Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

High Scores - Pinbot

Pin Name: Pinbot

Abbreviation: PB

Manufacturer: Williams

Year of Release: 1986

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-Ball High Scores

Current High Score: 10,766,720

Member: Rat

Date Scored/Advised: 7-July-2016

Game Notes: 6.6 mil on first ball.

EQ Current High Score: 9,999,999 (clocked)

Member: tye3333

Date Scored/Advised: 2007 (Scored)

Game Notes: Factory default

EQ current high score: 9,999,999(clocked) +126,450

Member: Rat

Date scored/Advised: 22-November 2015

Game Notes: "hacked rom resets solar value jackpot each new game"

Current No. 2 Score 7,916,110

Member: Jed

Date Scored/Advised: 24-05-2016

Game notes: Solar Bonus at 3.4million.

Current No. 3 Score: 6,189,520

Member: DKong

Date Scored/Advised: 11-Nov-2011

Current No. 4 Score: 5,933,940

Member: Jesder

Date Scored/Advised: 19-Feb-2017

Game Notes: 2 EB's

Current No. 5 Score: 4,881,780

Member: Wingtipvortex

Date Scored/Advised: 10-Sep-09 (Scored)

Current No. 6 Score: 2,150,160

Member: Jesder

Date Score/ Advised: 26 May 2016

Game Notes:

Modified roms to reset solar bonus

Current No. 7 Score: 1,257,790

Member: VON

Date Score/ Advised: 21-March-2020

Game Notes:

5-Ball High Scores

Current High Score: 951,340

Member: VON

Date Scored/Advised: 24-March-2018/19-March-2019

Game Notes:

Let Me Know Guys!!!!

Edited by toads

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

top score

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-Ball High Scores

Current High Score: 9,999,999

Date Scored/Advised: 2007

Game Notes:

3-Ball High Scores

Current High Score: 9,999,999

Date Scored/Advised: 2007

Game Notes:

Hey tye3333, thanks for adding your score. Was the game set on default settngs (if you can remember)?

It's all we've got for this game so far, so probably not a big deal;)

Hey tye3333, thanks for adding your score. Was the game set on default settngs (if you can remember)?

Yep just on fct settings, this was when it was in the milk bar down the road for 20c a game, was taken away about 6month ago now :(

What do you mean not a big deal ;)

Thats a great score obviously clocked it, I haven't hit 3,000,000 yet, wingtipvortex managed 4,600,000 on mine before we lost the visor cover that keeps the balls in the locks :cry

Mine is on factory , 3 balls, now just need a plastic visor cover so I challenge the score :)

Yep just on fct settings, this was when it was in the milk bar down the road for 20c a game, was taken away about 6month ago now :(

So did you get way over 9,999,990 , would be interested in your final score :unsure

Thats a great score obviously clocked it, I haven't hit 3,000,000 yet, wingtipvortex managed 4,600,000 on mine before we lost the visor cover that keeps the balls in the locks :cry

Mine is on factory , 3 balls, now just need a plastic visor cover so I challenge the score :)

So did you get way over 9,999,990 , would be interested in your final score :unsure

in the end i got about 0,12X,XX . when it clocks over the 0 at the start stays. the sola valu was about 5,000,000.

in the end i got about 0,12X,XX . when it clocks over the 0 at the start stays. the sola valu was about 5,000,000.

I actually meant to say so I can challenge (play) against your top score, didn't mean I doubt your score, sort of sounded wrong what I was saying:).

Ah yes the Solar value, like the way you build up your bonus values on different parts of the PF.

And multiball is defiantly a part of this game not just a feature.

I actually meant to say so I can challenge (play) against your top score, didn't mean I doubt your score, sort of sounded wrong what I was saying:).

Ah yes the Solar value, like the way you build up your bonus values on different parts of the PF.

And multiball is defiantly a part of this game not just a feature.

if you get 9,999,999 thats job done i think! :D

i just wish they would put another 20c pin back, now its EPP at $1 :sleep + :realmad: = :cry

Just meant not a big deal at this point whether it was on factory settings or not, since we didn't have any other scores for the game:)

The score itself - definitely a big deal. Not bad for 20c a game! Have added your score tye3333.

Edited by pistolpete78

Ok, tweaked the machine and patched up the visor plastic, and finally after the 4th can of Turkey managed a game, then the right Big Blue ramp switch:realmad: stop working , so had to pull the top PF apart (again, getting quick at it now :laugh:), broken wire to the right switch :realmad::realmad:, so two more Turkey cans and re-soldered and replaced.

First game my top score

Factory settings, 3 ball

You can also put WTV ( Wingtipvortex) score or 4,881,780 in third position :p as per photo

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/DKongAA/IMG_2731.jpg

• 2 years later...

Finished the red side of GI LED's and added a couple more blue's still need three more blue, so having a few games and crack a high score :) (for me)

6,189,520 (still on factory 3 Ball)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd199/DKongAA/DSCN3767.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

878658556_PinbotHighScore20_07_2013.thumb.jpg.5002471f8eed13e7b9b6b2d729cafa6f.jpg

I didn't like that the solar value jackpot carries over from game to game and can make the scoring unbalanced, as above scoring 5mill with one shot, so I searched and found a hacked ROM that fixes this issue.

Mine is now factory settings, except the solar value starts at 300k each new game. Great to know about the zero after clocking it, will make it easy for me to get a pic and upload when I do :D

I'm happy to be in second place still, for now....I'm coming after #1 @tye3333 ;)

Hey Tye3333 you might be interested in coming up to the meet here in November for few of games of Pinbot?

