Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Console + Computer Game High Scores

I don't have many Xbox games, and really don't play the Xbox much at all.... but Pacman CE is by far and away the most played game I have :lol

Speedball 2 was available at some stage for XBLA, but I wasn't fast enough to buy it :cry

Speedball2 on xbla ?! my god... my 2nd favourite 2player game of all time.

1. Space War

2. Speedball 2

3. Joust

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speedball2 on xbla ?! my god... my 2nd favourite 2player game of all time.

1. Space War

2. Speedball 2

3. Joust

I believe Speedball was an exact port of the Amiga Version (Ice Cream.... Ice Cream) :laugh: If all else fails, get your hands on the Amiga emulator and give it a bash on your PC. Need a good strong joystick to play this game as it takes a pounding.

My favorite two player Amiga game would have been a toss between SB2 and Stunt Car Racer (Required 2 Amigas, 2 TV's and a Null Modem cable) :D

Quick question on high scores, I take it Emulators for Amstrad and Amiga are okay?

I believe Speedball was an exact port of the Amiga Version (Ice Cream.... Ice Cream) :laugh: If all else fails, get your hands on the Amiga emulator and give it a bash on your PC. Need a good strong joystick to play this game as it takes a pounding.

My favorite two player Amiga game would have been a toss between SB2 and Stunt Car Racer (Required 2 Amigas, 2 TV's and a Null Modem cable) :D

Quick question on high scores, I take it Emulators for Amstrad and Amiga are okay?

I played it on Amiga, but ended up playing it a lot more on Megadrive. I still play it on Megadrive via Emulator on my 2-player Upright, arcade controls work especially well for SB2. Used to have pretty much all-night SB2 tourneys with friends back in the 90's, oh those crazy bachelor daze :cool: Such a great game with so many ways to win other than just scoring goals. Could really get people riled up, Speedball 2. More than once people stormed out the house :lol

Stunt Car Racer was awesome at the time when it came out, but on emulator nowadays it looks pretty ordinary.

My favourite multiplayer game on Amiga was definitely Ebonstar - 4 players on the keyboard at once could get pretty funny :D

Stunt Car Racer was awesome at the time when it came out, but on emulator nowadays it looks pretty ordinary.

Check this out:

No idea when/if this will get finished. I came across this from a programming forum that I use. The guy writing it is pretty much a one man team, and has been working on this for a couple of years I believe :O Not sure what his plans are when he finishes it, but I'll fork out some cash for it :cool:

Stunt Car Racer is one of the best games ive played on the Amiga, bang for buck value 1000% I hope this version comes to fruition, it looks cool:cool:

Geoff Crammond (who wrote SCR) has a physics degree - the physics behind SCR is what makes the game so good. If this game recreates the physics then this game will be absolutely awesome.

SCR was also instrumental in my early 20's in teaching me how alcohol effects ones ability to drive :lol

Check this out:

No idea when/if this will get finished. I came across this from a programming forum that I use. The guy writing it is pretty much a one man team, and has been working on this for a couple of years I believe :O Not sure what his plans are when he finishes it, but I'll fork out some cash for it :cool:

That looks very promising - multiplayer would be a lot of fun :)

Still yet to see a stunt game that tops tops the 'trials' series of motorbike stunt games. Trials 2 SE for PC the best of the lot for mine, if you haven't played them definitely check it out - so addictive, always trying to conquer tracks. can be just as maddening as super meat boy :D

Finally got my Donkey Kong Game & Watch in the mail today. Seller should have shipped it last Monday week, but finally it's turned up. Hopefully I can get a half decent score and I'll post it for the leaderboard :cool:

----------------------------------

Just had my first serious game and scored 1055, which included losing my double points to a stupid decision at around 600. The emulator version does indeed let you move Mario quicker, but overall, the emulator version IMO gets a lot harder alot quicker than the original.

Xmas holidays while I watch the cricket might be to try and improve on the emulator version to make it more realistic :)

Edited by John73

Maybe it depends on the emulator version as the one I used sped up to a point but renained constant after that. Where the original speeds up to a blur.

-------------------------------------------

Sent from mobile phone - All errors are the mobiles fault.

Maybe it depends on the emulator version as the one I used sped up to a point but renained constant after that. Where the original speeds up to a blur.

I'm just going off my initial play of an original. I couldn't crack 1000 on the emulator yet could do it sorta easily (within 5 games) on the original.

Donkey Kong - Game A

I'm coming to get you Knight :laugh: Got to 1300 without losing a life. If you lose a life, do you get anther one at 1300? I didn't since I already had the maximum lives built up, but it did beep and flash the Mario at the bottom on the screen.

Will try and beat this score tonight and post a pic :)

Yes. You get the life back. And as a bonus. If you have two lives and hit 1300 It reverts back to double scoring again.

Yes. You get the life back. And as a bonus. If you have two lives and hit 1300 It reverts back to double scoring again.

:o I didn't know that. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the wrong place to post this, so sorry if it is... I need new batteries for my Donkey Kong(s) (2nd one arrived in the mail). Went to Woolworths, but they didn't have an LR/SR44 batteries - but they had others that looked similar. Stupid me didn't take a dead battery so I couldn't compare. Do they still make LR44/SR44 batteries or have they been renamed to something else?

Was only a small Woolworths, I might try a battery place if no one can give me any insight :)

Probably the wrong place to post this, so sorry if it is... I need new batteries for my Donkey Kong(s) (2nd one arrived in the mail). Went to Woolworths, but they didn't have an LR/SR44 batteries - but they had others that looked similar. Stupid me didn't take a dead battery so I couldn't compare. Do they still make LR44/SR44 batteries or have they been renamed to something else?

Was only a small Woolworths, I might try a battery place if no one can give me any insight :)

Bunnings sell them I believe. K-mart should as well.

Hows the score chase going?

Pretty much any decent chemist has a big range of these kind of batteries, cause many of the older hearing aids use them. You can always get your game and watch batteries there :)

Cheers guys. I stopped by Coles tonight and they carry the same as Woolworths :realmad: Got several chemists where I work, so I'll try and drop in tomorrow if I have time - work is a nightmare with xmas stuff going on on top of everything else. If that doesn't work, I'll check at Bunnings on my way home.

--------

Finally found the batteries, they had them at Woolworths all along. Energizer A76 replaces the old LR44. Didn't have my wallet with me, so it will have to wait until tomorrow :( $5.99 for pack of 2, I'm sure there are cheaper places but they last ages from memory so no biggy :)

Edited by John73

Donkey Kong Game A 1649

dk1649.jpg.c325139b789f367e5667ad31c9896d0b.jpg

Thought I was going to smash Knights score - think I was over 1500 without losing a life, but the game starts getting insanely fast at 1600 odd points and all you can do is jump barrels until you finally die :lol

Donkey Kong Game B 841

dkb841.jpg.847e1ca5b870a51c6b08cbdc1e26cf9d.jpg

Still a bit of work to do to catch Knight on Game B. Lost my double points a bit earlier than I should have which didn't help.

Sorry about the pic quality, I've only got a cheap camera and when the batteries are running down the quality seems to go...either that or I'm just crap at taking pictures.

Donkey Kong Game A 1649

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31634[/ATTACH]

Thought I was going to smash Knights score - think I was over 1500 without losing a life, but the game starts getting insanely fast at 1600 odd points and all you can do is jump barrels until you finally die :lol

Excellent score. Now I have to get my DK back out again and try for 1650 points :lol