Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Wanted is one of the better light phaser games, and usually sells for a higher price (nothing absurd, but it is one of the rarer games on the system) so I'm glad I got a good deal on it. I really enjoy Laser Ghost as well, it doesn't get much attention though for some reason but it is a great shooter. Gangster Town is another great shooter, and for something a bit more traditional you can't beat Shooting Gallery.

I wish there were more shooting games on the MS, and I desperately wish they had some 2 player coop shooting games, that would be fun. Especially if you could dual wield a couple of these bad boys:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/fjs/1988letthegamesbegin10-1.jpg

Sadly, the Mega Phaser was never released. :(

P.s. that model freaks me out, he looks like a cross between a child, an Umpa Lumpa and a creepy middle aged man.

It's like an Evil Kirk Cameron or something ;)

My stuff has started rolling in from my recent binge, thinking I might wait until everything's arrived and post some pics. Managed to grab some pricey games, but I'm pleased to say I've managed to complete a few more console game wishlists :D According to my wishlist, I'm now set for the XB360 (to date), PS2, GCN, SMS, N64 and 32X. I'm pretty close to finishing off the Mega CD, Wii and Mega Drive as well, and still have a reasonable amount to go on the PS3, SNES, Saturn and DC, and the PSone list is virtually untouched.

Still, this year marks the first time I've managed to start completing my lists, so I'm really chuffed :)

My wallet isn't though, I bought too much stuff :P

Don't ask me why at the tender age of 9 why I didn't open it!

Lol, even at that age you had a collector's mentality. :D

Thanks for the pics of Zaxxon, it looks delicious. I take it from the box art that it has some form of pseudo 3D effect going on, or is that just exaggerated marketing?

I went to the Adelaide toy fair and picked up a little bit of retro goodness (not all gaming related)

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/theosty/c1507bb0.jpg

Atari 2600 carry box, has space for console, games, 2 joys, 2 paddles and leads :D

also picked up spidey on MS and not pictured (as I got them a day earlier) was fantasty zone on ms, a ps2 gun, gcn and dc leads for an xarcade joystick (which I just plan on hacking) and turok on n64

Found this on Gumtree today and called about it. Was told he only put it online 5 minutes ago and I was the first caller, lucky it was only a 10 minute drive away.

megacd_1.thumb.jpg.ff4410e1a01193ebf300eb5fc44a41d4.jpg

MegaDrive-II with Mega CD-II (With base expander for MD-I)

megacd_2.thumb.jpg.aaee7ca8616f71b8976bb85ed95cec95.jpg

Controller, both Sega Powerpacks and Mixing cable for MD-I

megacd_3.thumb.jpg.8587e1fe614f3b458ae07fb6deb630bf.jpg

Included games

- Alex the Kidd in Enchanted Castle

- Mortal Kombat

- The Lion King

- NBA JAM

- Road Avenger (Mega-CD)

Found this on Gumtree today and called about it. Was told he only put it online 5 minutes ago and I was the first caller, lucky it was only a 10 minute drive away.

grrrrr that was you was it *shakes fist*

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Sorry Osty, NOT.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Must have been me as they had it setup and working by the time I got there.

Everything was operational and that was through the RF connection.

Have swapped the console over with my one (Switch mods) and tested my MD-I on it too.

Had trouble getting the son off the machine so I could take the pics, but told him I will let him play with it after I took the pics.

Just....just so damn cool! If you want to improve G.I Joe, just add Street Fighter II!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39218[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39219[/ATTACH]

I remember those, they did Mortal Kombat figures also. Blanka looked terrible in the set and some of the other likeness where a bit terrible as they all used the base templates iirc but still quite a cool bit of history.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39215[/ATTACH]

Great score, not often that someone's managed to keep that expander.

Nice one Tipus4u, I recall you've been after one of those for a while. Lose the expander though. :)

Just noticed the mixing cable, rare to see those nowadays! Easy enough to use a generic one of course but yeah, you don't often see the original SEGA ones floating around.

Was it bargain priced or something?

Nice line-up of MS games there Kane.

You should take a photo of your entire MS collection, I imagine it's rather extensive.

Amazing how many MS games are ex rental, I wonder how many video stores still have old stock hiding away somewhere. A video store near me has loads of N64 games but he's had too many offers from collectors and is now seeking eBay+ prices. :(

Nice line-up of MS games there Kane.

You should take a photo of your entire MS collection, I imagine it's rather extensive.

I'm lovin the SMS at the moment, I'll take some pics when I get up to 200 boxed games, any less will just look weak :rolleyes

Amazing how many MS games are ex rental

These rentals look like they have been around, they have stickers from "Movieworlde", and on top of those Civic Sunbury.

Question : Has anyone had success removing stickers from the paper inserts? Can you steam them off? Heat them off? Any suggestions?

Well the price I paid was less than any I have seen going on Ebay, Gumtree or here before.

It must have been a good price as Osty wanted it also, but beat him by a few minutes with the call/pickup.

Next on the list is a PCE/CDROM2 setup (damm MJ beat me on Hollo's sale) and a 32X to go with the MD2 collection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39215[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39216[/ATTACH]

Controller, both Sega Powerpacks and Mixing cable for MD-I

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39217[/ATTACH]

Included games

- Alex the Kidd in Enchanted Castle

- Mortal Kombat

- The Lion King

- NBA JAM

- Road Avenger (Mega-CD)

Noice!