Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Nucore project suspended

humpalot

Are we now talking about 2 stroke cars that sound like chooks..

Bunch of Wankel's.

Something that isn't well understood is that a Wankel rotary IS a 4 stroke engine NOT a 2 stroke - it completes the Suck,squeeze,bang,blow EXACTLY the same as your Falcon engine....

Good luck - buy up my friend................

JJP system run on LInux and isnt locked into any branded motherboard or CPU, this makes it a far safer than P2k and virtually future proofed. The changable MB communicates to the solid state drive that contains all the essential drives and game code. This information as quoted on the Pinball News website. Good idea to research before making up disaster scenarios.

JJP system run on LInux and isnt locked into any branded motherboard or CPU, this makes it a far safer than P2k and virtually future proofed. The changable MB communicates to the solid state drive that contains all the essential drives and game code. This information as quoted on the Pinball News website. Good idea to research before making up disaster scenarios.

All of this is still a VERY long way from an owner being able to unplug a board and replace it as you can with an embedded system - it won't work long term - simple as that - no disaster scenarios to make up.....JJP etc are doing that all by themselves - come back and read my posts in a few years........

All of this is still a VERY long way from an owner being able to unplug a board and replace it as you can with an embedded system - it won't work long term - simple as that - no disaster scenarios to make up.....JJP etc are doing that all by themselves - come back and read my posts in a few years........

Isn't as easy as fixing a PC? which.. is um easy for some. Not as easy as unplugging and plugging a dedicated board no but way more powerful and upgradable.

what am i missing?

Isn't as easy as fixing a PC? which.. is um easy for some. Not as easy as unplugging and plugging a dedicated board no but way more powerful and upgradable.

what am i missing?

Simple - go and ask almost ANY Pin2000 owner who has had a motherboard problem and your answer is right there. PCs are NOT made for runing dedicated machines - embedded systems are.

• 8 months later...
Could also be that there would be a fee paid per unit to the rights holder.. might have all just came down to $$$$ and had nothing to do with the rights holder..

Internal differences perhaps..

Interesting continued drama on this was the release of pinbox, which of course is pirated and now the nucore guys response was basically, 'we were just about to re-release nucore but now this pirated version came out that anyone can install (with linux experience) on almost any hardware, we are going to hold off the re-release to try and sue the guy who released it (for free), sorry guys'...

Very suspicious to me, if your lack of a legal sales outlet is driving piracy why hold off release more using the excuse you found out that the market found a way around you not selling? makes no sense to me, if they released it again it mitigates many peoples need to use piracy (being the only option they currently have)..

It is like the post I saw from, a decal rights holder re some decals that were released elsewhere without the seller holding the rights, which went something like "well you guys are buying pirated decals for a machine we didn't release decals for, but hold the rights for, well now you have done that, stuff you, we are not going to release them for that machine".. just childish, what do they expect when there is no avenue to buy from the rights holder?