Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dumped Pinballs

I delivered a pinball this morning and was chatting away and turns out the ladies uncle owned the 'Penny Arcade' in Sydney and had a shitload of pins sited throughout Sydney in the 60's & 70's......

Any way her cousin had 2 pins that had been just sitting around in her shed for the last x number of years and in a clean out 2-3 days ago took these to the dump out at Nowra :cry :cry :cry

So if anyone here is in Nowra or close by, might be worth going to check out??

Oh the humanity!!!

some people have no idea, my old man told me months ago that his brother inlaw helped a guy shift house, they threw out 2 one armed bandits because the guy didnt want them and didnt know what to do with them, they both worked fine just no room in his new unit for them:realmad::realmad::realmad:

Ian

Wonder who scored them?

Anyone know what they were?

My bet would be the guys/gals who work at the dump....have seen them pull stuff out of the bins up here that amazes me....

indeed, our local seems to be a well organized operation...police'ish almost (!)

i remember the old days of coming home with more shit than you went with !

:p

Edited by Nug
grammer !

LOL :lol

i can see it now... available from dymocks..

dummies guide 2 ripping off the local TIP

chapters include , but not limited too..

timing

positioning

target

possible scenario

bribery

defence

ahhh, the good old days when it was an adventure and we always came home with more than we went with :lol

sometimes we just went with minimal to chuck out just to go in and grab something we guessed would probably be there or someone had told us about.

we had to be quick as in those non politically correct days the big grader just come straight for you if you were taking a door off a car or a speaker out of a tv or whatever and he would just smash whatever we were looking at and that was that... he never seemed if he would stop and there were some close calls! it did make it fun i guess cos we treated it like a game to get in, get something before the grader nazi spotted us and get out :cool:

all that was maybe 10 years after when we used to go to a tip near a mates place and get some fencing/roof iron and some rocks and get close to the TV section and see how many tubes you could implode/explode before someone noticed :realmad: great fun when you are maybe 10-12 years old :rolleyes

geez, the things you forget about 25-30 years on!

i was told the tricks by a local pc repair guy

he confronted them to say he rebuilds in his own time and passes on free pcs to the needy

the council was no go so he took matters into his own hands. saves them getting dumped and squashed IMO

plus the old "ohh a carton of teds happens to be in my car in sight" works dandy also :cool:

all that was maybe 10 years after when we used to go to a tip near a mates place and get some fencing/roof iron and some rocks and get close to the TV section and see how many tubes you could implode/explode before someone noticed :realmad: great fun when you are maybe 10-12 years old :rolleyes

hahaha...still fun now...:D