Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Theatre of Magic Reset

Cooked71

Question

Hi,

I have searched everywhere for this Theatre of Magic reset problem, but was hoping someone had the same specific problem and fixed it - or could be a bit more specific than all the other info I found.

I know the reset issue is common with WPC machines of this age, but they all seem to relate to both flippers being pressed together

About 1 in 5 games on my TOM completely resets ONLY when the Hocus Pokus side lane magnets are activated (Ie when they actually grab the ball). They activate, grab the ball and after about 2 seconds the whole machine resets.

So far I have swapped the Driver board with a working TZ, but makes no difference.

Any ideas about where I should be looking would be great.

Thanks

7 answers to this question

I'd still focus on the watchdog 5v circuit as it seems very like the normal wpc issue as you say.

Can you ever get it loading up other voltage demands?

Should have also pointed out Im a noob....what do you mean by loading up other voltage demands? Does it reset with other magnets for example?

With the watchdog circuit - Ive already replaced the driver board with a known working one (though it works on another machine - TZ). Is the watchdog circuit only on the driver board or should I look elsewhere?

Sorry typing on phone is shittt. I meant to say, can you get it to reset with any other cbination of features, like hit the flippers repeatedly and then the pop bumbers?

You could try reseating connectors but if it's the 5v section of your power board you will need it fixed sooner or Later

Sorry typing on phone is shittt. I meant to say, can you get it to reset with any other cbination of features, like hit the flippers repeatedly and then the pop bumbers?

You could try reseating connectors but if it's the 5v section of your power board you will need it fixed sooner or Later

Seems to only reset with the hocus pocus magnet. Have tested with trunk magnet plus flippers. I'll try some other bumpers and the large ring magnet.

If it's the 5v, then that would mean both my TZ and TOM boards are faulty because it's happening on both when I put them in the TOM. Could be the case, but I've never had a problem when the TZ board is in the TZ machine.

I would start by reseating the cables in the backbox. They can come loose. All my issues with games resetting have been caused by loose cables.

+1 but also look at the connectors and pins on the board. I had a similar problem my my tom and it was a connector that had burn marks. It was on the right hand vertical connector I think J102 or there about. If there is any burning the connector and/or pins need replacing