IGNORED

Another Tron Release

GIBO

• Super Moderator
Is this the final batch before the last final next batch.. ;)

(jokes - :rolleyes)

While the license is current and demand is high why not,looks like this run will have a different translite again

• Super Moderator
I just emailed AMD again, though only four weeks ago they said there would be no more tron...

Hope it turns out to be true and we can get a few here? :D

OH its true ,contact your favorite dealer:D for a price and availability, only 2 coming to WA at this stage

Edited by GIBO

I hate the limited numbers forced collectability bullshit marketing tactics, I would like to see them just released to suit demand, buy them play them sell them, they are NOT f%$king trading cards to store and collect with the absurd idea that someday they might be worth more. The more you play them the better value they are, if they are good pinballs they will have good resale value no matter how many of them are released.

I hate the limited numbers forced collectability bullshit marketing tactics, I would like to see them just released to suit demand, buy them play them sell them, they are NOT f%$king trading cards to store and collect with the absurd idea that someday they might be worth more. The more you play them the better value they are, if they are good pinballs they will have good resale value no matter how many of them are released.

Amen brother.

Hallelujah!

I mean yep i agree :D. I have a Tron and i don't mind that more are coming.

Spread the word people. its the 2nd, no wait.....the 4th coming!

Another Tron Release

I agree pinballs never been about making money that's just not me the more the merrier bring it on its a great game so it's in demand so make more, great for pinball.

Peter

how many late model Sterns have had a re-run except TSPP, gotta love Tron.

No doubt the first editions will be sough after... or will they:unsure

I guess it depends on what you call a re-run? I.E. more than 50, more than 100? Then were there major changes to the design of the machine between runs?

Both SM and LOTR got reruns later on. I'm fairly certain POTC did too? TSPP got the "lollipop" style siderails to protect the cab artwork for all later runs and SM got webbed style siderails for one run.

Stern's production line is set up so that can do a short run (<50 machines) for their "800 pound gorilla" customers (Betson Amusements in the US for example) as demand dictates without major disruption. Most of the smaller distribs around the globe (including Aus) then "piggyback" off that mini production run and get an order in off that (and that gets the numbers up to make it more viable).

I guess in this climate they can't really afford to adopt the Williams philosophy of one run and that is it for that title (regardless of later demand).

EDIT: I'm almost certain I remember reading about a very short run (25 odd machines) of Rolling Stones for one of their customers (probably Betson) being done last year as well.

If a make a purchase of 9k then it is usually based on the fact that if I sell I will recoup most of my money back. I agree, buy because you like and enjoy a game.

I purchased an ACDC LE, same game as the premium, more expensive but I have the comfort in knowing that if I sell today then I wont suffer a huge loss if any. Just my way of thinking when making a purchase. I have had up to 50 pins in my collection and yes they have been like trading cards as I constantly move titles. If a made a loss of 2k per machine then thats a lot of money.

My point is, would Cactus canyons,medievals,big bang bars etc be worth 10k+ if they kept releasing more units? I would be pissed if I owned these titles and discovered more units were to be made. Great,make more pins but dont tell the public that this is the last run if you cant keep your promise.

If a make a purchase of 9k then it is usually based on the fact that if I sell I will recoup most of my money back. I agree, buy because you like and enjoy a game.

I purchased an ACDC LE, same game as the premium, more expensive but I have the comfort in knowing that if I sell today then I wont suffer a huge loss if any. Just my way of thinking when making a purchase. I have had up to 50 pins in my collection and yes they have been like trading cards as I constantly move titles. If a made a loss of 2k per machine then thats a lot of money.

My point is, would Cactus canyons,medievals,big bang bars etc be worth 10k+ if they kept releasing more units? I would be pissed if I owned these titles and discovered more units were to be made. Great,make more pins but dont tell the public that this is the last run if you cant keep your promise.

Valid point but whats wrong with say 500 numbered LEs and as many premiums as sell?

Another Tron Release

If I buy something and its limited but them gets re made I would be PISSED!!! big time, you pay more for the stability in re sale price (being limited). remake standard machines all you like...

Apart from the 1st run LE's have they made another LTD Tron?

Peter