Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[WA] - Arcade Electrician in WA....Pleeeease Help???

Phillip J Fry

Question

Hi All,

So my plea goes like this....

I brought a Raiden Cab a couple of years ago in good working order (Awesome!). However, after transporting it home very gingerly in the back of the ute, I plugged her in at home to find NO SOUND...Booo!

The guy I bought the cab from sent his technician around to have a look at it, and he told me that he would get me a "replacement sound card" from his workshop. Unfortunately, after he left, and several phone calls to both guys, they seemed to dissapear off the face of the Earth.

Anyhoo, after about 18 months sitting in my spare room unused, I decided to donate the Raiden to my sisters muay thai gym (still minus the sound).

So long story long.... I would like to get the sound fixed for her.

Are there any experts/techs/elecs in WA metro area who can assist???

Of course I will pay for the services.

Cheers!

Scoota

19 answers to this question

Cheers Guys! All good advice!

Unfortunately I work away and wont be able to check the speaker fo 3 more weeks...haha!

Do you think either Gibo or Jomac would consider coming out to the gym in Morley to do the job? (I do know if I could be bothered moving the bloody thing again! :rolleyes)

Narf; If they aren't interested, how hard is it to install a new sound board, and do you know where I might be able to buy one?

Thanks again!

hey

there isnt a soundboard. id from my readings it be a chip or cap in the amp area

ive read some info online here about raiden and no sound issue

perhaps look at ebay for a new whole board or a wanted advert here :unsure

being jamma you could even change the entire game perhaps :unsure

Thanks mate will do!!

and don't call him an 'electrician' - for the record, electricians twist wires together and wire houses - TECHNICIANS know how electronic components work and can fault find down to the exact part that is faulty.

As long as you discount 'tyre' technicians - (finger) 'nail' technicians - and a myriad of other TRY-HARDS that pretend to be technicians!

Yeah, that's all we do! :rolleyes just like everything made in China is crap and all paypal deals go bad.

You've hit the nail right on the head....:rolleyes

I wasn't digging at electricians specifically - what pisses me off are the clowns who call themselves 'technicians' when they actually change car tyres or paint fingernails - give me a break.…..talk about wank with a capital "W"….

and don't call him an 'electrician' - for the record, electricians twist wires together and wire houses - TECHNICIANS know how electronic components work and can fault find down to the exact part that is faulty.

As long as you discount 'tyre' technicians - (finger) 'nail' technicians - and a myriad of other TRY-HARDS that pretend to be technicians!

Sincerest apologies,

You have to cut me some slack though, as I am only a Mop Technician! ;)

Yeah, that's all we do! :rolleyes just like everything made in China is crap and all paypal deals go bad.

:lol

On that note, I had an electrician putting some fans in recently and he reckons that if the fan was installed with the wires reversed it'd trip the breaker. I don't understand how this can be possible, surely it'd just spin the opposite way?

:lol

On that note, I had an electrician putting some fans in recently and he reckons that if the fan was installed with the wires reversed it'd trip the breaker. I don't understand how this can be possible, surely it'd just spin the opposite way?

For a RCD to work properly the neutral is bonded to Earth. I guess that if the speed switch was switching neutral instead of live there may be inductive load differences which may upset the RCD.

It's AC and the fan will spin one way regardless of which way the live and neutral are wired. Reversing fans I think use an extra coil.

Do you think either Gibo or Jomac would consider coming out to the gym in Morley to do the job?

Yep give Gibo a call he will be right at home at the gym :) , I don't call out on site but if there are any issue's that can't be sorted on site Gibo will bring it down to the workshop and we'll sort it out.