Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

*** WORLD VIDEO GAMING CHALLENGE - TWIN GALAXIES - submit your scores ***

OOO

Where'd you get that info from the 2nd screenshot? Shows differently for me

If you click on either of the red search buttons, the result in my 2nd screenshot will appear. I just checked it again now, and it provides the same result as my 2nd screenshot.

Hmm does that for me too. That screen makes no sense I've got no where near that number of submissions

Must be an old calculation of some sort

Is it possible, assuming the TG website calculation is correct, I'll say that part again, that it is the total ESI score for only no.1 MAME titles for a gamer?

For example your total ESI score for all your MAME scores, finishing anywhere on the scoreboard, adds up to 3775.19. However all of your no.1 scores add up to an ESI score of 2817.00. What is also strange is that there seems to be rounding of the 2nd total to integer for all gamers, compared to 2 decimal points for the other.

• Like 1

Is it possible, assuming the TG website calculation is correct, I'll say that part again, that it is the total ESI score for only no.1 MAME titles for a gamer?

For example your total ESI score for all your MAME scores, finishing anywhere on the scoreboard, adds up to 3775.19. However all of your no.1 scores add up to an ESI score of 2817.00. What is also strange is that there seems to be rounding of the 2nd total to integer for all gamers, compared to 2 decimal points for the other.

There has to be some other explanation or a weird calculation system used here.

I have 18 1st place MAME scores. 5 of them score 0.00 ESI. The most ESI I have for a single game is 12.85. Total ESI for my MAME 1st place scores is 59.20.

Barra has 54 1st place MAME scores. His Galaga scores alone are worth over 200 ESI. Then you add DK into the mix. I didn't do a full count but it just makes this whole thing make even less sense to me.

I had thought that my 1st place Atari 2600 and Lethal Enforcers arcade WR might be included but the few Atari scores I checked showed 0.00 and Lethal Enforcers is about 1.83.

It's all too hard for my simple mind ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

News just in from Twin Galaxies ... Jason Vasiloff aka @JasonV91 at TG and AA, has just become the new World Champion on MAME ESI at Twin Galaxies.

By just 1.82 points, Andrew Barrow aka @Barra is now in 2nd place, and Robert Macauley aka @RMacauley is in 3rd place. Matt Sales aka @ILLSeaBass moves up into 9th place.

201017_MAME_ESI_Rankings.png.7690df694af6d7c0aa39eac902ffad1c.png

Being so close for the Top 2, the lead may change over the next few months.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Definition of frustrating.

Managed to beat my old TG score on the Stern version of Amidar (MAME) yesterday.

Just spent 1 hour 40 minutes trying to upload the video only to have the TG site throw an error at me at 100% uploaded. :realmad:

Off to bed now. If I get time I'll try again tonight before work :sleep

• Like 1

Definition of frustrating.

Managed to beat my old TG score on the Stern version of Amidar (MAME) yesterday.

Just spent 1 hour 40 minutes trying to upload the video only to have the TG site throw an error at me at 100% uploaded. :realmad:

Off to bed now. If I get time I'll try again tonight before work :sleep

I used to get the same error, 100% uploaded, a few months ago. I got around it by uploading 2 videos, where the 2nd one was tiny and a dummy video file. So the 1st file uploaded OK (the submission) and the 2nd video didn't (and it didn't matter as it is not part of the submission). The TG site really is a cobbled together and often faulty website.

• 2 months later...

I checked the Twin Galaxies MAME ESI Scoreboard tonight. Andrew Barrow @Barra has retaken the World Champion crown. Jason Vasiloff @JasonV91 is now in 2nd place. Robert Macauley @RMacauley is in 3rd place. And John McAllister @johnmcallister has moved up to 4th place.

Also in the Top 10, Max Haraske @magrinder is in 8th place, Matt Sales @ILLSeaBass is in 9th place, and Clay Karczewski @CWK is in 10th place.

Darren Mcgahey @Ivanstorm has moved up to 11th place and John McNeill @John73 is now in 14th place.

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th and 10th are all MGL Champions.

