IGNORED

Channel 10 "Pinball making a comeback" story?!

FLEX

Just overheard Brad McEwan from Channel 10 Sydney sports desk make a comment about a story he did. He mentioned something about "Pinball making a comeback", I glanced around to see what he was talking about and there was footage of him playing a machine in amongst a row of machines. I didn't recognise the machine he was playing but im sure it had a reference to "Heck" on the side, Ben Heck maybe? They may have been talking about stories to watch online but I cant find anything about it. It was finished in a flash. Anyone catch this?

I think it will depend on the kids coming through

All this new interest cant be a bad thing

true, my son loves it and his friends are instantly addicted but they are all 4-6 year olds... They do seem amazed by the tactile aspect to it compared to their usual computer/tablet/wii games..

I don't know if it's sustainable, wouldn't the growth mainly just be from older guys now having the money to buy home pins? I don't think there's been any change in operators now wanting pins.

True it is a different market, the home market, I still see so few sited pins, though two cinemas near me suddenly have one, the growing home market could spur an operator market, but not like before I don't think?

There are some young people into it, I'm only 25 myself and have friends into it but most people my age think it's crazy spending that much on a home pin. What annoys me with the sited pins nearest me is that they always seem to have issues that ruin the game, no wonder the operators aren't making money as the average person will play one game and get annoyed when the ball gets stuck and never player it again. Needs an image uplift for sited pinballs to get trust back in the machines. With the bbc link I posted has anyone herd of the heighway pinball makers they mention in england? They seem to have an interesting idea with the under table switches to help reliability.

• Super Moderator
There are some young people into it, I'm only 25 myself and have friends into it but most people my age think it's crazy spending that much on a home pin. What annoys me with the sited pins nearest me is that they always seem to have issues that ruin the game, no wonder the operators aren't making money as the average person will play one game and get annoyed when the ball gets stuck and never player it again. Needs an image uplift for sited pinballs to get trust back in the machines. With the bbc link I posted has anyone herd of the heighway pinball makers they mention in england? They seem to have an interesting idea with the under table switches to help reliability.

Tell the manager of the venue that the machine is in crap condition and then get the ops number from him. Call the op and tell him you have complained to the venue manager. Make sure you tell the manager that in a poor state the machine will make him less than half what it would in proper working order.

Dave