Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

First Album you ever bought?

Taverner

• Administrators

Ahhhh Wotto, Wotto, Wotto. You only THINK your first album lacked "cred". The first album I bought from saved and collected birthday and Christmas money as an 8 year old was The Deltones "Greatest Hits" in about 1976 or so. To this day I still like good harmony or a genuinely good singing voice which probably explains my sick affection for Simon and Garfunkel, Gene Pitney and Marty Robins. I would hasten to add that I was fortunate to have a sister 11 years older who owned seminal pieces of hard rock history such as Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Slade etc. so I had plenty of credible stuff to listen to without paying for it.

The first records I bought with actual wages (Woolworths weekend and Thursday night job) in about 1984 were The Angels "Face To Face" & "Darkroom" and Twisted Sister "Stay Hungry", followed closely but the back catalog of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

Actually, come to think of it Wotto, your first record blows way worse than mine! :p

OH, I also conned my sister into buying me "Full Boar" in about 1980 just so I could get Player One "Space Invaders" Does that help redeem me?

Dave

Ahhhh Wotto, Wotto, Wotto. You only THINK your first album lacked "cred". The first album I bought from saved and collected birthday and Christmas money as an 8 year old was The Deltones "Greatest Hits" in about 1976 or so. To this day I still like good harmony or a genuinely good singing voice which probably explains my sick affection for Simon and Garfunkel, Gene Pitney and Marty Robins. I would hasten to add that I was fortunate to have a sister 11 years older who owned seminal pieces of hard rock history such as Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Slade etc. so I had plenty of credible stuff to listen to without paying for it.

The first records I bought with actual wages (Woolworths weekend and Thursday night job) in about 1984 were The Angels "Face To Face" & "Darkroom" and Twisted Sister "Stay Hungry", followed closely but the back catalog of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

Actually, come to think of it Wotto, your first record blows way worse than mine! :p

OH, I also conned my sister into buying me "Full Boar" in about 1980 just so I could get Player One "Space Invaders" Does that help redeem me?

Dave

lol, holy shit Dave,

we had full boar too, lol

it was a Blacktown icon , lol

yes the Angels best 2 albums were in the mix as well !

along with some Rose Tattoo, AC/DC and INXS

ahh yes , good times !

Thats a tough one. The first album I remember owning was ac/dc blow up your video. I stole it from my sister and pretended I didnt know where it was.

First album I bought myself probably Angels album.

-------------------------------------------

Sent from mobile phone - All errors are the mobiles fault.

With all the hard rock and heavy metal albums I've bought, played and owned a few years ago I came to the realisation that the following had occurred.

Firsts of each media type purchased with my own money:

Tape - Michael Jackson - Thriller

Vinyl - Michael Jackson - Bad

CD - Michael Jackson - Dangerous

:unsure

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42361[/ATTACH]

I wont say any more than just that picture.

Christ! I think my parents bought that for us once, I remember the blue vinyl. My sister and I had taken to going to Sunday school with the neighbour. We didn't care about the religious aspect of it, we used to go to **** around :D

Parents thought it was weird (they weren't religious) but thought we might like the record.

One, two, three. Jesus loves me :)