Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Random Crap Thread

stu

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Police have confirmed the death of a man found in South Auckland on Monday was accidental, and it is understood it was the result of home experiment which went wrong.

It's understood the man was an amateur inventor and was found wearing a home-made helmet, which he was attempting to use to control devices in his home.

It's believed the helmet may have suffocated him.

Officers were called to a house in Cornwall St, Papatoetoe, about 2.30pm where they found the man dead.

An autopsy was completed yesterday morning and police have since said the death was accidental.

A police spokeswoman refused to comment further on the circumstances surrounding the death which is now being referred to the coroner.

The man's name is expected to be released in the next few days.

Detective Senior Sergeant Albie Alexander said the 34-year-old's body had been found by family, who spent the evening contacting the man's other relatives. At this stage, he said, it was unclear whether the man lived alone or with those who found him.

Neighbours spoke about the presence of a container and trailer at the back of the property but Alexander confirmed the man's body was found inside the house.

He would not be drawn on the circumstances of the death and said he expected forensic teams to finish their work at the property later today.

A neighbour, who did not want to be named, said the area was normally very quiet.

However, she said there had been an unusually high number of police officers patrolling the street in the past few weeks.

"It's all been a bit weird," she said.

When the police arrived yesterday afternoon she said she saw two men asked to move their cars from beside the property.

One man was allowed to go but she said another was taken away by police.

Source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7481165/Inventors-gadget-may-have-killed-him

• 2 weeks later...

Random crap story 1:

A week ago I get an eBay notification for a working Dragon's Lair PCB.

First time I ever saw one working, it was BIN $150US and has overseas shipping. 10 seconds after I got the email I was looking at the auction, ready to buy the sucker. Some bone head had put a bid on it, so the price dropped to $100, but the BIN was gone (You know the story).

So I "watched" it, and it sold for $216.00 US, or something like that. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Idiots!!!

Random crap story 2.

Check out this shark tracker, they tag great whites and post their position on the global map

http://www.ocearch.org/ go to "shark tracker" the click one of the windows, I suggest "all sharks" window link, rather than "recent sharks" as the cookies send you to the same one each time (you can't change your mind and go back without clearing cookies). "Recent" window link is localised to Sth african tagged sharks seemingly

Random crap story 3.

I have a rubic cube coffee cup, which holds a coke can if need be (Fathers day was good to me, was a gift from Grand-daughter)

896763723_IMG_24821.thumb.jpg.80c389cca612ce2b0854276b502eeef9.jpg

I just found out (1.5 years after it was published), that my "Taxi Cab" bartop project made it into the "Project Arcade" 2nd edition book, available on amazon.

Cool, I've now been imortalised twice :lol (The asteroid cab project won a mamey award, but was also featured in a retro gaming magazine, which I now forget the name of :/ )

I just found out (1.5 years after it was published), that my "Taxi Cab" bartop project made it into the "Project Arcade" 2nd edition book, available on amazon.

Cool, I've now been imortalised twice :lol (The asteroid cab project won a mamey award, but was also featured in a retro gaming magazine, which I now forget the name of :/ )

Legendary stuff mate!

When you remember, let us know