P.S. my second highest is about 8.8mill but the high scores reset due to a glitch....hopefully a power circuit issue, have it plugged into it's own power point now, fingers crossed it won't happen again :rolleyes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

doesn't seem to anyone updating this, but I'll post this anyway.... 7,916,110. 3 Balls, Factory Settings.

This was the first game after I fitted Superbands (one red, and one blue) and man, they do make a diff. not as bouncy, still enough to bounce pass, but much better for a live catch and i think the feel is better.

Also got my first 10x Vortex skillshot for 1 million points :D owned this machine for 4 months and played it a lot in that time, never even got up past 6x Vortex before. Also in this score was a 3.4 million Solar Bonus.

I'm not going to get a hacked rom, i really like the fact the solar bonus holds over between power-offs. It's great when you have mates round and the bonus is right up there, the tension to get that Solar Eclipse is high :cool:

WP_20160523_20_42_44_Pro.thumb.jpg.87fb5f3a382e27660e07a3f0176a0241.jpg

Glad you are enjoying your Pin-Bot :)

IMHO though having a high score where half of it was set up by previous games is not really legit....3.4 million Solar Bonus that must be a huge amount of ramp shots previously before collecting the solar value. (Just worked it out at 70 ramps shots)

http://pinball.org/rules/pinbot.txt

I find collecting the solar value during multi ball is not too difficult so it would not be often I get more than 5 or 6 ramps before collecting it.

Yeah Superbands make live catches very easy, I have not tried them on my machines as the couple of friends machines that have them I think it alters the original feel too much and makes me feel like I'm cheating. I just tried some Titans on my MMR as they were supposed to be more like original rubber, but I found the ball rolled too fast on them and actually made gameplay much harder. I'm sticking to old school original rubber for my games :)

Keep playing Jed you have away to go yet, I clocked mine with the bonus reset hack and original rubbers :D but I have only ever done it once....next two HS are in the 9mill then fourth is 8mill.....anything around 5mill is a great game for me and very exciting when you get it flowing that well, I still have games quite often under 1mill.

It's nice when you get the goals that you don't get often like reaching the Sun or getting 10x vortex and you hear those rare callouts....Pin-Bot is a classic :)

Glad you are enjoying your Pin-Bot :)

IMHO though having a high score where half of it was set up by previous games is not really legit....3.4 million Solar Bonus that must be a huge amount of ramp shots previously before collecting the solar value. (Just worked it out at 70 ramps shots)

http://pinball.org/rules/pinbot.txt

I find collecting the solar value during multi ball is not too difficult so it would not be often I get more than 5 or 6 ramps before collecting it.

Yeah Superbands make live catches very easy, I have not tried them on my machines as the couple of friends machines that have them I think it alters the original feel too much and makes me feel like I'm cheating. I just tried some Titans on my MMR as they were supposed to be more like original rubber, but I found the ball rolled too fast on them and actually made gameplay much harder. I'm sticking to old school original rubber for my games :)

Keep playing Jed you have away to go yet, I clocked mine with the bonus reset hack and original rubbers :D but I have only ever done it once....next two HS are in the 9mill then fourth is 8mill.....anything around 5mill is a great game for me and very exciting when you get it flowing that well, I still have games quite often under 1mill.

It's nice when you get the goals that you don't get often like reaching the Sun or getting 10x vortex and you hear those rare callouts....Pin-Bot is a classic :)

I don't agree Rat. It's as legit as the rom it came with. To say getting a high score this way isn't 'legit' is being precious, as is saying using superbands is cheating. I think you need to be careful, or you'll fall off that high horse of yours :p

I think you need to be careful, or you'll fall off that high horse of yours :p

Just my opinions :) yeah I agree I did come across as a smart arse LOL.....but I have worked for it as I have been playing Pin*Bot for years compared to yourself playing for a few months and getting a big jackpot to boost your score which I know is just part of the ruleset but IMO makes the game unbalanced. Bride of Pinbot is sort of the same with the billion shot although you do have to earn that one, but it becomes a one shot game. The balance of Pin-Bot is restored by the hacked ROM I think....I do understand what you are saying about you and your mates trying to get the big jackpot though....normally it would be just player preference but when we are talking high score tables it makes a difference. It's my choice to make it harder, that's what I like :)

@tye3333 has the top score in this thread being the first to post clocking it.....but if anyone is editing this thread I think I should bump him down to second as he got a 5mill carry over jackpot in his 10mill but I had no carry over jackpot :D :p

As far as Superbands go, I know my thoughts about them are possibly in the minority, I think they even use them at PAPA now? but I think they make some games too easy compared to original rubbers, I have been practicing my live catches HEAPS and I'm getting there slowly. But when I played a mates MET-LE with supers and found live catches much easier it didn't make me want to change to them, personally I think if I learn the hard way I should be better at live catches all round on a range of games, that is my hope anyway.

YEP you will laugh to know that Karma just bit me hard :o:lol

I looked back through the thread and realised I had not posted here when I clocked mine last November, I searched my PC for a pic and didn't immediately find one so I went downstairs to power up my game and take a pic. (found pics on PC later)

When I turned it on I was greeted with FACTORY SETTINGS on the display FAAAARRRRKKKKK......I will check my batteries, it was OK just last week when @Spacewarrior played it.....he must have broken it :realmad: :realmad: :lol I hope it is just the batteries, I don't think they are that old though???? fingers crossed.

Here is a short video of me clocking it shot by my son.....NEARLY didn't make it :o

http://i.imgur.com/Fcy0zVvh.jpg