Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

50 million x lotto winner.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy heaps of property in different locations, be a complete arsehole for the rest of my life writing letters

to the newspaper and complain on public forums winging why people never do the right thing.:p

$5m - Play money

Buy a new house (with huge yard)

Build huge games room. Would need to be at least 12 x 24 metres. Have a toilet, shower, couple of beds in separate area. Have a workshop separated from the main floor of the games room.

Buy a selection of pins, vids, trinkets.

New cars for me and the wife.

Spend a bit on family members.

Bank the rest.

$45m - get good financial advice before doing a thing with it.

Buy Julia Gillard some hair dye, That red hair shits me more than she does.

Pay the rego on Baz's car, set up a safe way to transfer money and call it Pal Pay.

:lol

Ok maybe I would need to take a week before it all soaked in and I made unwise decisions :)

50 million is a hell of a lot of money. We're talking generational wealth now.

I wouldn't tell a sole. Your kids would go missing next time they went to the shops.

There was a guy who lived near me that BRW valued at 750 million many moons ago - he blew up his cash in a couple of property deals gone wrong, last I heard he's bankrupt. 50 million is not as much money as you might think, don't get me wrong, it's a lot of money, but you can easily blow it over a year or two.

Heard about this a few years ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Carroll_%28lottery_winner%29

A former binman, Carroll won ?9.7 million[1] (then US$15.4m) on the National Lottery in November 2002, aged 19. He enjoyed a celebrity status for a time in the British media as the self-proclaimed 'King of Chavs', a phrase that he emblazoned on his black Mercedes van. He spent his multi-million fortune on illegal drugs, gambling, and prostitutes over the next few years before declaring bankruptcy and returning to the ?42 a week in jobseeker's allowance he had been claiming before.[2] He has since made two suicide attempts.

Interesting read..... And then this:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/curse-lottery-winners/story?id=2941589#.UB1JR6A358c

Kenneth and Connie Parker were winners of a $25 million jackpot. Their 16-year marriage disintegrated just months after they became rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Jeffrey Dampier, a $20 million winner, was kidnapped and murdered by his own sister-in-law.

Heard about this a few years ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Carroll_%28lottery_winner%29

A former binman, Carroll won ?9.7 million[1] (then US$15.4m) on the National Lottery in November 2002, aged 19. He enjoyed a celebrity status for a time in the British media as the self-proclaimed 'King of Chavs', a phrase that he emblazoned on his black Mercedes van. He spent his multi-million fortune on illegal drugs, gambling, and prostitutes over the next few years before declaring bankruptcy and returning to the ?42 a week in jobseeker's allowance he had been claiming before.[2] He has since made two suicide attempts.

Interesting read..... And then this:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/curse-lottery-winners/story?id=2941589#.UB1JR6A358c

Kenneth and Connie Parker were winners of a $25 million jackpot. Their 16-year marriage disintegrated just months after they became rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Jeffrey Dampier, a $20 million winner, was kidnapped and murdered by his own sister-in-law.

Despite the obvious perils of becoming an instant multi-millionaire I am still willing to risk it :D

A guy I knew in Cairns won about 3 mill - 10 years ago. He bought a new Range Rover, a huge flash house, lots of jet powered radio controlled planes and basically spent like he was a millionaire (which he was, but not for long).

The thing that he didn't realise is that he didn't have the huge income you need to keep paying the upkeep, rates, insurance etc etc on all of these things and so the money dwindled away and after 2 years he was back installing airconditioners for Hardly Normal.…......wife gone, living in a rented house.

Money is not what it is cracked up to be.

pay off my current house/car loans etc

build my dream shed and kit it out with all my dream tools like CNC lathe, router, miller, laser cutter

build my own motorcycle from the ground up with technology im gunna steal from other manufacturers, i have spent lots of time looking at different manufactureres and i know what good bits i want to steal from the best anbd shove all in to one motorcycle

FIANLLY upgrade my pc, its about 10 years old now and i keep replacing hard drives and power supplies every few years, but still the same mainboard and same processor, just a Pentium 4 3 Ghz HT chip from about 10 - 12 years ago

FINALLY buy a digital pinball machine

dunno if i would buy any flash cars, i would love to own a Lotus Elise, the supercharged one would be nice, and a 1974 corvette stingray. that would do me for fancy cars.

mmmmmmmm.... motorcycles, would like a ducatti 916 in full race colours, and say a Triumph Sprint ST fully decked out with electronic cruise control and maybe a BMW GS1100 or similar for adventure riding

finally take a decent bloody holiday with my wife and kids for the first time in too bloody long

invest the vast majority of it so i didnt have to goto work for the rest of my life and drop my kids to school and spend the days working my projects and riding motorcycles and enjoying life stress free.

I like the idea of investing 45 mil and spend the rest .

1. Pay off all debts

2. Quit my job

3. Travel the world until we got sick of it

4. Buy a place somewhere exotic (eg Bora Bora etc) and live there a few months of the year

5. Buy a place somewhere on the Amalfi Coast and live there a few months of the year

- - - Updated - - -

There was a guy who lived near me that BRW valued at 750 million many moons ago - he blew up his cash in a couple of property deals gone wrong, last I heard he's bankrupt. 50 million is not as much money as you might think, don't get me wrong, it's a lot of money, but you can easily blow it over a year or two.

I'll informed dickhead

Not sure what you mean here because your grammar is off - care to explain?

Multiple choice....

A) He is about to inform "dickhead"

B) He is accusing you of being an ill informed dickhead

C) He is suggesting that the person you refer to in your post as being an ill informed dickhead.

Either way, there's a dickhead involved :o

Multiple choice....

C) He is suggesting that the person you refer to in your post as being an ill informed dickhead.

:lol - great response....

• Administrators
Multiple choice....

Dude, you really cannot be trusted can you? :lol

I am giving the poster the benefit of the doubt and suggesting c)

Dave