Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Finally took the plunge on an FM TOWNS II

This thing rocks!

Game is Tatsujin Oh, Truxton II.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":2174563}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":2174564}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":2174565}[/ATTACH]

wow!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-tempid":"temp_160639_1606625735619_448"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​ Workmate gave me a PS2 Hot Pack bundle plus another 6 games :cool:wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​

She was going to give it to me a couple of weeks ago but then she got sentimental and though shed keep it after all. Then she plugged it in and decided the moment had passed. Lucky me :DwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this beauty up earlier in the week: What looks to be a NOS (or unboxed, but never used) 486 DX33 + 14" screen. Apparently was ex-CSIRO or something similar, as it was found in a container full of other scientific gear. The system is a DX33 + 20MB of RAM and has on-board IDE/FDD controllers, both of which are pretty unheard of for a machine from the early 90s (and probably was horrifically expensive). Also has a whole bunch of Gamma-Metrics scientific measurement cards in it, which makes sense as the system itself is branded Gamma-Metrics - guessing it's a pre-built kit they used to sell at some point in the past.

EooU3J1UwAAz6j-.thumb.jpg.869aae2a81de1c0eecae6ac5d2cef024.jpg

Bunch more pictures over here:

Also uses one of those plug-in, external type batteries so zero leakage or damage to the board. It all works, although I need to figure out how to get into the BIOS (or configure HDD options), as the battery is definitely flat. At least confirms it works!

EoxUeitU0AAZT3T.thumb.jpg.63023b0b4aa9aeafdf9d0345b6e675cf.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Finally took the plunge on an FM TOWNS II

This thing rocks!

Game is Tatsujin Oh, Truxton II.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":2174563}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":2174564}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"small","data-attachmentid":2174565}[/ATTACH]

Was that from yahoo japan or ebay ?

Realised the last time I contributed to this thread would have been years back... cool to see interesting gear shared here!

Back in 2018 I was in Japan for uni and bought too much stuff so I got my head around the postal system and sent it home. While I packed in manga, figures, merch and toys I also grabbed a stack of games and a few PCBs. I only opened the boxes late last year - the back room (which is the game room) was in a shocking mess so had a big cleanout after finishing up my studies which took ages. To encourage me to do it I made a promise not to open everything until I sorted it out.

I know it's probably a bit odd, but it worked. Turns out I bought more stuff than I remembered so the good thing is that since the back room was in order I could find room for everything.

Anywho, I edited it down into a video - if you're impatient/don't care about the bla-bla the arcade stuff starts at 3:29, then retro games from 4:07.

Last time I was in Japan in 2012 I picked up the more important/rarer stuff I guess but not quite the same volume of gear because I didn't know how to navigate the post office on my own.

Pricing was better then but not crazy cheap given I was shopping in/around Osaka and Tokyo, though PSone titles were cheap-as in overloaded Sofmaps and Book Offs.

For the 2018 trip I was based in Tokyo, Kyoto and Sendai with some stops in Nara and Naruko but shopping time was limited given I was there to attend classes and business stuff (schedule was full on). So it was a compromise - convenience meant pricing was generally fair depending on the store but not cheap. For the games where I haven't removed the stickers you can get an idea what I paid for them (though all the stuff from Suru was discounted at the teller by 10% that weekend and I claimed tax free to save another 8%).

Was good fun though :)

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
Well the SC-3000 works with a basic Cartridge I bought on EBay.

I made a video lead and used a Master System II psu. Next job is to make the I/O adapter for the SF-7000 and find some 3" disks.

Cheers Trev 04292cd381be6a01c66e8740a1431c8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

how did you go? I have a disk if you need...

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this up yesterday as round one of the bi yearly local kerbside collection is starting next week for my area (other 2 shires later in year)

Dirty and yellow but couldn't leave old girl behind. Ps dead but hacking another newer one got mobo to boot

Interestingly mate pointed out its got a slot one to 370 adaptor in it which apparantly isn't common. bootup says 400mhz

Hopefully once Alive can lan my p2 or even better find more lol

IMG20210302160058.thumb.jpg.8b908d1797c119abfc1124ca1d63985b.jpg

IMG20210302155951.thumb.jpg.0947bbb0c725eba5288e4128fd82de27.jpg

• Like 2

Picked this up yesterday as round one of the bi yearly local kerbside collection is starting next week for my area (other 2 shires later in year)

Dirty and yellow but couldn't leave old girl behind. Ps dead but hacking another newer one got mobo to boot

Interestingly mate pointed out its got a slot one to 370 adaptor in it which apparantly isn't common. bootup says 400mhz

Hopefully once Alive can lan my p2 or even better find more lol

You have way to much time on your hands

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Backed this via eb games in 2019 (haslab is now hasbros crowd funding for project ideas). It came up as deposit with eta 2021 my inner 80s kid said go for it

Finally got the call and picked it up

One of my fav g1 Transformers that never made release till mid 2000s with armada but this one just tops it off with sheer scale (big w trolley for scale)

Time to watch the movie again i reckon

IMG20210407164529.thumb.jpg.1fb7a6b3991a5d0e34b70c4541b396d0.jpg

IMG20210407162451.thumb.jpg.bf79319b304c693927ca402348456a57.jpg

• Like 4