• Crazy Climber
    • Mr Do
    • Ghosts n Goblins
    • Marble Madness
    • Dragon's Lair
    • Disc's of Tron
    • Yie Ar Kung-Fu
    • Traverse USA (Zippy Race)
    • Space War 4 (Spacies clone with add ons)
    • Buck Rogers
    • Pengo
    • Xevious
    • Bezerk
    • Asteroids
    • Hyper Olympic
    • Lady Bug
    • Super Pacman
    • Juno First
    • Nemesis
    • Time pilot
    • Crazy Baloon

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
Wow, hard question. Love DK, Moon Cresta, Scramble and Gyruss but for me Time Pilot just takes it. Possibly because it was in my local takeaway when I was a kid but more likely because I can still hear that sound track. Fantastic story of Okamoto building the game behind his bosses back too.

GYRUSS!!

The Audio was incredible for the time and very catchy, I like classical music alot... That and the patterns, the 360degree play and fast paced action proved it a winner.

I remember the cab I like it in the most was one I saw in LasVegas it was one of those tinted dome/bowl style cabs LAI made...

No mention of Phoenix from anyone?

I remember my childhood at Butlins (in the UK) where there was a Galaxians and Phoenix cab sitting in this "entertainment" hall where my parents would take us. Phoenix got my money all the time.

Wasn't sure what one to pick from the list but I remember in the very early 80's there was a game I used to play heaps at the arcade . It was a bomber plane type game which showed a view as if you were flying over oil fields etc. . There were certain objects to shoot/bomb including radio towers and fuel tankers etc. . From memory it was a black and white picture . Game could've easily been something made in the 70's . Anybody have any ideas on what it could've been .

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't sure what one to pick from the list but I remember in the very early 80's there was a game I used to play heaps at the arcade . It was a bomber plane type game which showed a view as if you were flying over oil fields etc. . There were certain objects to shoot/bomb including radio towers and fuel tankers etc. . From memory it was a black and white picture . Game could've easily been something made in the 70's . Anybody have any ideas on what it could've been .

Was it Zaxxon?

Nah wasn't Zaxxon . I do remember that one where you had to fly through the gaps in the walls etc .

I'm pretty sure it was an older game . Screen was a top to bottom scroller and was pretty much the same image repeated over and over . Also pretty sure it was in black and white too .

Hyper-olympics for me:) My mates and I used to make a helluva racket doing the 100m 1st event with 10c coin holders(or bic lighters) across the top of the speed buttons:D It used to drown out the bingo caller so they moved the game to the other side of the RSL:lol

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! I can remember when most of these games hit our little arcade back in the 70's / 80's. The game that brings back fond memories for me has to be Moon Cresta. I remember this game coming in to the arcade circa christmas 1980(Might of been 1981) and everyone huddled around it watching and waiting for thier shot. I must of spent most of the money I got for christmas on this game.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Dragons Lair for me. This game had me mesmerized for hours. Even enjoyed just watching the attract mode.

I remember it was like 40c or 60c a game so was not played often. First thing I did when I got my mame cabinet running was to get Daphne installed.

Yeah what he said. But Space Ace blew me away

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...