IGNORED

Would you pay 3k for a non working GNR

Kenny

I've got to stop looking in peoples sheds.

Found today a reasonable looking Guns N Roses, which has the power board and one other removed.

The owner says he would like to get it fixed and get back what he paid for it.

$3000.00

If he gets it fixed he might find out its worth a bit more?

Not knowing its problems, what is it worth.

From talking to him, it seems it was working, but not properly.

He wouldn't accept my standard on the spot $500.00 offer.

Not today, anyhow. I've got to see him about another matter soon, so maybe a seed has been planted.:D

Cheers

K

OK. Progress update.

Just had a chat with the owner. He says the game was still playing OK, just that about half of the lights were out. Can't tell me if they were GI or feature lights, but sounds more like feature lights to me.

They think the problem is with one of the boards removed, and might be an easy fix for one who knows what he is doing. True/false/hopefull??

He paid 3k for it off a mate when his business shut down, and was hoping to get 4k for it working properly, but is going to consider my upgraded 3K offer, as he could do with the cash at the moment.

Just heard he will let it go for my offer.

Who can help me with the boards?

It is the power supply and the CPU boards that are out of the machine.

Would it be best to put it all back together, and see what isn't working, like even before I pay him for it.

Cheers

K

Safest bet is to send the boards straight to Ken (Skybeaux), don't plug them in until he's tested/rebuilt them.

In the meantime you can strip the playfield and give it a good clean, by the time your getting it back together, Ken might have the boards posted back to you. In fact if you are sending two boards down, may as well send the lot if Ken can test them for a few extra $$$

Safest bet is to send the boards straight to Ken (Skybeaux), don't plug them in until he's tested/rebuilt them.

In the meantime you can strip the playfield and give it a good clean, by the time your getting it back together, Ken might have the boards posted back to you. In fact if you are sending two boards down, may as well send the lot if Ken can test them for a few extra $$$

Not sure Ken does DE boards without the machine. You can buy RD replacement for a few hundred bucks all up anyway. If the PF is in good nick. Buy it.

I would really hate to put the boards back in, in his shop, to find out there was little wrong, with him there. Not that he's a bad dude, but no need for him to know?? I should post some photos. There is a pos and neg dodgy soldered onto the power board. Top left, from dodgy memory.

Cheers

K

OK, I bought it.

Hope I don't live to regret it, but it's worse(of course) than he let on.

I have pulled all the boards and they are on the way to Beakies for a check-up.

It's not really been trashed, but just neglected. Little things to them (bigger to me) like no shooter tips, dirty as hell, some of the bumper posts, the nuts have rattled off underneath and they just wobble about in a forever enlarging hole, rubbers missing, blah, blah. It originally came from a arcade shop that was going down. I suppose they might have had the "if the kids are putting money into them, why spend anything on them" mentality. But a lot of people would have played once and walked.

Anyhow,

Full rubber kit ordered.

Needs a couple of new posts,new balls, a good clean, put the boards back in, and hopefully all will be good.

I didn't think it needed it, but if I post any photos, I'll put them in a resto thread.

Cheers

K

• 1 month later...

It lives.

Got the boards back off Andrew, what a super job he did. Even made sure the spare power board I had was good.

All the new bits and pieces, less than 3200 all up, total cost. Rubber kit, posts, balls, a couple of switches and 50 bucks worth of LED's

Actually snuck Andrew's repair bill in on an insurance claim we had going which saved about 400.

A fair assortment of lights not working, but shouldn't be much to sort from here.

I was a bit late getting home today.

Cheers

K