Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Do and don'ts for cleaning/removing dust from PCB?

washing pcbs can be risky, but then some pcbs look like new after being washed. I use lukewarm water with some vinegar. Just make sure you dry it properly. I dont use soap as it can be corrosive.

• Super Moderator
I use Brake cleaner but not all brake cleaners are siutable,the best way to find a good one is to get a foam cup from a coffee/water machine spray the brake cleaner into it if it disolves the cup dont use it,I use a WURTH Brake cleaner.Firstly remove all socketed chips,I set them up on some of the anti static foam as I pull them out,spray on brake cleaner and with a soft paint brush scrub the PCB then rinse with warm water and blow off with an air compressor then I leave them in the sun for awhile.....never had any issues and they come up like brand new

me washing boards.

there all nothing but taito phoenix pcbs.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3892/p1010105nl.jpg

drying.. lol

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7840/p1010109rd.jpg

ah you can see some of my bonsai trees in the background :)

warning , dont attempt my style unless you really know what the fuck you are doing..

i know what the fuck im doing lol

i used to wash computer boards in my mums dishwasher when i was in my late teens.

Whatever Jomac uses... the boards I sent to him came back looking minty fresh.

ive seen this stuff. i cant recall the name but the price of it gave me a heart attack.

dave is right this stuff gets coke the whole lot off :o

pcb cleaning

hi !the way i do it is first remove all socketed chips and label them,get a suitable size bucket and fill it with hot water and add some fairy liquid.put the pcb in and using a soft brush clean the muck of board.once done remove and place on newspaper and use a hair dryer until all is completely dry and thats it!the pcb will look like new.

I use Brake cleaner but not all brake cleaners are siutable,the best way to find a good one is to get a foam cup from a coffee/water machine spray the brake cleaner into it if it disolves the cup dont use it,I use a WURTH Brake cleaner.Firstly remove all socketed chips,I set them up on some of the anti static foam as I pull them out,spray on brake cleaner and with a soft paint brush scrub the PCB then rinse with warm water and blow off with an air compressor then I leave them in the sun for awhile.....never had any issues and they come up like brand new

Don't tell lies gibo , he pinched some of my special cleaner called SWAS :) this stuff is incredible! after washing I blow all the water of with the compressor , then spray on another chemical that repels water , chlorine and many other nasties that cause corrosion , it leaves everything looking like new , I do all this before I work on dirty things ( like chassis gibo digs up from the garden ):lol. The last Chemical is called R70 very expensive it's used by the military to protect electronics in the worst places.

• Super Moderator
Don't tell lies gibo , he pinched some of my special cleaner called SWAS :) this stuff is incredible! after washing I blow all the water of with the compressor , then spray on another chemical that repels water , chlorine and many other nasties that cause corrosion , it leaves everything looking like new , I do all this before I work on dirty things ( like chassis gibo digs up from the garden ):lol. The last Chemical is called R70 very expensive it's used by the military to protect electronics in the worst places.

So thats what that stuff was ,you told me it was cordial ,no wonder the missus started twitching after I gave her a glass:rolleyes