Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aussie Arcade Container Co-op #3 - COMPLETED QUEST

THIS CONTAINER SHIPPED 14/6/2013 and LANDED in JULY

It is of course CLOSED FOR ANY FURTHER BUYING OR INTEREST, thank you

CONTAINER PURPOSE : The purpose of the Aussie Arcade Container #3 ('I Missed Out') project is to deliver original, dedicated arcade cabinet games seldom found in Australia, from an American supplier, by container load, throughout Australia on a user-shares-cost, per berth basis.

Following are the approved AA Container #3 (I Missed Out!) - RULES OF BUYING:

•Participation Rules, berth costs etc ....

1. None of the following rules that relate to this Container initiative are negotiable. The AA committee members have spent 6 months gathering all this new information, and learning from the last one. These rules are also pre-approved and agreed by the site's owner - and so any discussion is, at this point, unwanted.

2. Participants in this container will be limited to those approved by the AA Container Committee.

- First off the rank will be those approved buyers who missed out on Container #2 (Coolspot).

- Next up will be participants who form the group that were contacted last year in regards to this container from a previous thread (see the list below).

- Last would be active AA forum members who are known to the committee, but don't fall into the first 2 groups.

Absolutely no-one will be allowed to participate in this Container that is not an active member of AA with some history (ie. we will not consider anyone joining AA simply to gain a berth in this container). This is at the committee's absolute discretion and frankly, we won't be entering into any arguments about it.

3. Participation is by $100 deposit to the Vendor, John Yates of VintageVideogames in Mclean, Illinois once the committee has given you and John Yates, the go-ahead.

John will hold your deposit to go through his cabs, check condition and prepare them for sale to you.

That $100 will be fully apportioned against any purchase with him you make. If no purchase is made, that $100 will be refunded.

4. The buying and the sale of cabs to you is always between John Yates, and yourself, and will be outside the auspices of the AA Container Committee.

We bear no responsibility whatsoever for the actual sale. You broker the cabinet title, the price and the condition directly with John once approved to do so.

Any refund of the initial $100 deposit, and the timing of that refund, is also to be worked out between John and yourself.

Therefore, to be clear, all conditions, prices, game types, etc are to be handled between John Yates and yourself.

5. The initial buying will take place from an approved list of over 1000 games that John Yates has provided us. This will be delivered by PM or email to approved participants only, and John notified of your approved participation. Once you have that list, you are cleared to use the email address below to begin the buying process directly with John.

John may take away, or add more cabs to that list, as the buying process progresses and his stock depletes, or increases.

6. Absolutely NOTHING will be allowed on this container without the AA Committee's approval, AND John Yates go ahead, before it is purchased. Items bought and sent to John Yates from other Vendors without approval being sought first, will simply be rejected. This will be strictly controlled. So if you are after Parts to be included for example, you need to contact the AA Committee first, before buying. Else you risk these items being left behind.

NOTE that these requests and approvals are totally SEPARATE to any go-ahead you are given for the purchasing and shipping of a full cabinet from John.

7. The shipping, handling, overall logistics and on-forwarding fee from the USA exporting port, to the landing port in Australia, and then to your state depot within Australia (as we did for Container #2, we see all Container participants taking on the reasonable costs of getting cabs to their AA brothers interstate to a depot for pickup) ,including all taxes, GST, Customs Duties and possible funmigation and/or holding charges, is hereafter known collectively as the 'Berth Fee'.

8. The Berth Fee is expected to be an initial charge of AUS$500 per cabinet shipped, but will not be charged until the shipping container(s) are readied.

This is expected to cover all charges as laid out in Point 7, and is subject to refund should the total charges at the end of the project, be less than the Berth Fee initially charged. In August 2012 for Container #2 , we were able to secure a $50 refund of this amount thanks to Pelly's hard work. The aim is to do the same again this year, by importing a larger container and saving on per cab charges overall. However, our internal logisitics costs are consequently expected to be larger. So while a refund is a hopeful target, there is NO GUARANTEE of a refund from the Berth Fee charged. Indeed, it is possible the Berth Fee could be *more* than $500 once all charges are collated, and all participants should be aware and accept that before receipt of their games, an additional amount *may* be due on collection if the initial Berth Fee does not cover all costs borne by the project. This is a project risk all of you must also agree to accept, before buying is allowed.

9. No pinballs are allowed in this container. Dedicated cabinets for arcade, as supplied on John Yates buying list, only thanks.

10. Things have changed slightly in regards to buying this year, in that only Tier 2 cabs that require very little work by John Yates will be offered to AA members. This allows us to get better pricing on ready-to-go cabinets that will not hold the container shipment up. Buyers should therefore be aware that due to changed availability of Top Tier cabinets from the vendor, he will not be doing extensive works on cabinets in preparation for sale to our members in this state. You will only be offered (in the main) Tier 2 or below cabinets for sale this time.

