Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Freight and Transport

Air Road Direct

http://www.airroaddirect.com.au

8 machines received from 3 separate locations (QLD metro and country to WA metro) without any damage. Delivery took 5-6 days from memory.

Pinball was $225 (QLD metro)

Astro City was $350ish (QLD country)

60kg Vending machines (same size as a small arcade machine) were $250 each (QLD country)

By far the best freight company I have used so far.

• 3 months later...

Aladdins on the Move

This is the company that has recently advertised its services on eBay.

I had a very good experience with them, and I would recommend them for your pinball / arcade equipment needs.

Two pinballs, dismantled, bubble wrapped and ready to pick up from Sydney to melbourne = $352 (or $176 each).

If the pinnies are not dismantled, the price increases to about $250 each (please check with them first).

The machines arrived without a scratch, and I did see them blanketed and strapped to the truck = very professional.

The owners = Garry & Linda were great to deal with, and the drivers were very helpful with updates throughout the day on their progress.

The only downside was that the delivery was one week late because of unforeseen circumstances, but that was not an issue for me. The machines arrived safely and that's the main thing.

The driver mentioned to me that the owner, Garry, is a pinball and arcade fanatic who understands the "Stress" we go through for our machines. They plan on working more and more with us for our transportation requirements...

Fully recommended !

:cool:

• 4 months later...

Last year I used Chess Moving to transport 4 pins (3 were widebodies) from a place 20 minutes out of Adelaide to my house 200kms south of Perth. I shopped around and they were by far the cheapest at $671.00. That did not include packaging or insurance because the owner packed them for me (did a shit job though) and I got insurance through a broker because it was cheaper.

Anyway they did a great job and I would use them again. These people are used to shipping pianos and antiques etc so that was good enough for me.

Dave

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have just payed for a palleted pinny to be moved from a residential address in banora point (qld/nsw border) to Newcastle Depot for $177

Vella Transport

02 8787 3300

Glad they helped you Bwodie.Found that Indy yet?:D

I just had a maximvs maga machine transported from Adelaide to Melbourne for $200

I used Tea Tree Gully Removals & Storage Ph: (08) 8260 3477

It was picked up from the ebay sellers address and brought to the Melbourne wharehouse where I picked it up. I was not fussy on delivery time and was happy to wait (all of 3 days). Basically they popped it into a container with another load to Melb.

For $200 for the size of the machine it was very good. Most prices I got were $700.

And in case you are wondering the machine cost me $360 :cool:

Maxim.thumb.jpg.4e48e5c72d663e469251dc836c062eff.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hey all

if anyone is interested in importing any machines from China/Europe/USA let me know.. i work in shipping, and whilst i may not be able to actually ORGANISE anything, i can help with quotes and recommendations for brokers/forwarders and any Customs issues....

(although, if you're looking at importing say a container load of machines... i'm the girl to help ya out!!)

Interfreight logistics helped me recently, Adelaide to Perth

91 KG arcade machine, $220 (BUT not pickups/dropoffs or tail lift)

It was depot to depot

Arrived in good nic, (except it doesn't work now LOL) - Sounds good hey

• 1 month later...
Air Road Direct

http://www.airroaddirect.com.au

8 machines received from 3 separate locations (QLD metro and country to WA metro) without any damage. Delivery took 5-6 days from memory.

Pinball was $225 (QLD metro)

Astro City was $350ish (QLD country)

60kg Vending machines (same size as a small arcade machine) were $250 each (QLD country)

By far the best freight company I have used so far.

looks like i'll be using them too, for a cocktail rts quoted $460 door to door nsw to sa,

airroad quoted $140. rts didnt even care what the dimensions were, he said if it's smaller than a pinball machine the price doesnt go down cos it's their minimum size or something..

edit:

finalised transport detials with airroad direct. ended up being $118! only drawback is you have to package it up yourself, but with a price like that i reckon it's worth it.

Edited by phreak97

hey all

if anyone is interested in importing any machines from China/Europe/USA let me know.. i work in shipping, and whilst i may not be able to actually ORGANISE anything, i can help with quotes and recommendations for brokers/forwarders and any Customs issues....

(although, if you're looking at importing say a container load of machines... i'm the girl to help ya out!!)

Have often fantasied about bringing over a container load of arcades from the US, but the way the dollar is at the moment may need to hold off. Any idea on shipping cost for one of those big banger containers. What sorts of customs issues does one need to overcome? Do you know what insurance costs would be? Thanks Kitty :redface

Have often fantasied about bringing over a container load of arcades from the US, but the way the dollar is at the moment may need to hold off. Any idea on shipping cost for one of those big banger containers. What sorts of customs issues does one need to overcome? Do you know what insurance costs would be? Thanks Kitty :redface

heya etch.....

well there i would imagine, for arcades, you'd only need a 20 foot container. (correct me if i'm wrong :D)

so costs involved are......

1) local port (terminal - container handling) charges at port of loading - (in load port currency)

2) freight charges (the shipping freight charge) - from the US roughly around 2500 USD.

