Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Springfree Trampolines

robm

Am looking at these for our young bloke, plus as potentially some exercise/fun for us big kids as well. My parents are very concerned about their grandkid's safety and suggested the springree ones http://www.springfreetrampoline.com.au

I must admit they look pretty awesome, plus some good fun and very safe.

Does anyone have one or used one - i've read they may not have quite the bounce of sprung trampolines.

Also what size do you have/or have used? Or do you have a suggestion for size?

They are quite expensive, but when you compare them to similar trampolines - eg: Olympic Size and quality, they are cheaper than them, with the extra safety

Thanks

Rob

I to looked at one of these. Great trampolines in my book. Seemed ok with the bounce factor to me? However, due to cost we went another style. Most these days will have the springs on the outside and the net inside so pretty hard to hurt yourself on them. Look up Vuly Trampolines, very happy with this style and design. So far one year down the track and beautiful, no problems and no maintenance.

I bought one of these. We initially got the 8ft only to find it to small, upgraded to 12ft after about 3weeks lol. Bloody kids and wife, gimme a headache.

Don't molly coddle him too much Rob...........................kids need to explore and get hurt, cut themselves, get stung by wasps, fall off a pushbike, put a knife in a toaster (OK - maybe not that one, hahaha) etc etc.....you are young enough to remember all of that I'm sure.....

Have had one for four years sitting in the same spot of the yard in the weather.

Great piece of kit.

I have the small round one because we have a small grassed area off from the swimming pool and that is the only one that fit.

Expensive at first but it is used alot by all the kids that come around and is a bit of party centre fro the kids (mine are 8 and 6).

The plastic covering on the rods have flaked off over the years but this does not affect the performance.

Well worth the money in my view because the quality it good and has a very heavy base so it is stable.

Don't molly coddle him too much Rob...........................kids need to explore and get hurt, cut themselves, get stung by wasps, fall off a pushbike, put a knife in a toaster (OK - maybe not that one, hahaha) etc etc.....you are young enough to remember all of that I'm sure.....

Yeah, i appreciate that point of view and am of a similar opinion. The other information that i didn't add was that the Grandparents want to use their Frequent Flyer points to purchase the bulk of it for him for Christmas (hmmm wonder if they do deals with AMD for pinnies for frequent flyers.....).

At the age he is now (2), plus with another due in June, having a real safety net (ie: not the flimsy ones that don't stop anything more than 500 grams) is very attractive as it means Mum can do a bit and just have casual glances in the direction of the trampoline rather than having to be right there as we have to at his current stage.

Yeah, i appreciate that point of view and am of a similar opinion. The other information that i didn't add was that the Grandparents want to use their Frequent Flyer points to purchase the bulk of it for him for Christmas (hmmm wonder if they do deals with AMD for pinnies for frequent flyers.....).

At the age he is now (2), plus with another due in June, having a real safety net (ie: not the flimsy ones that don't stop anything more than 500 grams) is very attractive as it means Mum can do a bit and just have casual glances in the direction of the trampoline rather than having to be right there as we have to at his current stage.

The other good bit is you can put them in there and zip it up and they can't get out!

I'd buy a small cheapy one first. Ours lasted 3 years from big w, now our oldest is 6 we will get a Springfree. But man they are exxy....

we had one, id prefer the springed unit, the springs are covered anyway. be prepared to keep up maintenance on any tramp these days as they dont last long if not looked after.

What specific maintenance do you need to do? I've just bought a regular one for Miss 3 for Xmas, but not opened the pack yet.

Well we found someone local with the jumbo sized one (4m x 4m) that was 4 years old. Sitting out in the Townsville full sun for all that time and it looked to be in excellent condition. No obvious deterioration of the net, mat was still fine and no rust.

The size was absolutely awesome. The bounce is probably a bit softer than a sprung trampoline which seemed a bit different, but probably better in my opinion, i managed to jump pretty high - enough that i probably could have cleared the top of the net if i tried really hard, so i don't reckon they need to be any 'bouncier'.

they look ugly as ****, imagine that behemoth in your backyard. What about an inground metal spring? We had a full a full size one and it lasted over at least my whole childhood, and probably 10 or 20 years before we bought the house. It only deteriorated when i was about 18 when we decided to spray paint it, and the spray paint ate away at it.

Dont buy that helicopter parent Kmart bull****, buy a real trampoline. Yeah i got an injury once on it, but at least i didnt grow up to be a soft pink marshmallow, like the next generation will be.

In ground ones are awesome in the right spot, but in clay soil where we get around 2 metres of rain per year its not going to happen...it would turn into a cesspit. Our 2 acres regularly gets 100mm of water sitting for days at a time when it rains hard, so it would deteriorate pretty quickly (unless we got serious earthworks done and built a huge mound)

and you have 2 acres, so it wont be clogging up your backyard. fair call then. The guy i work with bought one of those trampolines but due to its size it didnt look nice in his backyard, he sold it on ebay, then notcied in the same week the lady who bought it resold it due to its size.

• Super Moderator
Have had one for four years sitting in the same spot of the yard in the weather.

Great piece of kit.

I have the small round one because we have a small grassed area off from the swimming pool and that is the only one that fit.

Expensive at first but it is used alot by all the kids that come around and is a bit of party centre fro the kids (mine are 8 and 6).

The plastic covering on the rods have flaked off over the years but this does not affect the performance.

Well worth the money in my view because the quality it good and has a very heavy base so it is stable.

+1 to this post

had one for 4 years trouble free. only criticism is the fibreglass rod covers flake off from UV exposure. not a problem until a kid grabs the pole (from the outside) and gets a handful of fibreglass splinters. done it myself. ouch.

they might have put better rod covers on by now...

and whatever you ****ing do, don't put it up by yourself xmas eve!!

Got one sitting outside (oval shape) ready to set up a few days before Chrissy, Friends of ours have had one for years and have always been really happy with it.

A net curtain in front of my amazingly not-maintained garden beds is not really a deal breaker and the first kid to complain about the bounce gets told to piss off, get a job and buy their own :).