11. You each have ONE berth only allocated at this stage. There may be more allowed at a later date, after we have better ideas on numbers. A berth equals the footprint of a standard arcade cabinet, all the way to the roof of the container. Anything you can fit in that space (including parts, if pre-approved) falls under the one berth allocation and fee.

** To Get Involved **

1. Have your pre-approval from the committee in hand (email or PM, plus the buying list from John that accompanies it) and the number assigned to it (see below).

2. Contact John Yates at the email address below, and start your dealing, using your Aussie Arcade name.

3. Secure a cabinet. Pay the amount owed to John Yates in full.

4. John will hold your cabinet and prepare it for shipping, once we give him the go-ahead.

5. Pay your Berth Fee when asked this end.

6. John is given the go-ahead and the container is shipped.

7. We wait for the container to arrive, and once landed, distribute cabs Australia-wide.

8. Be prepared to pay additional costs if needed, to take possession of cab(s) this end.

•Vendors full contact details: John Yates, VintageVideogames.com, vintagevideogames.com@gmail.com

Address : VintageVideogames.com, 108 SW Park St., McLean, IL 61754, USA.

Phone : USA 309-287-1725

Note: John is on USA time and will often take 24-72 hours to respond to emails. Sometimes longer.

Be persistent with him, but not annoying.

AA Container #3 Project Manager: candyflip

AA Container Committee Members : Arcade King (site owner), WOKA, Woody, visy, andykmv, Pelly, gottaconnect, candyflip.

Committee Contact for all discusssion in regards to selection,membership,buying etc : candyflip

Candyflip : Private Message (PM) thru Aussie Arcade messaging system only.

•List of participants and berth numbers for each, pre-approved to enter into Vendor discussions.....

- 44 names to start with, assuming a 40 foot container (or 2 x 20 footers)

- Names are SUBJECT TO CHANGE depending on buyers intentions - ie. apportioning of numbers does NOT require a purchase to take place.

Approved Ticket Number ............. AA Member Name

C#3002 ....................................... Woody

C#3004 ....................................... Candyflip

C#3008 ....................................... gottaconnect

C#3014 ....................................... Rat

C#3016 ....................................... narf_

C#3018 ....................................... carbonROD

C#3021 ....................................... general_grievous

C#3022 ....................................... wweumina

C#3025 ....................................... Hoopstar

C#3027 ....................................... Left jump left 1P

C#3029 ....................................... Pash

C#3031 ....................................... Pseudonymous

C#3032 ....................................... SpudJones

C#3033 ....................................... OLDS2010

C#3034 ....................................... ditch

C#3038 ....................................... prostkxy

*NEW* Additional Waiting List Members by name - are now free to go ahead and BUY (27/3/13):

WL#3 ................................... casperthefriendly

WL#4 ................................... bwodie

WL#5 ................................... Gitch

*OPT OUTS, UNCLEAR, UNLIKELY or NO CONTACT*

C#3001 ....................................... Coolspot
- no contact as at 2/5/2013

C#3006 ....................................... Arcade King

C#3007 ....................................... Pelly

C#3009 ....................................... andykmv

WL#2 ......................................... Jason_roberts13
(opted out - 23/4/2013)

C#3003 ....................................... WOKA
(opted out - 15/4/2013)

C#3005 ....................................... visy
(opted out - 2/4/2013)

C#3010 ....................................... homepin
(opted out - 30/4/2013)

C#3011 ....................................... necroscope
(opted out - 14/3/2013)

C#3012 ....................................... DKong
(opted out - 21/3/2013)

C#3013 ....................................... BrissyGuy
(opted out - 15/3/2013)

C#3015 ....................................... Player 1
(opted out - 19/3/2013)

C#3017 ....................................... radirgyman
(opted out - 10/5/2013)

C#3019 ....................................... jardine
(opted out - 17/4/2013)

C#3020 ....................................... knight76
(opted out - 14/3/2013)

C#3023 ....................................... gameroom
(opted out - 30/4/2013)

C#3024 ....................................... dezbaz
(opted out - 14/3/2013)

C#3026 ....................................... KellyNUTS
(opted out - 14/3/2013)

C#3028 ....................................... Jammasized
(opted out - 23/4/2013)

C#3030 ....................................... dracer (
PLEASE
clear your PM Inbox - it is full)

C#3035 ....................................... daics3522
(opted out - 10/4/2013)

C#3036 ....................................... geese

C#3037 ....................................... BallyKiss

C#3039 ....................................... andyandy
(opted out - 18/3/2013)

C#3040 ....................................... LiveToRide
(opted out - 15/3/2013)

C#3041 ....................................... Surfer Pinball

C#3043 ....................................... mamejay

C#3042 ....................................... BullClip
(opted out - 30/3/2013)

C#3044 ....................................... fringert
(opted out - 30/4/2013)

WL#1 ................................... OOO

•Project timeline and cutoff date and estimated shipping time..... Buying starts today, Thursday 14th March, 2013

1st Berth Buying ended 30th April 2013.

