mamejay

180k, 360k or 1.2mb ?

SS or DS ?

SD or DD ?

DOS or CPM ?

dos 1,2,3.1,3.3,4.01,5.0, 6.0 0r 6.2 ?

verbatim, cheapy ?

===> kinda expecting a 'just a plain old f@$#%&**@g disk! :blink::lol:lol:lol

no seriously, i do have some somewhere. pretty sure i have some 360k new, not sure about 1.2mb though.

they are for the C64. Need DD disks but i think the HD disks will work. Just need to format them to use them in the C64

I want to use my uIEC/SD card to copy over disk images to floppys of games that are on multiple disks as the uIEC only supports single disk games.

• Super Moderator
Whatever you can get your hands on. Possible 10-20. What ever. From what i have ready they do need to be double sided double density disks to work on the C64

Double sided, double density rings a bell

I don't think I have any left

Whatever you can get your hands on. Possible 10-20. What ever. From what i have ready they do need to be double sided double density disks to work on the C64

If you can wait until we have moved house I have a couple of hundred from the good ole days. Not sure percentage DD vs HD though. I hope we haven't thrown them out.

• 4 weeks later...
they are for the C64. Need DD disks but i think the HD disks will work. Just need to format them to use them in the C64

I want to use my uIEC/SD card to copy over disk images to floppys of games that are on multiple disks as the uIEC only supports single disk games.

No Don't use HD discs. The medium requires a different type of r/w head.

What will happen is the data is only lightly written to the magnetic media.

You MAY be able to read it back immediately - But try again in a couple of months and you may have trouble reading it back.

If you try to read it back in a DIFFERENT drive - The problem would probably be even worse.

Oz.

Posted off a box yesterday, let me know if they dont show as I have a tracking number on the receipt.

Feels kinda weird as this would be the first bit of retro gear I have let go since I sold my Amiga 2000 in '97 and my 4000 in '00.... I felt so bad about letting them go that i've since replaced both of them. I still have my original C64 and 1541 from 1984.