Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Is there a way to tell if it is stolen?

I read in a thread a little while ago that someone had a pinball they bought taken away as it was proven to be stolen.

Is there a way check if the pinball is stolen before you buy it? With cars you can do a Rev's check for example.

Is there anything you can do to check to cover yourself from such catastrophe?

One day I will venture into buying a pinball, for now I can't afford it, but when I do I would like to someone safe guard myself.

some people may photograph serials, or make hidden marks inside the cab. But to answer to your question, not really much you can do. Buying from other members should be safe as houses. Why the concern? It isn't something that I even consider when buying a pin. Like any purchase.......if the guy looks dodgy, and the price is crazy low, then walk away.

Why the concern?

I read that it happened to someone else on here and it made me think. When I get into the situation that I can afford a pinball I'd be devastated to have this happen to me.

Buying from other members should be safe as houses.

That's what I was thinking.

Fair concern nowadays for someone who has never bought a pinnie. It can be a challenge making that first step. As already stated, buying from a member or sponsor is pretty safe, and if your unsure you can always ask here or even find a local member to look at it with you.

My first pin I bought from Melbourne was eyeballed by some Adelaide members on a roadtrip for me :)

He maybe thinking of that workshop break-in in SA. To my understanding the thief was caught & machines recovered. One pin was defaced & painted black, a dead give away that something was wrong. Anyway with the huge AA membership, no machine would stay stolen for long. Sooner or later that machine will need repair or parts & it's location would soon be known.