Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What's going on in the pinball world ??

I can't help but notice all the top level titles and games on offer for sale lately.....(both on here and other external sites) Wondering why? Is there something a stirring in the pinball heavens? Not that I'm complaining in any way (except that my bank balance isn't in tune with this what seems to be unusual phenomenon.....lol) Anyone got some insight into this they wish to share....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From some of the prices i see there must be an influx of cheap weed and everyone is smoking it

Thank god I'm not the only one. Don't get me wrong, $12K for a Tron LE seems about fair (expensive, but fair) but for some of other titles on this site.....how the hell do they demand the dollars that are being asked for?

The used market is only going to get busier from now IMO with influx of NIB machines, either you run out of room or $$ then decisions have to be made for new additions to come,

Rumour talk of remakes may have influenced some collectors to place there A titles on the market just incase they take a $$ hit at a later stage with more product on the market,

Just like many expensive hobbies there are those hard to get desirable items people want so you pay more to get your hands on it,

To be honest the way the economy is I'm very surprised these machine sell at asking price or close to that eventually, things really ain't that bad :unsure

I've noticed this too. But as a newbie I'm trying to start my collection with 90s and early 00s machines. Unfortunately these don't seem to go up for grabs nearly as much as the newer pins (2005 and onwards), with the exception of a couple of titles.

Twice as many nib's from stern and new suppliers hitting the market. People who have these on order need to sell a machine to finance/fit new purchase. They offer machine for sale. Next guy buying said machine is in the same situation and must sell something to fit in new pin. And so on. At least now there is some choice if you are looking to buy a pin. Resale value of nibs will have to fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have been steadily reducing my collection, had 50 pins at one stage, now down to about 18 and still want to move at least another 3. Room was cramped and found that machines were being played less. Titles that I thought I would never sell are now for sale.

The more selection for buyers and more pins floating around all the better for the hobby just not the hip pocket. I think most prices on here are quite reasonable, and for the most part everyone wants to do each other fair deals.

I sold a pin last week to a member here who had done me a favor in the past, I noticed he had the title I was thinking of selling on his wanted list, so when I finally decided to sell I offered it to him first and he bought it. As WOKA said there would be plenty of behind the scenes sales that never get advertised. There certainly are plenty of titles being sold to choose from, but also plenty of buyers, I don't think prices are dropping much yet are they? probably will mostly affect the market for pins around 2 years old that might not hold their value quite as much as previously?

As I only have two pins I'm all for prices dropping a bit then I might consider buying a third :) More buyers will emerge if the prices start to fall and that will ensure they don't fall too far, for now :)

I sold a pin last week to a member here who had done me a favor in the past, I noticed he had the title I was thinking of selling on his wanted list, so when I finally decided to sell I offered it to him first and he bought it. As WOKA said there would be plenty of behind the scenes sales that never get advertised. There certainly are plenty of titles being sold to choose from, but also plenty of buyers, I don't think prices are dropping much yet are they? probably will mostly affect the market for pins around 2 years old that might not hold their value quite as much as previously?

As I only have two pins I'm all for prices dropping a bit then I might consider buying a third :) More buyers will emerge if the prices start to fall and that will ensure they don't fall too far, for now :)

I'm seeing a lot of dealer pricing with pins here lately. Surprised some of them have sold for the asking price. Must be noobs snapping them up or something, dunno.