Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

A new gamesroom is being birthed.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd probably go real to begin with. I love VP's and have played one at Raysco's place, really fun. However, nothing can match that feel and sound of a genuine pin. I love the EM ones, all the chimes, thuds and thumps. 60s era artwork really floats my boat and some of those old EMs are just works of art in my opinion. I reckon my first pin will be a later model EM, or an early model SS. Still, that's a year or so down the track :) Need to get the cash first.

• 3 months later...

Looking good mate

Sorry I couldn't make it this weekend because of kid duty.

I'll try and get over there soon.

I see you insulated the walls.

If it gets hot in summer, let me know.

I have a couple of second hand split Air conditioners. We could fit one in somewhere for a bit of cooling.

I am just upgrading my shed AC to a 7kw inverter that I acquired on a job.

I wish my shed was that tidy :)

Dave

Walls and ceiling insulated. Thought about air con, but probably not worth it for such a small space and when I don't spend too much time out there during the heat of the day.

Yeah man, just let me know when you are free and you're welcome to drop around. Got the Final Lap R all back up and running with the new chassis, looks top notch.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Bit of an update. Been a while, added more stuff, might be time for a mini-meet sometime soon.

Gallery link here. http://imgur.com/GCdoA0P,ihbY59H,3LBKI4M,afKxgsM,UMbV4Tm

Along one wall (first image in the gallery) I have the four arcade machines. The Atomiswave is running a Street Fighter II World Warrior PCB. The Namco Exceleena is running vertical GroovyMAME for Japanese SHMUPS. The LAI upright is running horizontal GroovyMAME and the generic 29 inch lowboy at the end is running a Neo Geo board with a 161-in-1.

Along the other wall, I have storage for console games + a Tempest cabaret cabinet and a replica Defender cabinet with a 9-in-1 board set to boot directly into Defender.

At one end, I have the console and CRT TVs setup for multiplayer console action.

At the other end, in front of the door, I have the Whirlwind pin I just bought and a Model 2 emulator driving cabinet.

Lastly, in the centre of the room I have a Nintendo Space Fever cocktail cabinet running the SF-Hisplitter variant of the game. Like Spacies, but if you don't hit the aliens dead centre, they split into two smaller aliens.

I am officially out of room in my single car garage!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

So, it's been a while, and a whole lot has changed. I thought I would make a short video. The games room has reached capacity. When I started this thread, three years ago, many people commented that I would fill it too fast. Well, it's taken me three years :) Maybe not fast, but with my limited funds, it's worked out well enough. Nowehere to go now, unless I sell something and move other stuff in.

This is what it looks like filled to capacity for games night. This photo was taken a few months back, so not exactly how it looks now.

P1000701.thumb.jpg.74aa3516aa6ab6acbe79071f1adc2ce1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Been a year since I updated this thread and damn, the garage has come a long way. I am at 100% capacity now and have shuffled the room more times than I can count to be able to fit in what I have. It's now at a point where I either have to lift the house and build a proper games room, or stop buying gaming crap! :)

P1020487.thumb.jpg.444ef1c84b008958fa89b09f6c4d9149.jpgP1020493.thumb.jpg.62dd45ca81cb668a4ab37b1263e25189.jpgP1020495.thumb.jpg.96cb864efd9cba473ad0801305da0085.jpgP1020498.thumb.jpg.80baf5862729c428844f5f7580c917f9.jpgP1020499.thumb.jpg.1ff9070f9f0893bbeef85526dba2b5b3.jpgP1020510.thumb.jpg.7294ae010895a3a50db70616821bceac.jpg

• Like 1