2nd Berth Buying started 2nd May 2013 and will continue until numbers for a 1st container are near complete.

THIS CONTAINER SHIPPED 14/6/2013 and is of course CLOSED FOR ANY FURTHER BUYING OR INTEREST.

If you are new to all of this, and have a spare few hours, take a look through the following threads to get an understanding of what we are doing here:

Co-Op Container Discussion Thread

Container Details

Container Initial Discussion

Edited by candyflip

I'm still in - depending on total cost - have contacted John with my prefs.

That stock list is just so :sm1:

farrrrk me how do you choose when almost all your dream cabs are in the one list :cool:

farrrrk me how do you choose when almost all your dream cabs are in the one list :cool:

I suggest: by price. :laugh:

John has responded to my initial email in lightning time & is putting together a cab cost & condition report for me already...

Excellent - feel free to keep us updated here, as John won't be updating me except for actual sales.

Glad to hear he is giving you appropriate service.

Confirmed buys will be updated in the first post of this thread, as we go.

well atm im still in. ive looked in the list and narrowed it down to a few cabinets and sent a enquiry

all depends for me the total cost factor atm of a cabinet plus the berth fee

Same story here .. Have contacted John re a few cabs but need to weigh up total costs and make a decision asap.

There is really only one cab I want, Baby-pac. He has 2 but not in the best condition.

Here is what I have to offer regarding Baby Pac Man. First, I have one that is rough as a cob, but I believe complete. It is probably restorable, but the cabinet and playfield are both worn and damaged. I would sell this one for $495 as-is.

Second, I have one that is much nicer. The cabinet is solid and very few flaws. The playfield is still somewhat worn, but over all the game looks much nicer. I was told when I bought it that it worked. I don't really believe that, but it is encouraging that it's close enough that the previous owner thought it worked. I've never plugged in either of these. This one I would sell for $1250 as-is.

I can restore the cabinet, but I have no idea on repairing or restoring the playfield.

Waiting for photos.

I been going thru the list and its a tough choice too

Ive asked about a dk but they are tier 3 so going to look thru the previous container posts and suss some reviews from previous buyers

makes it just under 2k landed atm

I can restore the cabinet, but I have no idea on repairing or restoring the playfield.

There's a page somewhere on the interweb that explains the complete process someone went through to restore one of these to complete working glory.

Not sure where, but it's out there as I read the whole thing. Guy was a bit of a whiz. Someone else might know.

I think a few of the guys did. The beauty of the t3 was guaranteed working 100% and in very good overall condition.

IMHO the best bang for buck is the t2 games, complete and working, just "might" need dome prettying up.

I bought a nice T1 digdug last time, and in all honesty I couldn't see the extra value in the t3 .

I suggest: by price. :laugh:

...and then what if they're similarly priced ;)

Basically I am interested in:

Berzerk

Space Wars (I already own one, but keeping another one for parts would be good)

Asteroids Deluxe Upright

Sprint 2

Sprint 2 would take up more than one standard cab space though so I guess it's a dodgy ask ??

For those that are interested, i bought a tier 3 cab off John last time, and I'll be getting another one this time. My cab was basically flawless, and looked brand new when i got it, and still does. He did a great job with it, and though it was a bit more than others paid, i was happy to pay the extra price to have a cab that was 100 % in performance and looks.

If it helps i have 2 40 foot containers next to my house atm so can get a height assesment for anyone curious

candyflip there is some random stuff like gumball machines ect on johns list does that mean they apply or not out of curiousity

If it helps i have 2 40 foot containers next to my house atm so can get a height assesment for anyone curious

candyflip there is some random stuff like gumball machines ect on johns list does that mean they apply or not out of curiousity

The idea, to be clear, is to not stand on the toes of Aussie Arcade sponsores and 'cut their lunch', so to speak.

In that spirit, ordering pinballs in this container would be seen to be a conflict of interest, with their's.

Examples:

* Baby Pacman is so rare, and a hybrid pinball/arcade, that it passes the fairness test.

* Pachinkos are also rare, and are not imported by anyone else.

* Parts are hard to find sometimes for dedicated cabs, and so along with a full cab from John, should be OK IF APPROVED FIRST by the Committee.

* Gumball machines *should* be OK, but would only be allowed as an adjunct in the same berth space as a full cab (unless you really want to pay $500 to ship a gumball over by itself) ;) Again, I would need to get the full nod from the Committee on that, but at first blush, seems alright.