Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

26/01/16 The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy -

Is that something you have made up yourself or is there a kit available?

Pretty cool stuff!

For the most part yes ( not the Mp3 board )

The MP3 trigger board at bottom is available from Sparkfun - Homepin also sells a pretty cool one that I will use later in the project.

• Like 1

Surely the opening needs to be:

'Space is big. Really big. I mean, you may think its long way to the corner shop, but that's nothing compared to space.....'

One of my favourite series of all time. Well, the original BBC.

Not impressed by the movies etc.

Would love to see this as a commercial title. Maybe work in with Homepin. Would be a nice pair with Thunderbirds, another of my favourite shows from when I was a kid.

Hopefully us mere mortals will have the chance to play sometime.

Keep up the good work!

Mike.

• Like 1

Would love to see this as a commercial title. Maybe work in with Homepin. Would be a nice pair with Thunderbirds, another of my favourite shows from when I was a kid.

Interestingly Kress and I spoke about this title at last Pinfest.........

Quote Originally Posted by mix_vt_cal View Post

Interestingly Kress and I spoke about this title at last Pinfest.........

Mike and i might talk more if I actually finish it :)....?

- - - Updated - - -

I like Furballs Sig,

"Dont make me flare my nostrils"

Its not something Marvin has ever said , but it certainly could be. :)

'Sounds awful'

• Like 1

For the most part yes ( not the Mp3 board )

The MP3 trigger board at bottom is available from Sparkfun - Homepin also sells a pretty cool one that I will use later in the project.

Curious, what does the homepin board do that the spark fun one doesn't?

• Like 1

Curious, what does the homepin board do that the spark fun one doesn't?

Homepins board has two on board trigger processors an 8 input ( short samples )and 4 input ( long samples )

Each input has its own opto isolator which allows a broad input voltage ( 12V dc to 50vac )

Also a broader supply voltage input range 12V dc to 50vac

An on board stereo amplifier , with volume controls for each processor board and hardwire speaker out and line out terminals

FILE0198.thumb.jpg.f04ab792417a33f26b640cb58d9b4648.jpg

Hope I got that right Mike..?

• Like 1

Homepins board has two on board trigger processors an 8 input ( short samples )and 4 input ( long samples )

Each input has its own opto isolator which allows a broad input voltage ( 12V dc to 50vac )

An on board stereo amplifier , with volume controls for each processor board and hardwire speaker out and line out terminals

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61034[/ATTACH]

Ahh wow, impressive :)

My project will be triggering via serial most likely, so the spark fun one is probably suitable, but still, that's an impressive board :)

• Like 1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61034[/ATTACH]

Pretty good except for the supply voltage - I haven't populated the boards with the regulator (several reasons) so the supply voltage is 12V only.

Fantastic work and it is all so simple Andrew.

I understand every word.....its just when you put them altogether in a sentence I'm stuffed.:unsure

All good practice for the soon to be legendary Electric Road Last Lap.:D

1873351025_carlogo.thumb.jpg.a0b37cbfe7502a901a1ab47553d7c57c.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Working on the LCD which will do the scoring and cutaway scenes in gameplay

Been having a bit of fun today triggering the ' DON'T PANIC ' for the first time (Just a bit of a teaser Video)

Also the Infinite Improbability Drive

This was a bit fussing about but after a good strong hot cup of tea.....!

This thingy Randomizes via the Bumpers and slings a mystery prize eg; Multiball , challenges , ball saver ... etc

It also contains the latches , lighting drives and reset for the G>A>L>A>X>Y targets ( which lite the I I D ).

Sends for video and audio for the I I D plus solenoid drives for the kickout hole are also processed .

Cleaning up the wiring harness ..... TOMORROW

FILE0203.thumb.jpg.377aa3bdb2c52701ac620002abc049b8.jpg

Edited by kress
  • Like 1

What are you using for the video playback? I'd toyed with the idea of using a rPi for mine when I was looking at video as an option. Ended up deciding on LED digit for score, etc, keeping it with the "SS" feel of the rest of the machine.
  • Like 1

What are you using for the video playback? I'd toyed with the idea of using a rPi for mine when I was looking at video as an option. Ended up deciding on LED digit for score, etc, keeping it with the "SS" feel of the rest of the machine.

I'll chase up the link and sent it to you..... ( That was easier than I thought )

I've got to use three of these to get the machine over the line .

http://www.frightprops.com/magento/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/d5a15e872dcc8fe615d4034ffc29fbff/1/0/1003-720p-t1-1.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, that's a neat bit of gear.. Like the sound board but for video. Neat.

I've been reassessing my concept, and am looking closer at the p-roc coupled with a rPi. I'd always considered the p-roc to be "cheating", and expensive to boot, but it's not a bad overall solution for io. Coupled with a rPi for logic and sound, it might just work tho. What's your thoughts on it?

• Like 1

Wow, that's a neat bit of gear.. Like the sound board but for video. Neat.

I've been reassessing my concept, and am looking closer at the p-roc coupled with a rPi. I'd always considered the p-roc to be "cheating", and expensive to boot, but it's not a bad overall solution for io. Coupled with a rPi for logic and sound, it might just work tho. What's your thoughts on it?

The way i work is tedious , if you think it will make life easier and you've got the skills... do it. All I'm doing is trying to limit cost and confusion and especially with this build. I want for someone else to be able to follow my work down the track.

I'm really just building a bloody complicated E M but it still has code like any machine.

I have a RPI in the mail if that answers your question ?

• Like 1

My design originally was a iPac to handle switches, connected to a FEZ Panda, (usb keyboard interface allows for large number of inputs, event driven, rather than polled), running game code in c#, and the onboard gpio ions to control lights. Sound and score would be done via the raspberry pi, interfaced by serial. The panda could raise commands via serial to the rPi to play sound #, add score to led segment display, etc. unlimited sound samples. Limited only by size of ad card really. But it's just been dragging on so much, maybe it needs a simpler approach ;)
  • Like 1