............tonite, great to be part of the discussions people :)

Edited by IAMWZL

• Super Moderator

Man - reading your posts and my brain checks out..

"fools and their money can sometimes easily be parted, some are happy to pay the xk," :wtf:

Xk being whatever the $$$ amount is x (unknown number) k (symbol for unit measuring in the thousand) hope that makes a bit more sense to you mr woka :)

Man - reading your posts and my brain checks out..

"fools and their money can sometimes easily be parted, some are happy to pay the xk," :wtf:

I couldnt read it...got too hard :unsure

Bag the brain of iamwzl nite has started just as I am finishing, lol, just opinions of mine people, im sure you could all read "it", let the opinions roll on :)

• Super Moderator

"fools and their money can sometimes easily be parted, some are happy to pay the xk,"

To me it's one of the same.. It can only be intepreted as 'fools are silly, but silly fools are happy fools.. :unsure