Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Shame you missed out on that briefcase PCE CD setup, it was a good price and would be easy to fix (just need to replace a gear or MacGyver it a little with a belt).

Hey, with your region modded Mega Drive, are you able to alter the region of the MCD as well? I ask as I have a weird Asian PAL Mega Drive and when I hook this up to my Japanese NTSC Mega CD it reverts to PAL, not sure if it breaks the region locking making PAL games load though.

Re stickers on paper inserts, have never tried but I imagine steam and a lot of patience and careful/slow peeling would be your best bet. I wonder if putting a cloth over it and ironing it on a gentle heat would help loosen the sticker goo?

Man i hate video store stickers! Especially the security stickers when they are placed on the cartridge right over the label! !!!

I hate stickers of any kind too, especially on cardboard boxed games such as the SNES etc. GameTraders still stick their big, yellow, monkey Kung-Fu grip price stickers on cardboard boxed games, idiots. The owner of the store near me even throws out Master System game manuals as he thinks no-one cares about them! :o

I've removed stickers on carts before without issue, but have never attempted ones on cardboard or paper. I've seen it done but it's a big risk, would rather have a sticker there than a big tear. Have also had to repair a few Master System cart stickers as they seem to lift over time, but this is easy to do.

Nothing outrageous fellas, just the usual master system bits and pieces.

-ms pacman

-cloud master

-ghost busters

- Dracula

All for $10 boxed. Anywho that's me out :)

Bought one of these which is on it's way to me. Was intrigued by it when I saw gamester81's review of it below. One popped up so I thought I'd grab it and give it a whirl.

Check out how BIG the game carts in it are, in Lukemorses vid of it below:

Edited by vcoleiro1

Nice one vcoleiro1, rather impressive score there! You should have lots of fun with it.

I'd say that you have landed the best retro score of the day. :)

There's a Sega equivalent which I'd love to own, but they're extremely rare. They were also used in hotels and take currency which provided you with timed gaming. They're running the Japanese Mark III/Master System hardware and games, although they still took standard carts unlike the Nintendo hotel boxes.

http://www.smspower.org/forums/files/600x450_2008092400004_169.jpg

That sega game box looks equally good.

I found another picture that shows how the coin box was attached to the super famicom box , as per the Sega, it was used for timed games . I believe it took 100 yen coins.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39241[/ATTACH]

A few of the guys here have the Famicom box, such as Hollo, Osty, Narf and a few others that I can't recall.

Re that pic, I've never actually seen one with the coin box attached, which is a shame as most of them are damaged due to it being yanked off.

That Sega one looks cool!!

I would love a SFCB with a coin box attached, but it's a pretty rare find. How much did you score it for Vcolerio, and which carts are in it? The last ones I sold went for $200 including shipping.

I am constantly searching for a FamicomBox (these often come with the coin box luckily), but this is something I would really like :cool: :

http://image.forumfree.it/2/1/8/9/5/1/1302971947.jpg

Picture isn't showing up for me, getting a 403 forbidden error. Can you re-link please?

Here's another one:

http://castleofcollectibles.com/vault/ngdeck.jpg

If that one doesn't show up, it's a NeoGeo Hotel box.

Does anyone get into Mooks ?

I love em' picked up a few recently ....

Yes, but mine are all on Pachinko.

For those of you that are wondering what the hell we are talking about, a 'Mook' is the Japanese language 'Japlish' for a Magazine/Book.

they are ****ing crazy you know, the Japs... mad as hell. :lol

Nice one vcoleiro1, rather impressive score there! You should have lots of fun with it.

I'd say that you have landed the best retro score of the day. :)

There's a Sega equivalent which I'd love to own, but they're extremely rare. They were also used in hotels and take currency which provided you with timed gaming. They're running the Japanese Mark III/Master System hardware and games, although they still took standard carts unlike the Nintendo hotel boxes.

http://www.smspower.org/forums/files/600x450_2008092400004_169.jpg

That sega one is nuts frank!

I'm going to ask my suppliers in Japan and see if they have them. Not that i could buy one atm.. hehe

I'm yet to receive notification of what the shipping is going to cost me on the Super famicom box. I think I'll be opting for surface(boat). as I believe they are very heavy .

It was a strange impulse buy for me as I dont buy old consoles normally. The reason I bought it was , don't laugh, but seeing Lukemorse's vids (he has about 6 on it) where he pics the barrel locks and replaces the internal battery to reveal the try for free menu system, got me wanting one to do the same thing. ie I want to pick the locks and replace the battery and reveal the old menu system etc. It's crazy I know, but thats the way I roll.

Edit: The one I got has the following games in it: Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Collection, Star Fox, Super Donkey Kong & Super Tetris

Edited by vcoleiro1

I'm yet to receive notification of what the shipping is going to cost me on the Super famicom box. I think I'll be opting for surface(boat). as I believe they are very heavy .

It was a strange impulse buy for me as I dont buy old consoles normally. The reason I bought it was , don't laugh, but seeing Lukemorse's vids (he has about 6 on it) where he pics the barrel locks and replaces the internal battery to reveal the try for free menu system, got me wanting one to do the same thing. ie I want to pick the locks and replace the battery and reveal the old menu system etc. It's crazy I know, but thats the way I roll.

I got mine for around $230 and that was with airmail.

Got it in less than 2 weeks.

The last of my Famicom 3D games arrived today, JJ, thus giving me the complete set. JJ was the hardest to track down, the others aren't all that common either with the exception of Highway Star and 3D Hot Rally. The hardest part was finding them at a good price, so most of these were not purchased from eBay ;). Amazing how much eBay gouges the price of these.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/fjs/FDS-3d.jpg