Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What's going on in the pinball world ??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lives in a cave..?

Not you IMAWZL - just decoding Rods post.

Typos typos typos, lol, IAMWZL, lol, looks like I made your brain go all dyslexic mr. Woka, lol :)

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Well since starting this thread 2 weeks ago I think I can safely say the pinball heart beat is definitely strong and healthy. Still plenty of new quality listings appearing from what I can see and plenty of interest coming from first time buyers. Which is always great to see. (as long as they are not after the same titles I'm chasing !!! LOL) Roll on good times !!!

Sterns 30% up on sales Steve Richie said recently acdc will

be made until the end of 2014 so that's probably there biggest seller now and sterns production line is putting together the remakes so yes pinballs huge at the moment happy days ahead :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Super Moderator

market is insanely strong atm. talking to people there are many more ppl entering the hobby than leaving it. demand > supply. seems strongest for high end and rare games. i guess space problems help there, if you can only have a few you want the best you can fit in maybe.

I've gotten rid of a heap of games prior to a gamesroom revamp and the view that I want less of a room packed with games and more of a family entertainment room (there is a pool table coming). have bought a couple of games as well during this process.

couple more to go and I can start the repaint ;-)

My kids are funny, I've had 3 separate envoys to ask me not to sell medieval madness, seems it's the only game they care about lol. (ps I AM keeping it)

• Administrators
market is insanely strong atm. talking to people there are many more ppl entering the hobby than leaving it. demand > supply. seems strongest for high end and rare games. i guess space problems help there, if you can only have a few you want the best you can fit in maybe.

I've gotten rid of a heap of games prior to a gamesroom revamp and the view that I want less of a room packed with games and more of a family entertainment room (there is a pool table coming). have bought a couple of games as well during this process.

couple more to go and I can start the repaint ;-)

My kids are funny, I've had 3 separate envoys to ask me not to sell medieval madness, seems it's the only game they care about lol. (ps I AM keeping it)

I knew the minute I saw then that those kids were smart little buggers :)

• Super Moderator
I knew the minute I saw then that those kids were smart little buggers :)

yeah they dodged you

:-)

except the one who wanted to sword fight..

High end sales are more frequent lately it does seem. BBB for goodness sake - didn't think I'd ever see that moving around, but here and USA - they are shifting. I wonder if MM, MB, CC, AFM owners are worried about remakes and moving them on prior to any price drops that MAY occur.

I am guilty of impulse buying and paying too much for some of my collection. I hone in a machine I like, watch the sales page, and when it comes up here or on ebay, I tend to grab it. I have been criticised for this indirectly on the forum for paying premium prices. But the way I look at it, I have put myself in the situation where I have expendable income, and I am happy to pass this on the seller so they can recirculate into the hobby to get what they want. If they make a profit - bravo, and thank you as I get the machine I want.

But enough rambling. Keep selling and buying , that's how the economy works, and it allows us all to own/play different machines. I just bought a TOM which seems to have changed hands 4 times in the last 12 months!

The internet pinball serial number database is brilliant for tracking an individual machine's owners and history. Unfortunately it's voluntary and there aren't many registered Aussie pins on it. Shame - it's a great resource if you want to know about the history if your pin and where it was sited.

@chopchop as long as your happy at the end of the day. That's all that counts. You have a great collection to show for it. Can you share your secret on how to have disposable cash like that!!!! I would be a willing apprentice LOL. I would love to catch up for a tour of it some time as the pics are very impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am one of the 'newbies' that has only really jumped on pinball the last year or so. Having said that, I have just purchased machine number 4! A Whitewater due to arrive on Friday - I am very excited! I like tinkering/cleaning/fixing them almost as much as playing them. Is that normal?