Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Console + Computer Game High Scores

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just an incremental update to my Donkey Kong score.

1596 - Game A

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/Misc%20Stuff/DSC08759a.jpg

I managed to clock it and get to 1290 without losing a man. I was curious to find out what happens when you hit 1300 without losing a man, but got out right beforehand.

Oh and there is an error with the scoring table, where you have me listed as Donkey Kong Jr. Game B score, is actually Donkey Kong Game B.

Speaking of DK Jr. I finally managed to clock it. Probably only the second Game and Watch I have ever clocked outside of DK.

1358 - Game A.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/Misc%20Stuff/1358.jpg

Just an incremental update to my Donkey Kong score.

1596 - Game A

I managed to clock it and get to 1290 without losing a man. I was curious to find out what happens when you hit 1300 without losing a man, but got out right beforehand.

Oh and there is an error with the scoring table, where you have me listed as Donkey Kong Jr. Game B score, is actually Donkey Kong Game B.

Speaking of DK Jr. I finally managed to clock it. Probably only the second Game and Watch I have ever clocked outside of DK.

1358 - Game A.

Fixed and updated :) Nice scoring knight76. Yeah that first man is important on Donkey Kong - keeping the double bonus points going as long as you can.

I wonder if a double clock is possible :unsure

Fixed and updated :) Nice scoring knight76. Yeah that first man is important on Donkey Kong - keeping the double bonus points going as long as you can.

I wonder if a double clock is possible :unsure

I am sure it would be possible. Maybe there is a G&W DK kill screen :lol

Sorry missed the post.

Hopefully see some Turtle Bridge competition coming from you soon :)

I'm going to have to work on my DK Jr though - very poor compared to my DK which I owned as teen.

PS - anyone else actually taken apart a DK ? I had to fix mine, it lost the upper screen and sound - holy crap these things are a triumph of sandwhich technology. Each screen has about 3-4 layers inc graphic overlays, flexible circuits, and it all fits together just so - A massive pain in the arse to fix, so fiddly. Managed to restore sound, but it is still pretty low, like about 1/3 the volume it should be :unsure

Hopefully see some Turtle Bridge competition coming from you soon :)

I'm going to have to work on my DK Jr though - very poor compared to my DK which I owned as teen.

PS - anyone else actually taken apart a DK ? I had to fix mine, it lost the upper screen and sound - holy crap these things are a triumph of sandwhich technology. Each screen has about 3-4 layers inc graphic overlays, flexible circuits, and it all fits together just so - A massive pain in the arse to fix, so fiddly. Managed to restore sound, but it is still pretty low, like about 1/3 the volume it should be :unsure

Man that is such a shame. These things are great tech for their era. You really need good sound on DK to time your jumps when things get faster.

Man that is such a shame. These things are great tech for their era. You really need good sound on DK to time your jumps when things get faster.

They are bloody amazing for the era, when you have all the bits and little squares of plastic laid out on a table you're thinking WTF who thought up this madness! Nintendo rocks :D

I got the top screen working again and sound, but still low volume, but enough to hear the jumps and movement OK. I'll probably buy another one at some stage, keep this one for parts.

Bah I've been playing DK for the last two hours trying to get in to the 1600's but just can't get there. Closest I came was 20 points off my highest score.

I very nearly made it all the way back to 1300 without losing a man, got excited at 1299, made a stupid error and lost a man at 1299. :realmad:

Curious to see what happens when you get the 1300 without losing a man, your already full up on men, already double point scoring. I assume the game just continues, but who knows, maybe 4 times points :lol

Giving up for the night.

Welcome Ben I was wondering when you'd stop by :) plenty of atari 2600 love so far here, game and watch too, quite surprisingly.

Thought I would rekindle the Atari love :), is it OK to use an emulator (Stella) or is it strictly original games.

Cheers

Thought I would rekindle the Atari love :), is it OK to use an emulator (Stella) or is it strictly original games.

Cheers

There's some pretty damn high scoring here already - Kane's Berzerk scoring is pretty insane.

Emulators fine for sure, any system.

Slight increase in DK high score.

1646 - A Difficulty.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/Misc%20Stuff/DSC08762a.jpg

This game I made it right back to 1300 without losing a man. You don't earn anything else for this milestone, just the beeps happen and nothing else. Which I figured would be the case anyhow.

I loaded up the DS and had a game of Donkey Kong on the Game & Watch collection and wow, what a different game.

DK Game A: 6069

Your little guy moves way, way too fast. The balls just don't move fast enough and even at 6k they move about the same as at 600 on the original. It's a shame they have created these to look so much like the original but play so differently.

Anyway, I have a score for the DS now at least. I clocked it 3 times without losing a man, ended up just letting em die so I could go to bed.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/Misc%20Stuff/DSC08767.jpg

I loaded up the DS and had a game of Donkey Kong on the Game & Watch collection and wow, what a different game.

DK Game A: 6069

Your little guy moves way, way too fast. The balls just don't move fast enough and even at 6k they move about the same as at 600 on the original. It's a shame they have created these to look so much like the original but play so differently.

Anyway, I have a score for the DS now at least. I clocked it 3 times without losing a man, ended up just letting em die so I could go to bed.

Hmm... i know I said emulators welcome but given the emulation on the DS sounds pretty shiteful in terms of accuracy, reckon we might just stick to the genuine article for DK game and watch.

Hmm... i know I said emulators welcome but given the emulation on the DS sounds pretty shiteful in terms of accuracy, reckon we might just stick to the genuine article for DK game and watch.

Game and Watch Collection is a DS game, it isn't exactly emulation. This score would go in it's own DS section rather than be included in the Game & watch collection.

6000+ on G&W DK would be a superhuman effort.

Game and Watch Collection is a DS game, it isn't exactly emulation. This score would go in it's own DS section rather than be included in the Game & watch collection.

6000+ on G&W DK would be a superhuman effort.

Yeah, but it's still a clone of dk game and watch. Not really a game in it's own right.

I scored a DKJr mint from Ebay on Sunday, so I'm looking forward to challenging you on that though :)

Yeah, but it's still a clone of dk game and watch. Not really a game in it's own right.

I scored a DKJr mint from Ebay on Sunday, so I'm looking forward to challenging you on that though :)

Fair enough, I have an oil panic that should be arriving tomorrow, so hopefully will get a score up for that one.

Fair enough, I have an oil panic that should be arriving tomorrow, so hopefully will get a score up for that one.

Reckon this thread is driving some game and watch buying for sure :)

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

My dk 2 is missing the bottom line of graphics on the top screen!!!! Noooo!!! I can't see either dk jr or the bear trap things!!!! I got it for my 11th birthday..... :( anyone know how to fix this?

It usually means that the flexible contacts aren't meeting up properly. It should be fixable if you have the stomach to disassemble, take all the bits out, realign, and hope for the best :)

Lol, I dare not dabble! Expensive the old g&w! Mind you I'd love to get one of those old dk jr tabletops, I remember playing my mates when I was in grade 5 or 6. The way it looked with the mirrors and illuminated gfx was amazing.

Reckon this thread is driving some game and watch buying for sure :)

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

It usually means that the flexible contacts aren't meeting up properly. It should be fixable if you have the stomach to disassemble, take all the bits out, realign, and hope for the best :)

Hmmmm I've read that they are a compact beast when opened..... See how I go...