IGNORED

BEER

shootar75

Wouldn't say it saves you much on upfront costs, $150 should get you a home brew kit + everything you need for a batch no problems. Of course a batch with a homebrew will get you about 20L, not 50, but additional batches don't cost that much. Also keeping 50L of beer refrigerated, that's a hell of a lot of refrigeration required.

The lack of washing is a plus, but, I didn't find the washing too bad.

Ditto, the washing isnt hard to do unless you want to be lazy,

$150 for 50 litres of beer vs (worst case scenario) two batches of homebrew would cost about $90 at the absolute max for 46 litres of golden fizz or as little as $23 from the coopers range at the supermarket.

• 1 month later...
Wasn't going to drink tonight as have to take DAD to the Podiatrist tomorrow he keeps calling it the pedophile:laugh: (insert DAD I have to go to the pedophile tomorrow :laugh:) Great having a BEER and ching wag with the fellow AA guys, best place to hang out:D

For all the Melbournians on here, do yourself a favour and check out the Belgium Beer Garden, 557 St Kilda Road Melb.

Just awesome ! Plenty of beers on tap, and a massive Beer Garden to enjoy them in ! :)

ps..... It was very hard to leave there yesterday arvo :D

Oh YEAH! The Leffe Blondes, Bruins - absolute heaven in a glass! I pick these up from 1st Choice and have one as a started before falling back on other beers to get he maximum taste benefits! Those Belgian/Nth French beers are the best in the world - go have a look for a beer called St.Omer - greatest ever!

Also no one here has mentioned the only decent US beer - Samuel Adams Lager, for some reason it tastes stronger than other beers of that strength (4.7%).

Reminds of the old song - beer, beer smurfin' beer you don't get drunk and it isn't dear.

Anyone tried BlueTongue beer .

It's brewed right here in the Hunter Valley NSW . Not a bad drop but then again I love all beer .... :rolleyes

:cheers::cheers:

:cheers::cheers:

Ya know us newy lads are wooses for not having a meet by now!

Mine shed is available, 4 pins, 1 vid, hi-fi, BBQ, just bring the beer! Lotsa room for kids to run around as well!

:cool:

• 12 years later...
This stuff tastes incredible. No one makes beer better than Belgian monks.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"DSCN0850.JPG","data-attachmentid":2222705}[/ATTACH]

The Belgians are quite good at the dark and blonde beers. One of my all time favourites is Delirium Tremens. Just don't expect to still be standing after a six pack.

24-x-delirium-tremens-1160810-s110_e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, been a while between posts on this thread…

Folks you should all be supporting your local breweries and bars with take always, help drain those taps!!!

In Sydney can highly recommend Bracket Brewing currently knocking a few out of the park.

Central Coasties - Spread your love to Bay Rd, Six Strings and Block n Tackle!

Who do you recommend in your area folks???

Got a local that needs a mail order or a growler fill from??? Tell us here!

• Like 2

I find it difficult to pay the exorbitant prices being charged for craft beer these days, it's bloody obscene. I know it's what they need to charge to make a profit, but it bloody stings if you like drinking craft beer.

So, I support a local Brissie Brewery in a different way. All Inn Brewing sell fresh worts you can brew yourself at home with minimal effort. Open the fresh wort, pour it into a fermenter (I just use plastic carboys), add 5L of water, stir, add yeast, then ferment for 10-14 days between 18-24 degrees. Dry hop to your liking during the fermentation process. Then bottle or put into a keg.

My local brew shop buys them direct from All Inn Brewing each week, then I grab a selection from the brew shop. I have a metric shitload of Grolsch bottles that I have collected over years of brewing, somewhere around 500 or so. This means I can brew well in advance and bottle condition all of the beers for a good month or two before consumption.  I currently have the following in bottles.

Amber ale, black IPA, stout, Russian imperial stout, mosaic extra pale ale, red IPA, sabro pale ale, IPA and porter. I just bottle condition them all at room temp and in a cupboard inside the house and then throw them in the fridge as I consume them. I also sell cheap cartons to local mates who enjoy the brews.

Home brewing during the pandemic has seen a huge increase, for anyone interested in dabbling, I cannot recommend the fresh worts enough. I have brewed kits for years, then stepped into all grain. I haven't done all grain in so long as the fresh worts provide the same quality for a fraction of the time and effort. The worts are also so, so much better than the kits, as the worts undergo no condensing processes like the kits do.

To brew 20L of beer, it costs around $50-$70. The price difference is dependent on how hoppy the beer is, so if you have to buy more hops, it drives the cost of the brew up. 

Edited by namastepat
  • Like 3

Well I must be the opposite as I’ve gone off beer lately and enjoying Bourbon and cokes. 

@Railways hope that Swiss beer with the pristine water is upstream, from the cows 😂 if it’s downstream you know what your drinking! 

• Like 3