IGNORED

Australian Pinball Expo 2014 - discussion and ideas

Sounds like a good deal to have free admission with a Pinball machine. I'm thinking of bringing my 'Revenge From Mars' machine. Will keep an eye out for details when the Website is live. Can't wait till Nov. 2014... Many thanks! Edited by furballx

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good deal to have free admission with a Pinball machine. I'm thinking of bringing my 'Revenge From Mars' machine. Will keep an eye out for details when the Website is live. Can't wait till Nov. 2014... Many thanks!

Full details will be revealed in January.

The ability to bring a machine will probably end up pretty limited, now that we've done the layout for the space we have, there actually isn't a huge amount of room left over if we get full vendor uptake. Things may change though and I'll be keeping everyone updated here on AA.

• 3 weeks later...

Defiantly in for this should be great. I think you will end up with a huge crowd once the news gets out to the general public.

One thing tho would love a suburb or location details so I can start looking at accomidation. I noticed this might fall on v8 supercars weekend too.

@vanhos

Info will be released on the web Friday week (all things going to plan).

I wouldn't worry too much about missing out on rooms, the general public is going to take a while to find out about it. Its not like people just think to themselves 'I wonder if a pinball expo is on this weekend? - lets google that' :)

Marketing probably won't start (other than the web) until June/July, so there is plenty of time. Enthusiasts are going to be only ones in the know at least initially.

The thing that is much more likely to sell out early is the lock-ins. Its probably going to be limited to 250-300 people which sounds like a lot, but by the time you factor in 180+ of our games, plus hopefully another 50 or so games from vendors and possibly enthusiasts, the ratio be good.

I was just digging for photos to put on the expo website and stumbled across this shot that Ando77 took again:

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac176/Ando77/The%20Barn%202012-%20bulk/200520127427.jpg

Too funny :)

edit ... for anyone who wasn't at The Barn, this is how he got this way:

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac176/Ando77/The%20Barn%202012-%20bulk/200520127415.jpg

Best, shot, ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...