Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

AFM divertor fault

ricindahunting

Question

G'day Lads,

Any of you Attack from Mars boys experience the "divertor stuck open" fault???? After dropping the forcefield and hitting either the red side or red drop target the required number of times to save a country, the next ball should save the country and raise the forcefield. What happens is that it counts as another ball towards multiball and thats it. It could not have happened at a shittier time as I had 6 more shots on to defeating mars and I would have been going for rule the universe for the 1st time!!!!!! I have cleaned the optos that send the ball back up from the left upkicker, replaced the actual switch that is triggered when you shoot to save the country and reseated J119 and J120 half a million times. As many of you would know by now I am a complete novice so looking to all you experts.

Thanks boys,

Rich......................................................

7 answers to this question

G'day Ando,

Did a switch test and when I phsically make the switch - nothing. This is a brand new switch. This is the switch when making the drop shot not the divertor. The divertor solenoid test is either on or off and it works - there is no switch there. With the switch their is a little diode / resistor. Can this go on the wrong way or does it work either way? I pulled a manual from IPDB and I can't find the trough assembly showing this switch so that does not help either????????????

Rich............................................

Went to Jaycar and got a few diodes. I pretty much just followed the way other switches are wired up with their respective diode and I got the switch working again in test mode.:) The divertor fault is still there though!!!! In testing of this coil in test mode power to the divertor see's it snapping away happily and in stop mode the divertor just sits there. I am not sure what position it should be in though???? Ando you mentioned optos. The vertical upkicker or left pop up that is all part of this set up has optos there. When in switch test mode if I spin one opto away from the other to break the line of site I get a beep and it shows up as the left pop up switch on the DMD. I am guessing this is correct?????? Now I'm frazzled!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o

Cheers,

Rich...........................................

All good lads!!!! I fired her up and manipulated a few shots to check the switches and everything seems to be OK?!?!?! I guess she may have been waiting for the shots to clear the errors after the few things I did????? Hopefully I am not premature and things stay fixed. Thanks for the responses............................ time to rule the universe.

Take it easy,

Rich........................................................