All of the gamers mentioned above played in the MGL.

Congratulations to all of these gamers for their outstanding achievement ...

210117_TG_MAME_ESI.png.15dfd29ed326ffcbc0ca6a603475cd94.png

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

In MAJOR breaking news, Michael Kibbey @kibbey from Australia, broke the 10 year World Record on Nibbler, with a score of 1 billion and 233 million, plus 22,350 points ...

Kibbey_WRscore2.png.ce5fbe66d80b7443fd4f5c39cc4d0a56.png

Michael's score was accepted overnight at Twin Galaxies. Congratulations Michael, that's a lot of snaking around on the arcade floor. It was a brilliant game of skill and endurance, after just over 50 hours of game play ...

Kibbey_WRscore1.png.a78c2d818f736d4a09c2466b92acf77e.png

For those of you who are not aware, a movie was made called Man Vs Snake, about the world champions and competitors who played for the top score on Nibbler. Now Michael is the best Nibbler player in the world. Watch the movie if you get a chance ... and please click likes on this post if you want to congratulate Michael on this historic achievement.

This may not be the end, for world supremacy on Nibbler ...

🐍

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Congratulations on the world record @kibbey!
Your gameplay was amazing! 🚀
47 minutes ago, OOO said:

In MAJOR breaking news, Michael Kibbey @kibbey from Australia, broke the 10 year World Record on Nibbler, with a score of 1 billion and 233 million, plus 22,350 points ...

Kibbey_WRscore2.png.ce5fbe66d80b7443fd4f5c39cc4d0a56.png

Michael's score was accepted overnight at Twin Galaxies. Congratulations Michael, that's a lot of snaking around on the arcade floor. It was a brilliant game of skill and endurance, after just over 50 hours of game play ...

Kibbey_WRscore1.png.a78c2d818f736d4a09c2466b92acf77e.png

For those of you who are not aware, a movie was made called Man Vs Snake, about the world champions and competitors who played for the top score on Nibbler. Now Michael is the best Nibbler player in the world. Watch the movie if you get a chance ... and please click likes on this post if you want to congratulate Michael on this historic achievement.

This may not be the end, for world supremacy on Nibbler ...

🐍

Very cool! It really is an incredible score. A friend shared the video of Kibbey's live. I was impressed.
Enjoyed this movie! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Congratulations to Andrew Barrow from NZ for winning the Kong Off 6 in QLD yesterday. Brilliant play.

Also congrats to Matthew Tecchio and Shane Sawle for finishing in 2nd and 3rd place respectively.

Well played Neil Cairns on 4th place.

KO_2023_Winner.thumb.jpg.135bbd0f7f107c878449d3a863db901b.jpg

Thanks to Netherworld and all the other sponsors of this event. Well done.

KO_2023_Winner2.jpg.88ba65e8ac9dc0c7dabf21ec5fb3b60c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the Twin Galaxies World MAME ESI standings over the last few months, Andrew Barrow from New Zealand retook the no.1 spot with a terrific effort on some improved scores ...

230517_TG_01to10MAME_ESI.jpg.6dc459bd294b5b1fa9d5d2b6ff0bae04.jpg

However John McAllister from Seattle hit back with some super performances, and has retaken the no.1 spot with the current standings as below ...

230728_TG_01to10MAME_ESI.jpg.622359722940bb6365cf707d5cfaefd1.jpg 

That's excellent play by these 2 gamers! Robert Macauley from South Australia is in 4th place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knight76 said:

Good to see the TG scoreboard is still going strong.

I had a sneak peak at the Wardner scores and I'm still in 2nd place. 🙂

The scores don't appear to have changed for years.

Nice score!

WardnerTG_JasonGregory2nd.jpg.50d842fea916429edd3cc3370108be40.jpg

Yeah, a long time ago now.

I was actually toying with the idea of getting back at it and maybe putting together a 1 life only score. Then I don't know, maybe look at going for the overall score record again.

It will take a lot of practive to get back in to shape to make a decent score at it. I haven't played Wardner since I put up that score. I burned myself out on it getting that.

• Love 1