3) destination port charges (in australia - usually around 500 bucks AUD)

4) customs duty, import licence - (although all of this can be overcome by using a customs brokers / freight forwarder - which i HIGHLY recommend, especially if this is your first shipment, as they can sort all your required paperwork/customs requirements) - customs duty is 10% of cargo value (GST equivalency)

5) insurance - i cant help you with.... it would be negotiated with the seller (i think)

6) transport charges - again, customs broker can sort this for you, but basically the charge to pick up and return the container. you generally have 10 days to return the empty container before you accrue any charges. with ' demurrage' or storage charges at the wharf, you have 3 days from when the vessel arrives to pick up the container from the wharf, otherwise you will accrue charges.

i hope this helps....:unsure

its almost impossible to give definate prices ( and i only deal with China/Japan/ Taiwan/ Korea in my day to day work, so these are rough estimates.

hope this wasnt a totally crappy response, and it helps you to a certain degree.

it's not easy to give an estimate... there are a lot of variables.

if you want some extra advice, PM with some more details.

• 4 weeks later...

As i posted in an earlier thread, prior to seeing this one :)......

Cope sensative Freight Transport i think the website is http://www.cope.com.au....

To move a poker machine size item weighing 40kg from Brisbane to Darwin they quoted me:

$73 .......yes seriously........ and that was non-account standard public rates. and they even make sure it is packed correctly etc.....

as yet have not used them, as i have had a few more 'pressing' personal dramas that have needed more attention, but i will for sure be looking them up in the near future

(we use them weekly with work to transport copiers etc, and they are really good.)

As i posted in an earlier thread, prior to seeing this one :)......

Cope sensative Freight Transport i think the website is http://www.cope.com.au....

To move a poker machine size item weighing 40kg from Brisbane to Darwin they quoted me:

$73 .......yes seriously........ and that was non-account standard public rates. and they even make sure it is packed correctly etc.....

as yet have not used them, as i have had a few more 'pressing' personal dramas that have needed more attention, but i will for sure be looking them up in the near future

(we use them weekly with work to transport copiers etc, and they are really good.)

dalendie , cope are actually one of the few that will come in with their own equipment and pack up a machine for you so "they" can guarantee safe delivery to it's destination , well worth the little bit extra.

Even better is you can request a tail gate lift truck so there is no lifting involved for anyone.

Pricing leaves most of the others for dead .

Man I just called Cope about getting a game sent from Brisbane to Sydney and here is what I got:

Please find below quotation based on specifications provided;

Transportation $550.00

Fuel Surcharge @ 13.97% $76.85

TOTAL (Excluding GST) $626.85

I have attached a copy of our job booking form and our EFT details should you wish to proceed, as discussed earlier we would require payment prior to or at pick up. You can EFT, Visa/Mastercard or Company Cheque.

Quotation does not include insurance.

Thank you and regards,

Wow, I think NOT !!

Be cheaper for me to drive up there and collect it myself (and the game only cost me $400)

Anyone know of anyone else ?

Man I just called Cope about getting a game sent from Brisbane to Sydney and here is what I got:

Please find below quotation based on specifications provided;

Transportation $550.00

Fuel Surcharge @ 13.97% $76.85

TOTAL (Excluding GST) $626.85

I have attached a copy of our job booking form and our EFT details should you wish to proceed, as discussed earlier we would require payment prior to or at pick up. You can EFT, Visa/Mastercard or Company Cheque.

Quotation does not include insurance.

Thank you and regards,

Wow, I think NOT !!

Be cheaper for me to drive up there and collect it myself (and the game only cost me $400)

Anyone know of anyone else ?

What about these guys

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=9634

:unsure

The Good Guys (Air Road)!!

Hey guys & gals,

Just used Air Road for the first time to get a Chase HQ cab from Sydney to Melbourne. Rang on Wednesday and spoke to a really helpful guy called Sam. Handed over the details (dimensions, pickup drop off etc) he crunched the numbers and only cost me $187 no surcharges or fuel levies! Just got confirmation that the item was picked up today at noon (yes! the day after I spoke to them) and is being delivered to me (not depot!!) on Friday. Got email of invoice within 5mins of booking and completely trackable. In short very professional & affordable option for anyone looking at transport from interstate. The same machine was going to cost me $450 using RTS.

Cheers:D

The same machine was going to cost me $450 using RTS.

Cheers:D

Is it because of dimensions? :unsure

because RTS quoted these prices for Syd to Melb

Sydney to Melbourne - $200.00, depot to depot cost is $150 :unsure yes they might be $13 dollars more but they are a fagile furniture/freight company not a regular dump it anyway it lands freight company. Beware companys which use forks because your pinball/arcade could end up with big holes in it.

I used these guys for the first time recently and they were great:

http://www.smartsend.com.au/

I sent a projection screen which was 2.3m long so Auspost, etc didn't want to know. From Brisbane to Geelong for 30 bux - dims were 230 x 13 x 11cm and 12kg. Printout your labels online, pay online using CC/Paypal/etc.

Guy arrived on time, the ETA to Geelong was spot on and no damage.

For the price I thought they were great. PM me if you want any more info about my experience with them.

Cheers

LT.