Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

AA Hacked

• Administrators

Nothing shits me more than people who want to destroy something for the sake of it. Top effort from you Trav, I can't believe how calm you were during this, and thanks for getting us back on line so soon.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing shits me more than people who want to destroy something for the sake of it. Top effort from you Trav, I can't believe how calm you were during this, and thanks for getting us back on line so soon.

Dave

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people have reported they can't log in. Does anybody know anyone effected?

I had an issue, but I can't be sure if it was just me forgetting my password - it's been a looooong time I have actually input it. I tried the 5 times, then reset the password. All good now.

• Administrators

Mate, I had a hassal logging in just now. Only way I could get past the login was to click a link on an email notification and do it from there.

Davew

- - - Updated - - -

Call me and I will run through it over the phone if that helps.

Some people have reported they can't log in. Does anybody know anyone effected?

Wouldn't let me log in with the Autofill of my password (Google Chrome's remember me option) - I re-typed my password and it let me in I think....

Well done Trav & Co getting the site back up so soon....... Sitting beside Theresa lying in her hospital bed sleeping this arvo on my ipad 3 on AA of course when this took place and crapped myself as i thought my iPad had been hacked......Quickly turned it off and started again on another website to discover it was just AA unfortunatley:-(

Excellent work and welcome back.....GEE what would i do without AA lol

i have only managed to log in now,been trying for past few hours. browser said it was logging me in, then browser page went white and stayed that way till i closed that page tab and tried again, and again, and again

anyhow working now, thanks guys for fixxing it up so quickly

Yep, thanks for the quick recovery AA admin.

It sucks when you have to spend extra time & effort fixing something because some worthless twat has thrown a spanner in the works, but at least it's back to business now so this hacker really didn't achieve much at all, aside from being a twat.

We've had one of our SMF forum sites hacked a few times by the same guys. They replaced index.php with a file containing "Protected by Kosova Hackers Crew". I ended up removing "FlashChat" as there were a number of reports of this containing security vulnerabilities. There was also a partial install of other forum software using Fantastico that I removed in CPanel. Haven't been hacked again since although still not entirely sure how they did it. Not even sure if it was a targeted attack or part of some automated attack using a particular back door. I just try my best to keep up with forum software updates now.